YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite "out of the ordinary, change it up" workout experience?

Backfrominjury

Registered
Barbell curls had always been a staple in my biceps workouts. I would do 4 sets and add in some mixture of dbell curls, preacher curls, hammer curls, etc... the past two years I have found myself getting too cute and avoiding barbell curls almost every workout. Yesterday, I did 9 sets of barbell curls all with dropsets. I started with 125 lbs to failure, then 105, then 85, and finished with 65 lbs. This morning I woke up with soreness for the first time in a very long time.

In years past I would go in and do every exercise I would normally do for that bodypart, but instead of 3-4 sets of each I would do 1 set of 100 reps per exercise. Or maybe 1 set of rest-pause, another of drop set, another of forced reps, another negatives, etc changing it every single set.

Got me curious what are some of your maybe more extreme, or creative methods you have used to change it up in the past? What were some of your more out of the box workout routines?

I'll sometimes do the exact same exercises, but everything on a plate stack machine instead of free weight/hammer strength.
Instead of reps, I'll do one minute rounds. I start off as heavy as possible, usually the whole stack, once I fatigue, I drop down a bit (I don't look at the weight, I'm trying to transition as fast as possible, weight doesn't matter), once I fatigue again, another slight drop.
I do that for every set, of every exercise. Basically the whole workout is non-stop drop sets.

It's the first time I've actually fallen down after leg day, I was at the store and my leg literally just gave out. The cardio is insane, I'm gasping for air and dripping sweat everywhere at the end. It's really fun but leg day is obviously unpleasant, every leg exercise, even the isolation ones, become super nauseating.

I've been butchering the shit out of muscle rounds (ala Fortitude Training) to change it up a bit for me and I'm regretting every second. My original intention was to reduce training volume, then I saw something shiny and decided to try aspects of Fortitude Training instead, because I'm more or less retarded.

I threw up for the very first time in a long time doing muscle rounds with leg extensions. Thankfully the trashcan was sitting right there. @homonunculus fuck off

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws