over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For women

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
March 12, 2003 -- Hormone replacement therapy reduces a woman's risk of Parkinson's disease -- if she's not a coffee drinker. A new study suggests caffeine reduces Parkinson's risk in women who don't take HRT -- but increases it in women who do take HRT.

The findings help explain a puzzling fact. Men who drink coffee have a lower Parkinson's risk. The same never seemed to be true of women. Why? It now seems that caffeine interacts with the female hormone estrogen, the main ingredient in HRT.

A research team led by Alberto Ascherio, MD, a professor at the Harvard School of Public Health, examined data from the Nurses' Health Study. This study collected data on more than 77,000 women over 18 years.

Reporting in the March 11 issue of Neurology, Ascherio's team found that HRT reduced a woman's already-small risk of Parkinson's disease by 65% -- if she drank less than a half cup of coffee a day. Women who used HRT and drank more than five cups of coffee a day had a 150% higher risk of Parkinson's.

"These results suggest that caffeine reduces the risk of Parkinson's disease among women who do not use postmenopausal hormones, but increases risk among hormone users," Ascherio says in a news release.

However, Ascherio notes that these findings are no reason for women to use -- or not to use -- HRT.

"Short-term use [of HRT] for relief of menopausal symptoms should be considered on an individual basis and independently of caffeine intake," he says.

Nice additions too the board Emeric. Especially to our female members.

Cognitive function in association with - PubMed Mobile

Gynecol Endocrinol. 2013 Jan;29(1):59-62. doi: 10.3109/09513590.2012.705385. Epub 2012 Sep 11.

Affiliation
Department of Women's and Children's Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet/University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden. [email protected]

Abstract
Several studies have suggested gender differences in cognitive function, but data on the association between sex hormones and cognitive function are contradictory. The aim of our randomized double-blind study was to explore the possible relations between cognitive function and serum levels of sex hormones, oxytocin and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in postmenopausal women. Two-hundred healthy postmenopausal women were randomly assigned to receive estrogen, testosterone or placebo treatment for 1 month. The associations of spatial ability, verbal fluency and verbal memory with serum levels of estradiol, testosterone, estradiol/testosterone ratio, androstanediol, oxytocin and IGF-I were analyzed. Spatial ability showed a negative correlation with serum estradiol, estradiol/testosterone ratio, oxytocin levels and a positive association with androstanediol levels. Verbal fluency displayed a negative relationship with serum levels of testosterone, IGF-I and a positive with estradiol/testosterone ratio. Verbal memory displayed a positive correlation to androstanediol. Data suggest that not only absolute levels of sex hormones but also the balance between estrogen and testosterone and their metabolites may be important for cognitive function in women.

Last edited:
Nice additions too the board Emeric. Especially to our female members.

Cognitive function in association with - PubMed Mobile

Gynecol Endocrinol. 2013 Jan;29(1):59-62. doi: 10.3109/09513590.2012.705385. Epub 2012 Sep 11.

Affiliation
Department of Women's and Children's Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet/University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden. [email protected]

Abstract
Several studies have suggested gender differences in cognitive function, but data on the association between sex hormones and cognitive function are contradictory. The aim of our randomized double-blind study was to explore the possible relations between cognitive function and serum levels of sex hormones, oxytocin and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in postmenopausal women. Two-hundred healthy postmenopausal women were randomly assigned to receive estrogen, testosterone or placebo treatment for 1 month. The associations of spatial ability, verbal fluency and verbal memory with serum levels of estradiol, testosterone, estradiol/testosterone ratio, androstanediol, oxytocin and IGF-I were analyzed. Spatial ability showed a negative correlation with serum estradiol, estradiol/testosterone ratio, oxytocin levels and a positive association with androstanediol levels. Verbal fluency displayed a negative relationship with serum levels of testosterone, IGF-I and a positive with estradiol/testosterone ratio. Verbal memory displayed a positive correlation to androstanediol. Data suggest that not only absolute levels of sex hormones but also the balance between estrogen and testosterone and their metabolites may be important for cognitive function in women.

