over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fluid retention question…

Aikman56

Kilo Klub Member
So for the first time, pretty much ever, I’m experiencing some peripheral edema in my ankles and feet. Actually, to a lesser extent, there is some fluid retention everywhere, but primarily in the lower extremities. I know that our bodies change over time, and I’m not using anything that I have not used in the past, just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

I’m currently running 750mg test cyp, 600mg NPP, 300mg masteron.
I have been doing the Justin Harris-style carbohydrate cycling that I discussed in another thread. Two low days at about 100-150g, three medium days at 500g, and two high days at 900g. On the high days, I’m utilizing Humalog 3 x daily (5iu every other meal) for carbohydrate transport and storage.

About three weeks ago, I started using some generic HGH. Three IU before bed on training days (that’s five days per week). Within about a week, the Adema got so bad in my ankles and feet that there’s definite pitting and it’s pretty painful. I have utilized both Pharma and generic growth in the past with no fluid retention issues.

My question is this… What might have caused my body to react this way if it never has in the past? It’s not my blood pressure. That was trending a little higher than I wanted it, but I’m using 40 mg of Telmisartan daily and my normal morning BP is about 121/60. Like I said earlier, I know that the way our bodies utilize certain compounds changes over time, but this was kind of shocking. I have never had an issue with fluid retention… In fact, John Meadows used to joke with me that my body must not produce antidiuretic hormone!

I’m having full blood panel done next week on Wednesday so I can see if there’s anything wacky going on internally. In the meantime, I discontinued the use of the GH. Stopped after Wednesday night’s administration. If the growth hormone is the culprit, how long should I anticipate it taking for the edema to resolve? And if I get my blood work back and everything looks good (kidneys, etc.), and I wanted to put the GH back in, what measures could I take to limit the edema, moving forward?

This is all very new to me. I have run GH the last week of a show with no issues, and the heaviest diuretic dosing I have ever had to utilize was something on the order of .5 to 1 diazide.

thanks for any input!

If it’s just generic no name GH it could be of a lower purity / etc. which could 100% cause that. I’ve heard of that response from some of the shittier/shadier no name UGL gh from China. That would be my initial guess …. Product issue more so than your body having changed how it responds.

Between your high carbs and GH could be causing it. Did you get a new source for GH? Also any adjustments or big fluctuations of calories could cause it. What is you water intake? Ate you on your feet more? If so, wear compression socks. It helps. I get that from long trips too.

Between your high carbs and GH could be causing it. Did you get a new source for GH? Also any adjustments or big fluctuations of calories could cause it. What is you water intake? Ate you on your feet more? If so, wear compression socks. It helps. I get that from long trips too.
definitely a new source for GH, but a source i e used for tons of stuff over the years.

I’m guessing that it’s probably the gh, just was
nted additional input.

As for other variables, everything else was exactly the same. And I do mean EXACTLY. Activity, training, steps per day, and I live (diet) by the spreadsheets offseason and precontest.

could Coritsol be abnormally elevated or extremely high? i.e something stressing you out in your life more so than normal?
My wife suggested that. We’re selling the house we’re in and closing on new construction in 6 weeks, BUT is hasn’t been stressful at all. We got a buyer the first day it was listed, for more than we asked, the house we’re building is coming in on time and under budget, work is great, my quarterly bonuses are at goal, so I’m really thinking the gh.

definitely a new source for GH, but a source i e used for tons of stuff over the years.

I’m guessing that it’s probably the gh, just was
nted additional input.

As for other variables, everything else was exactly the same. And I do mean EXACTLY. Activity, training, steps per day, and I live (diet) by the spreadsheets offseason and precontest.
More then likely that is your problem. I know from black tops to gold tops, I don't see the water weight from gold as black. Black tops make me hold water. You might try a mild diuretic, but keep eye on BP.

If HGH is the only new variable, I would look at that like pesty stated. If it has a higher impurity or dimer content, then that might be the cause. Not saying it does, but that would be my first guess. I know guys who can add a drastic amount of water retention when they first start GH. It usually subsides to a degree, but it varies person to person. Add in that you are, or it appears to be, in a caloric excess, it probably exacerbates it to a degree...maybe. Maybe cut down to 2iu and see if that helps until blood work is completed.

