over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fast Resting Heart Rate

I had sinus tachycardia (even pre-AAS) and am now on Bisoprolol. Everything is much better now.

I had sinus tachycardia (even pre-AAS) and am now on Bisoprolol. Everything is much better now.
I think Bisoprolol is the best for singling out the lowering of heart rate without affecting BP too much.

Im getting echo soon and will see if dr can put me on that

I think you should only be taking that kind of medication if you really need it... Of course, you do what you want. But from the information you’ve given us, it’s more than likely the fact that you do zero cardio, you’re eating like a mad man all day, big meals will have an increased heart rate for a few hours so if you’re doing this all day as you say you have to so you can gain weight, it could be a factor, and possibly proper hydration... If you’re as you said; 6’3 and a lean 220 and you’re young (you never gave us your age), I highly doubt you have some sort of heart problem that you’d need medication to regulate, which if you did, continuing your journey to 240lbs, most would agree, would be absolutely retarded lol...

Not talking shit on you, but more saying it like if we were buddies; it blows my mind you’d rather take medications you probably don’t need to artificially lower your heart rate instead of being healthier and doing a bit of cardio... DC has written tons of information on the hardest of gainers doing cardio in the offseason and putting on enormous amounts of muscle in a short period of time.. I have a hard time believing you have some 1 in 7 billion genes that don’t allow you to do so because of a few minutes of cardio a day that you might burn 50 calories doing lol... If you’re that hell bent on it, just add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a meal and you’ll more than make up for the calories burned during the cardio session but at least you’ll get the health benefits of exercising your heart...

I think you should only be taking that kind of medication if you really need it... Of course, you do what you want. But from the information you’ve given us, it’s more than likely the fact that you do zero cardio, you’re eating like a mad man all day, big meals will have an increased heart rate for a few hours so if you’re doing this all day as you say you have to so you can gain weight, it could be a factor, and possibly proper hydration... If you’re as you said; 6’3 and a lean 220 and you’re young (you never gave us your age), I highly doubt you have some sort of heart problem that you’d need medication to regulate, which if you did, continuing your journey to 240lbs, most would agree, would be absolutely retarded lol...

Not talking shit on you, but more saying it like if we were buddies; it blows my mind you’d rather take medications you probably don’t need to artificially lower your heart rate instead of being healthier and doing a bit of cardio... DC has written tons of information on the hardest of gainers doing cardio in the offseason and putting on enormous amounts of muscle in a short period of time.. I have a hard time believing you have some 1 in 7 billion genes that don’t allow you to do so because of a few minutes of cardio a day that you might burn 50 calories doing lol... If you’re that hell bent on it, just add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a meal and you’ll more than make up for the calories burned during the cardio session but at least you’ll get the health benefits of exercising your heart...

we’ll see what the dr says.

you're right. Maybe it’s as simple as adding in cardio. But from what I recall, even before I was eating as much as I am and the weight that I am, I had this issue too.

Yes mine has always been slightly fast. My first indication that it was slightly fast was on my 7th grade physical. I had to wait in line for like an hour and when it was my time they asked if i was just running around..im like wtf cant you see this long ass line! My HR was in the mid 80's on that physical.

My HR has almost always been in the mid 80's resting sometimes upper 80s low 90's during the day. It is what it is.. ive had EKG's, echos, cardiac MRI's. All my blood work is fine.

It use to bother me the most when i would lay down at end of the day in bed. i could really feel my heart pounding. I expect its from some increased blood return but doesnt really matter.

Theres quite a few studies relating heart rate to early mortality and morbidy but i write that off as most people who have higher heart rates are out of shape. I have always been in quite good shape and i do cardio daily. I used to run cross country in hs and do track and my HR was still elevated back then too.

I take atenolol 50mg before bed. Makes a world of a difference for me. It drops my HR down to about 70 and i feel good all night.

It is what it is.. im not concerned but it is annoying to have to take a beta blocker. I dont "need to" but im certainly more comfortable when i do.

It sounds crazy to even ask you considering the line of work you’re in but you must have checked yourself out for hyperthyroidism, right? No elevated Free T3?

Anyone think a fast resting HR would make putting on weight harder?

the heart is constantly beating fast like it’s doing cardio. That’s how I see it. I hope I’m wrong there.

the heart is constantly beating fast like it’s doing cardio. That’s how I see it. I hope I’m wrong there.
I dont think it would burn significantly more calories, but it would burn more.

we’ll see what the dr says.

you're right. Maybe it’s as simple as adding in cardio. But from what I recall, even before I was eating as much as I am and the weight that I am, I had this issue too.

From what you recall, is it something you paid a lot of attention to? Or just overthinking about and convinced yourself that maybe this was always the case?

Hopefully the doctor says you’re perfectly ok, then you know with some cardio in a couple months your RHR should be down in the 60’s...

And hey, look at it this way, if that’s all it is (lack of cardio) you’ll be able to lower your RHR and save those extra calories in the long run 💁🏻‍♂️ Lol

How old are you if I may ask?

It sounds crazy to even ask you considering the line of work you’re in but you must have checked yourself out for hyperthyroidism, right? No elevated Free T3?

its a good question and certainly something people should check out if there is clinical concern in a situation like sinus tachy. I checked out fine.

The reason i take atenolol is its not as lipophylic as say bisoprolol. I dont want things to be readily crossing the blood brain barrier. If bisoprolol works well for people taking it without sides then i wouldnt change it but i try not to take meds that cross easily.

Someone earlier had asked if atenolol gave me HR control during the day. The answer is yes but it wears off in the evening before my next dose.

Atenolol can have its own issues ( some lipids, weight gain in some ppl) however i dont get any sides from it. Id get good HR control without too much BP drop.

Article here on the 2 drugs. My cardiologist has me in Bisoprolol.

The article makes the point too that Bisoprolol doesn't affect beta receptors in other organs as much, such as the lungs. I have asthma too.

Article here on the 2 drugs. My cardiologist has me in Bisoprolol.

The article makes the point too that Bisoprolol doesn't affect beta receptors in other organs as much, such as the lungs. I have asthma too.

yes that is a good point.

In people without any sort of COPD/asthma then atenolol generally wont effect lung function to any appreciable degree at lower dose. Atenolol is pretty good at favoring b1 over b2 at lower doses ( if we are talking HR control and not BP control). If however you start to jack up the doses in patient with uncontrolled hypertension you can start to get some b2 blocking going on which in theory cause some copd issues. I say in theory as many papers were done looking at the first generation beta blockers and many didnt show any issues but to me it makes sense that in some patients it could.I have seen a few papers showing some decrease fev1 on some beta blockers.

I had used nebivolol for a bit and i think its a good med for bodybuilders however i just wasnt getting great HR control like i was with atenolol so i stopped.

yes that is a good point.

In people without any sort of COPD/asthma then atenolol generally wont effect lung function to any appreciable degree at lower dose. Atenolol is pretty good at favoring b1 over b2 at lower doses ( if we are talking HR control and not BP control). If however you start to jack up the doses in patient with uncontrolled hypertension you can start to get some b2 blocking going on which in theory cause some copd issues. I say in theory as many papers were done looking at the first generation beta blockers and many didnt show any issues but to me it makes sense that in some patients it could.I have seen a few papers showing some decrease fev1 on some beta blockers.

I had used nebivolol for a bit and i think its a good med for bodybuilders however i just wasnt getting great HR control like i was with atenolol so i stopped.
I was on carvedilol and it seemed to affect beta 2 more than the others we discussed. I had to get off because it lowered my BP too much. I was on the highest dose of that, maybe 80 mg? With my rhythm problems, im on a high dose. I was able to take carvedilol at a high dose by slowly increasing dose over the course of several months. Go up too fast and then I'd have asthma trouble. Even now with Bisoprolol, my lungs feel tight in the morning and I will use albuterol probably 5 times a week when I get up.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws