over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fluid on the Knee?

Jaylee

Banned
I have been training heavy squats with moderate reps for sometime now. I never use wraps and go beyond parellel. i often fluctuate the weight between 495 for 15 - 20 reps and up to 635 for 10 or so. I recently have had some tightness and fluid build up on my right knee. " What is the best remedy for this problem? " Obviously i do not want to stop training legs. i am just trying to find a way to trouble shoot this problem. Also, is the leg injured and can i train through this mishap?

I had a buddy who was a tile setter and had the same problem and he was a PL so this made squatting hard but he had his knee drained every so often from his doctor. Have them make sure there is no underlying issues and maybe this will help. Later bro

HIs did not due to his work life. The relief he got was outstanding when he had it done though. I will look up some info and get back to ya

I just spoke to him and he said to make sure you have your doctor check to make sure you have no meniscal cartilage or ligament damage. he also wanted to know if you have family history of knee issues? does it hurt at all times or just when you squat? does it lock up at all? is it sore when resting? sometimes they will give you a anti-inflammatory to help it heal quicker after they remove the fluid from the knee. all they do is stick a pin in ya and drian and DO NOT try it on your own, I can see the mouse running now.....:D

Sometimes this can be caused by the IT band being to tight and causing the knee to track improperly. Google stretches for the IT band, they are tough to explain without pictures.

If it is fluid on the knee te typical protocol is to wrap it keep it straight and elevated for about a week should work. I have had it many times. A couple time I had it drained with a syringe because it was taking to long and I was playing football at the time.

Go to a doctor and have him drain it with a syringe. You may even find instructions on the net on how to perform it yourself. (I do not know how dangerous this is, so perform it at your own risk, but it seems fairly simple to me to do it yourself) It does not hurt, as I have had it done numerous times when I tore my ACL. If the fluid is yellowish, you should be fine. If the fluid is red from blood, you probably have a slightly torn ligament or other damage. Hopefully you do not have Chronic Bursitis where it constantly comes back. They may have to remove the Bursa bag at that point.

Last edited:
I just looked this up, so if you want some reading:

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws