YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those of you who split Legs into 2 days?

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm looking to change up my leg routine. Would you mind posting how your current routine looks? I would like to quit the traditional 1 leg/day week work out, since my legs are the main group I want to focus on. I was thinking of doing quads or maybe hamstrings with a group like shoulders at the end of my work out, and still keep a whole leg day 3-4 days after. Input aprecieated.

Also I have a problem with my lower back where any type of heavy squats or presses gives me an insane pump back there for 10-15 minutes after each set to the point where its difficult to stand. So having a pure leg day takes me atleast 2 - 2.5 hours just from resting between sets. Just another reason I could benefit from breaking it up.

I have found that doing hams on deadlift day is good... For instance

Mon- Chest, Bi's, abs, calves cardio
Tues- Lower back, shoulders, Hams, tri's, cardio
Wed- off
Thur- Back, Bi's , abs, calves, traps, cardio
Fri- quads, light chest, tri's, cardio
Sat- abs', forearms, cardio
Sun- off

This works pretty good the only problem I have been finding is that my lower back is still a "little" sore from the deads and hypers from Tues on Fri. Which is'nt really a problem. I have made some good gains with my hamstrings this year.

IMO

I believe if u r feeling to much stress n your back then it is trying to compensate for bad lifting posture or weak muscle groups. I feel if I do legs right then I should have limited lower back stress (I want the muscular stress to be in my legs) Some I feel lift way too much weight and this is why ur back wants to compensate. Leave your ego at the door and lift smart and efficiently. When I do stiff legd deads then I may feel a little in my back but once again if I feel majority in my back then im doing it incorrectly. I dont like free squats I rarely do them my baby is the leg press, I dont buy into the "u need to squat to have big legs" I feel the leg press puts the meat where it needs to be..... ask Dorian
gooey

gooey said:
I believe if u r feeling to much stress n your back then it is trying to compensate for bad lifting posture or weak muscle groups. I feel if I do legs right then I should have limited lower back stress (I want the muscular stress to be in my legs) Some I feel lift way too much weight and this is why ur back wants to compensate. Leave your ego at the door and lift smart and efficiently. When I do stiff legd deads then I may feel a little in my back but once again if I feel majority in my back then im doing it incorrectly. I dont like free squats I rarely do them my baby is the leg press, I dont buy into the "u need to squat to have big legs" I feel the leg press puts the meat where it needs to be..... ask Dorian
gooey

It has nothing to do with my ego, I have been posting about this problem for years. I have 2 slipped disc in my lower back along with scoliosis. it only seems to bother me when im on gear. How much weight I do is irrelevant i can do good morning's with my body weight and after 20 reps I won't be able to stand up straight. The best way to describe it is a "pump" to the lower back. Some times just walking does it, a lot of guys get this on dbol I can get it with just eq.

Any way I'm done chasing after what the problem is with my back, what I would really like is advice on 2 day split for legs.

BTW. Did Dorain never squat? Thats pretty cool if its true.

Not wanting to debate the squat vs leg press but my experience was that I never saw any substantial growth in my legs till I started squatting correctly. I train legs twice weekly sometimes every 8 days....

1) OLY Back Squat 2 to 3 warmups then 3 to 5 work sets.
2) Leg press 3 sets.
3) Leg extension 3 sets.

1) Hack Squat (smith or Cybex) 3 sets.
2) Ham Curls (cybex) 3 sets.
3) Stiff legged deads. 2 sets.

Sometimes I throw in front squats in place of Hack's
Please comment as I would like to know what others think.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear