advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elevated liver enzymes and intense lifting-correlation?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My liver enzymes been mildly above normal

recently....
normal ranges (according to this lab)
alkaline phoshatase 37 L 40-115 u/l
ast 62 H 10-40 u/l
alt 72 H 9-46 u/l

They been mildly elevated for a while now on my blood-work.

I havent used orals in a long time. last time I did over three months ago used them about 12 days at normal dosing-on training days only(pulsing)

I am pretty strong at some lifts and quite strong on others. "

My primary care doctor mentioned they were high and I took a week off weights, then went in for blood-work and he said they went down so alls good, six months ago.

I have heard straining hard causes liver enzymes to read high or cause a "False positive. does anyone know if this is fact?

does any-one else have mild or higher elevated liver enzymes with their blood-work ?

this is common knowledge man..

I thought so too ive heard it before. Then I saw some lab results of a guy in here with great liver enzymes

do you get blood work yourself regularly?

what do you look like if you dont mind, got a pic? maybe back up all that knowledge you got, a simple answer would do

no offense man, you seem to comment on all my threads and sort of down-play them, either that or your just not very thoughtful with your words, little slice

Last edited:
tried to edit this , wont let me. sorry I wrote that asking what you look like. all these knowledge bros know it all but all small and weak and wimps

eff it I dont care what you look like

there's a pic of me in the PYTT thread. somewhere between pages 165 and 170

you shouldn't take offense to me 'downplaying' your posts.. but let's be fair..

this week alone you have made a thread about pickles..

and now about your barely elevated liver enzymes which are certainly the result of training..

maybe you should slow your roll with the thread making and do more reading

As Little Slice eluded to, lifting heavy and with intensity can raise liver enzymes slightly. It's not something to really worry about. Next time you get labs done for alt, take a couple days off from lifting weights beforehand.

I do plenty of Blood work NEVER have I seen a raise from training. Thats training 5 days per week..
The studies i have seen on this and dont quote me.
only About 50% see a elevation and they claim it is elevated 7-10 days after training.. The study group was mayb 20 individuals.. from what I can recall/
I would check alcohol consumption or OTC meds( Ibuprofen,Acetaminophen and such) If there is a worry on being slightly over norm..

Last edited:
The intensity with muscle tissue damage is more reflective on the elevated liver enzymes, than someone who just goes to the gym with minimal intensity of muscle tissue breakdown.

Are you taking any prescription medications or certain over-the-counter supplements that may affect your liver enzymes?

there's a pic of me in the PYTT thread. somewhere between pages 165 and 170

you shouldn't take offense to me 'downplaying' your posts.. but let's be fair..

this week alone you have made a thread about pickles..

and now about your barely elevated liver enzymes which are certainly the result of training..

maybe you should slow your roll with the thread making and do more reading

get your facts straight, Ive been on a mini-vacation and havent been on here the past week. Pickles- bro, really

do you get lab results yourself on liver enzymes?

The intensity with muscle tissue damage is more reflective on the elevated liver enzymes, than someone who just goes to the gym with minimal intensity of muscle tissue breakdown.

Are you taking any prescription medications or certain over-the-counter supplements that may affect your liver enzymes?

yeah its because I train heavy and intense

no prescriptions except testosterone . I take a ton of otc supplements like resveratrol, alpha lipoic acid, lots of bcaa's, etc , nothing that I would think would cause elevated liver enzymes

looks like its from the heavy ass weights, hopefully

t

barely, is this barely, doc mentioned it was slightly high in his words, and just about ever liver ast alt test past six years its been high, and ive been lifting heavy weights 350 lbs deads , 400 squats and such for over ten years so appears to be heavy ass weight and straining is the cause, yes?.

what are your levels if you dont mind?

:sta:-wars this guy needs a pickle lol, I never even read that thread I looked at it and thought wtf and laughed

Get ur ggtp levels checked... Better indication of liver problems... Mines also comes bit elevated from training but ggtp is normal

Also, some supplements will raise it too... Green tea extract nd niacin comes to mind... I stoped taking it

Get ur ggtp levels checked... Better indication of liver problems... Mines also comes bit elevated from training but ggtp is normal

Also, some supplements will raise it too... Green tea extract nd niacin comes to mind... I stoped taking it

Yeah, I read the same thing many yrs ago and had my doc test mine when I had elevated liver enzymes and the GGT came back normal. My doc wanted to do an ultrasound of my liver because he was convinced I had trouble in there.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131