Lat me know if you know any women that need help, I been helping many over 45 years old women with fertility, PMS and early stage of menopause problems.

They can contact me via PM.

June 14, 2013. In the American Heart Association journal Stroke, researchers from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health report an association between lower levels of the hormone dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) and a greater risk of stroke in older women. Their findings appeared online in the journal on May 23, 2013.
The study included women who had no history of stroke upon enrollment in the Nurses’ Health Study in 1976. Stored blood samples obtained between 1989 and 1990 were analyzed for DHEA sulfate levels. Four hundred sixty-one participants in whom stroke had occurred over follow-up were matched for age, race, menopausal status and other factors with 461 control subjects.
Women who experienced a stroke were likelier to be diabetic and have a history of high blood pressure in comparison with the control group. Among women whose DHEAS levels were among the lowest 25% of participants in the current study, the adjusted risk of experiencing an ischemic stroke was 33% higher than that of women whose levels were among the top 25%. Further adjustment of the analysis increased the percentage to 41%.
Authors Kathryn M. Rexrode MD, MPH and colleagues note that DHEA could influence the development of cardiovascular disease and stroke through mechanisms that include inhibition of the migration and proliferation of vascular wall cells, and stimulation of vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis, which reduces vascular remodeling subsequent to injury.
“To our knowledge, this is the first report to evaluate DHEAS levels and risk of ischemic stroke,” the authors announce. “In this cohort of older women, these results suggest evidence for an inverse association between DHEAS and risk of ischemic stroke, where lower levels of DHEAS were associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke.”
“Additional research is warranted to confirm these associations in other populations,” they conclude.

March 12, 2003 -- Hormone replacement therapy reduces a woman's risk of Parkinson's disease -- if she's not a coffee drinker. A new study suggests caffeine reduces Parkinson's risk in women who don't take HRT -- but increases it in women who do take HRT.

The findings help explain a puzzling fact. Men who drink coffee have a lower Parkinson's risk. The same never seemed to be true of women. Why? It now seems that caffeine interacts with the female hormone estrogen, the main ingredient in HRT.

A research team led by Alberto Ascherio, MD, a professor at the Harvard School of Public Health, examined data from the Nurses' Health Study. This study collected data on more than 77,000 women over 18 years.

Reporting in the March 11 issue of Neurology, Ascherio's team found that HRT reduced a woman's already-small risk of Parkinson's disease by 65% -- if she drank less than a half cup of coffee a day. Women who used HRT and drank more than five cups of coffee a day had a 150% higher risk of Parkinson's.

"These results suggest that caffeine reduces the risk of Parkinson's disease among women who do not use postmenopausal hormones, but increases risk among hormone users," Ascherio says in a news release.

However, Ascherio notes that these findings are no reason for women to use -- or not to use -- HRT.

"Short-term use [of HRT] for relief of menopausal symptoms should be considered on an individual basis and independently of caffeine intake," he says.

Emeric, I am curious in that Parkinsons study what did they use for HRT? The reason I ask is because in many studies they make the assumption that Premarin or other synthetics are the same as bio-identical estrogen and use them interchangeably. If they are using anything other than bio-identicals for the HRT than that could skew the results.

Emeric, I am curious in that Parkinsons study what did they use for HRT? The reason I ask is because in many studies they make the assumption that Premarin or other synthetics are the same as bio-identical estrogen and use them interchangeably. If they are using anything other than bio-identicals for the HRT than that could skew the results.

Estrogen and progesterone combo.

Lat me know if you know any women that need help, I been helping many over 45 years old women with fertility, PMS and early stage of menopause problems.

They can contact me via PM.

I have a 50 year old that will def be interested in your help...I will have her get in touch

Thanks!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311