I've had to deal with this since about 2020, often one side being worse than the other, for instance my watch strap going from "#3 tightest hole" to the very last hole on the strap over the course of a few days with no change in AAS or diet, then lower legs swelling so bad I couldn't squeeze into my work shoes (not even single buckle monk strap's).. ffs the lower legs of my pants were like skin tight, and I couldn't even get on my knees on the bed to fuck my gf's cuz my calves/knees were so swollen that they wouldn't bend (!)

turns out it's lymphedema, and to deal with it I've gotta wear compression stockings (that go all the way up to the thigh), in addition to wrapping my legs with ACE Bandages and having to take Lasix and Aldactone for a few days until the swelling goes down. I've learned to just kinda deal with it.

you could consider throwing in an anti-cortisol like a transdermal b-aet, but that may also add to / cloud your variables

To me this seems like a GH issue for the reasons stated earlier. Should be cleared by Monday if that is the cause. I’d try a different source when you add GH back.

I’m just glad this is a thread about a fluid retention issue outside the face.

Has that always been your BP reading?

diastolic is down there, but if that’s your norm, and HR + respiration are normal then i got nothin

I got that from one generic at just 4IUs daily. I am talking about EXTREME crazy ankle edema. Couldn't even wear shoes without compression socks. It stayed for weeks after getting off the GH too so perhaps a bolus dose of a diuretic can speed it up

No issues with blue tops but was given white kits and couldn’t tie my laces. Took time to go away.

A post said some pharm kits contain a diuretic and some UGLs don’t. I wasn’t lean enough to be using growth at that amount of iu’s

Dandelion Root and compression Sox is often recommended as a solution.

Im using 6IU GH and slin (10IU) pre-workout. Been on GH/Slin about 2 months and I have the same edema in ankles etc..
Just started adding Dandelion and Uva Ursi but would like to get a diuretic as the edema is getting a bit uncomfortable.
With GH, i expected this but everyone handles it different.
I'm using brown tops btw

So for the first time, pretty much ever, I’m experiencing some peripheral edema in my ankles and feet. Actually, to a lesser extent, there is some fluid retention everywhere, but primarily in the lower extremities. I know that our bodies change over time, and I’m not using anything that I have not used in the past, just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

I’m currently running 750mg test cyp, 600mg NPP, 300mg masteron.
I have been doing the Justin Harris-style carbohydrate cycling that I discussed in another thread. Two low days at about 100-150g, three medium days at 500g, and two high days at 900g. On the high days, I’m utilizing Humalog 3 x daily (5iu every other meal) for carbohydrate transport and storage.

About three weeks ago, I started using some generic HGH. Three IU before bed on training days (that’s five days per week). Within about a week, the Adema got so bad in my ankles and feet that there’s definite pitting and it’s pretty painful. I have utilized both Pharma and generic growth in the past with no fluid retention issues.

My question is this… What might have caused my body to react this way if it never has in the past? It’s not my blood pressure. That was trending a little higher than I wanted it, but I’m using 40 mg of Telmisartan daily and my normal morning BP is about 121/60. Like I said earlier, I know that the way our bodies utilize certain compounds changes over time, but this was kind of shocking. I have never had an issue with fluid retention… In fact, John Meadows used to joke with me that my body must not produce antidiuretic hormone!

I’m having full blood panel done next week on Wednesday so I can see if there’s anything wacky going on internally. In the meantime, I discontinued the use of the GH. Stopped after Wednesday night’s administration. If the growth hormone is the culprit, how long should I anticipate it taking for the edema to resolve? And if I get my blood work back and everything looks good (kidneys, etc.), and I wanted to put the GH back in, what measures could I take to limit the edema, moving forward?

This is all very new to me. I have run GH the last week of a show with no issues, and the heaviest diuretic dosing I have ever had to utilize was something on the order of .5 to 1 diazide.

thanks for any input!
Very likely the generic HGH. Since that’s the only variable changed. Only thing I’ve seen is that many/most store excess fluid all over when generic HGH is used.

I’d run a full blood panel as you are to check kidney function, CRP and a comprehensive metabolic panel.

Some guys can get it just from weight fluctuations up if you’re in a growth phase.

But if you wanted to be extra cautious you could get an Echo and CT Calcium score done as well. I’m all about being proactive rather than reactive when it comes to stuff like this. Better to get to the root of it IMO than trying to chase it with another supplement or med.

At minimum I’d drop the generic HGH and get pharma or meditrope without dimmers.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131