over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Everything getting smaller , except calves 🤨

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So since my food intake has drastically come down over the last year I've stopped trying to grow and pull out all the stops to prevent muscle loss.
So I'm just taking my TRT and 2iu a day HGH , eating what I can and getting my intra and post workout shake I've been hanging around 245lb , reasonable lean and definitely lost size all over except my calves , they are as big as ever , a little leaner but definitely not "unfilled" like everything else.
I don't train them an different than anything else , just 3 sets to failure once a week.
Genetically I've always had big calves , is this one of those things I'm gonna be the skinny/fat old dude with big calves.??
I do walk around alot more at work , probably a couple thousand more steps a day.
Does anyone else have a body part that just normally big and doesn't require any effort to maintain?? I've seen some guys with huge traps that never trained them much and even some guys that never worked out much.

Attachments

• IMG_20220227_140816.jpg
    IMG_20220227_140816.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 51
Most guys would kill for calves like that. That being said, keep in mind, they are still carrying 245 pounds walking around. They are going to get work just by walking. If it bothers you that much, don't train them at all, but I be proud to have calves like that.

Great calves mate 👍

I don't see what the problem or your question is though, do you want to lose calf-size and want to know how to go about it or?

So since my food intake has drastically come down over the last year I've stopped trying to grow and pull out all the stops to prevent muscle loss.
So I'm just taking my TRT and 2iu a day HGH , eating what I can and getting my intra and post workout shake I've been hanging around 245lb , reasonable lean and definitely lost size all over except my calves , they are as big as ever , a little leaner but definitely not "unfilled" like everything else.
I don't train them an different than anything else , just 3 sets to failure once a week.
Genetically I've always had big calves , is this one of those things I'm gonna be the skinny/fat old dude with big calves.??
I do walk around alot more at work , probably a couple thousand more steps a day.
Does anyone else have a body part that just normally big and doesn't require any effort to maintain?? I've seen some guys with huge traps that never trained them much and even some guys that never worked out much.
Looks awesome man! I'm definitely jealous of them

I'd train them twice every eight to ten days, four sets to failure , And bet they'd grow.

My back , shoulders and thighs have always been body parts that don't lose size easy, and standout.

I'm not trying to get them to grow , I was just wondering why they are not getting smaller like everything else.??
I've lost a couple inches off my thighs (and everything else really) but my calves haven't budged.
I'm hoping I can keep my weight here around 245-240 and not lose any more but off I did get down to say 220 and they still didn't lose size I think they would look weird and out of proportion.

Something I have NEVER heard.........
"A man that jabs a needle of PED in his ass say my calves are too big".......WTF? ha ha ha 😂

Does anyone else have a body part that just normally big and doesn't require any effort to maintain?? I've seen some guys with huge traps that never trained them much and even some guys that never worked out

Outstanding calves. Most people here would give their left nut to have them.

Odds are you will most likely have outstanding calves at just about any body weight. It’s called genetics, it’s called luck, it’s called being fortunate. I don’t know how you go about enjoying them but please do so.

Age will definitely play a part in a reduction of size but I suspect they will always be far far above average.

Example, I have seen old guys at the gym who’s upper bodies are laughable but they still have sturdy legs and very good calves, that if they had them in the first place, i.e., genetics.

All my opinion of course.

My calves and traps…. Both are large genetically with hardly any training. No need for me to train em intensely since they’re large to begin with.

Cage

Booohooo cry me a river :ROFLMAO:

I can safely say I have no outstanding bodyparts even if I train them constantly :LOL:

Booohooo cry me a river :ROFLMAO:

I can safely say I have no outstanding bodyparts even if I train them constantly :LOL:
I am the same. I have no bodyparts that are outstanding. The bonus is, I am even proportioned. I am either balanced small. Or balanced slightly bigger ;-)

measure them big'uns. im curious how big they are

I don't understand. You don't know what to do with these amazing calves of yours? All you need to do is whatever you've been doing with them and you'll be fine. Nothing on Earth I could do would give me calves like that. I'm too tall, and they've always been thin. My thighs are huge so my legs look like legs on a Steinway piano. You've got Greek columns.

Great calves, but I can't support the Nike shoes! Haha, seriously though... I can't build calves for shit. My dad ironically has calves very similar to yours, less lean now that he's older. Genetics...

The only muscle that remains the same, or bigger, when dieting is the one the ladies care about the most. Blood flow or I guess the body looking smaller in relation lol.

When I lean up and knock inches off the waist arms and delts look proportionally bigger though.

I'm not trying to get them to grow , I was just wondering why they are not getting smaller like everything else.??
I've lost a couple inches off my thighs (and everything else really) but my calves haven't budged.
I'm hoping I can keep my weight here around 245-240 and not lose any more but off I did get down to say 220 and they still didn't lose size I think they would look weird and out of proportion.
I did tons of stair running when I was young 9 to maybe 12?

Anyway my calves never trained them , they are large

No juice they still large, calorie deficit for years , no change ...they never budge enough to notice

I would say it has something to do with the fact that they were built so early in life body just holds onto it it's like permanent

You guys have been jogging my memory, reminding me of my HS football coach. He was short but built like a spark plug. Don’t evere recall him working out even when he let me park my gym in his back yard.

Anyway . . . he used to complain about the size of his calves (they were huge and he said he never trained them and I believe him) because they stretched out his socks so much as to make them unusable, they would not stay up.

Also, the photographer who took our wedding fotos had huge, freaky calves. Did not know this until the day I went to my foto lab to pick up some bw contact sheets and I saw this guy at the counter, his back to me so I did not recognize him. He was in shorts so I could see these ridiculous calves. I only recognized him when I got to the counter. I turned to him and said “Hey Steve (he was a famous homoerotic photographer, did our wedding as a favor to me) . . . where did you get those fucking calves?” He said “My father.” He said the first thing his mother said when he was born is that he got his father’s calves, could tell even when he was a baby.

True stories.

You guys have been jogging my memory, reminding me of my HS football coach. He was short but built like a spark plug. Don’t evere recall him working out even when he let me park my gym in his back yard.

Anyway . . . he used to complain about the size of his calves (they were huge and he said he never trained them and I believe him) because they stretched out his socks so much as to make them unusable, they would not stay up.

Also, the photographer who took our wedding fotos had huge, freaky calves. Did not know this until the day I went to my foto lab to pick up some bw contact sheets and I saw this guy at the counter, his back to me so I did not recognize him. He was in shorts so I could see these ridiculous calves. I only recognized him when I got to the counter. I turned to him and said “Hey Steve (he was a famous homoerotic photographer, did our wedding as a favor to me) . . . where did you get those fucking calves?” He said “My father.” He said the first thing his mother said when he was born is that he got his father’s calves, could tell even when he was a baby.

True stories.
I used to work with a guy who had a problem of walking on the balls of his feet. It starts in children and if not resolved through stretching they place pins in the ankle. My daughter can barely walk on her heels. I've taken her to the ortho and he wants to fix her ankles before they become irreversibly calcified.

Anyway, this guy never had that procedure (nobody did in those days) and his calves became so large that pants wouldn't fit. He ended up getting calf reduction surgery where they take a large chunk of the muscle out of both left and right calves. It sounded pretty rotten as he described it. He said it was over 3 lbs in all. We all said jokingly he should have donated it to us.

f u man
just joking
great claves dont change anything

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311