over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elite FTS Lifting Belt Opinions?

I use this badboy from APT.its a hell of a belt.i brought a piece of chain and two clips at homedepot and just clip it to the buckle to do weighted dips and pull ups

Is that you in your avatar?

I've been using belts for 30 plus years and at this point unless I'm really going heavy, which I'm not strong enough to do, I like a cheapo belt with a Velcro strap. I'm not lifting weights like Shelby and Flex, and those heavy belts are uncomfortable and unnecessary for me. Last summer I lost my Elite Fitness Belt. I bought at $20 Velcro belt (free shipping) with great reviews from Amazon. I love it, and I can rep 405 on the squat with it just fine. I used to buy from Elite Fitness all the time, I once owned a gym, but their shipping costs left me feeling anal raped.

I don't mind paying more for a nice one. Losing it would piss me off though.

I use this badboy from APT.its a hell of a belt.i brought a piece of chain and two clips at homedepot and just clip it to the buckle to do weighted dips and pull ups

That one looks nice. Haven't really looked into APT belts. I'll check those out too. Thanks.

I've used this same belt for 6years... It's great... But double prong belts suck in general.

I also use an elite fits lever belt... Which is awesome for heavy squats--gets tighter than my other belts, easier and faster too...

Too much belt for non-sumo deads and benching.

Ps: I'm a powerlifter, not bodybuilder...

I use the lever belt it's just easy to use . When you're ready to do your set just flip the lever and when you finish Un hook it ..

I personally believe a belt should only support the transverse abdominis. If a belt structurally supports the spine, then it increases stress on the vertebra immediately above and below the belt.

I personally believe a belt should only support the transverse abdominis. If a belt structurally supports the spine, then it increases stress on the vertebra immediately above and below the belt.

This is mitigated by how tight you close the belt, right? The point is to have something to push against to create intra-abdonimal pressure to stabilize your spine, not to actually support it with the belt, correct?

Is that you in your avatar?

No brother that's Eduardo Correa.met him at a show I competed at and he competed in the same show.great guy talk about peeled holly smoke he took the whole show overall and everything.

I don't mind paying more for a nice one. Losing it would piss me off though.

Man I never let it out of my site.i only use it for weighted dips and pull ups and when I do bent close grip rolls.

I have an elite FTS prong belt and I love it, had it 3 years and its as good as new

I think that's what I'm going with. Thanks for your input.

This is mitigated by how tight you close the belt, right? The point is to have something to push against to create intra-abdonimal pressure to stabilize your spine, not to actually support it with the belt, correct?

Exactly, I believe the purpose of a belt should be to increase intra-abdominal pressure to support the spine. Years ago I remember this being a fairly common topic of debate when it came to belts, not so much anymore.

Exactly, I believe the purpose of a belt should be to increase intra-abdominal pressure to support the spine. Years ago I remember this being a fairly common topic of debate when it came to belts, not so much anymore.

Thanks Kal. As always, your input is valuable and appreciated.

I have a 13mm Inzer lever belt and I hate that motherfucker. I've been wearing it for squats and deadlifts 3-4 times a week since last August and it's still so stiff it bruises my ribs or hips. I keep forgetting to bring it home so I can throw it in the oven or roll it up and set some furniture on it.

Thought I'd update. I decided to go with the single prong P2 bodybuilding belt that Shelby suggested. Also got the P2 dip belt so they match. Cheesy maybe but I like that they match.

They arrived today and first impression is that these are very well-made. Great stitching, rivers are all flush, leather is smooth. Over high quality stuff, as was expected.

I'll try to remember to post an update after I've used them some and they have been broken in.

Thanks again to all for their opinions!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395953698.719926.jpg

Another update. Had 5 good leg sessions with this thing and it makes a huge difference. I was worried that 13mm would be too thick but it's not. The slight taper prevents it from digging into my hips too much which helps a lot as well.

Granted there isn't much to a dip belt but I love this one. Chain is plenty long so the weights are near anything 'important' and I've had 3 45's on there and it feels plenty sturdy.

Overall both belts perform as well as they look. If anyone is
shopping for a lifting belt, these both have my endorsement! Very happy with this purchase.

I just started using the Inzer Forever 2-prong lifting belt at my gym (that no one else uses) and love it! Great support for heavy DL's, squats and bench.

I might actually place an order for this belt that Shelby posted, it looks pretty solid and I have needed one for awhile now. Thanks!

I bought a blet for the GF a few years back from Bob's Belts, and it is super high quality. She's wore it maybe 3 times...lol. I think it takes them a few weeks to make each belt though, so EFTS might be much quicker.

Shelby !?
Can your belt be worn all the time. Since I have wide waist looking for something that can be worn comfortably??
My buddy has cardillo and I was going to get one. But it's 45$ more and I'd guess not as thick. I wouldn't mind more support should I actually grow one day lol
Currently using a hand me down scheik thick power lifting belt. But it's only good for squats TBH. But do like feeling of support
Any input appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelby !?
Can your belt be worn all the time. Since I have wide waist looking for something that can be worn comfortably??
My buddy has cardillo and I was going to get one. But it's 45$ more and I'd guess not as thick. I wouldn't mind more support should I actually grow one day lol
Currently using a hand me down scheik thick power lifting belt. But it's only good for squats TBH. But do like feeling of support
Any input appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's thick, but I wear it for all my rowing and squat work. If you want something lighter I would maybe get a neoprene one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RingSteel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131