over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fouad Abiad and Jordan Peters: A Higher Level of Focus

Just finished listening to it and loved it. I’m a huge fan of Jordan and Fouad. I was dying laughing when Fouad said to Jordan “you know you’re crazy right?”.

Lots of respect to Jordan and his site is an excellent resource. I know he's not in it for the "long haul" so I think his training style fits him and his mentality. However, for those that want to be training for a long time there's just no way that his style is conducive to that.

My point is for the younger guys: you WILL feel invincible at 30, not so much at 40, and when you approach 50 and up you need to really be careful with things. This isn't to say you can't train very hard and intense and grow but it means the super heavy training until failure just won't be conducive.

Take a look at Milos. Still looks great at 55+ with limited injuries/joint issues. For many of his training years, he has substituted heavy weights to failure with a shit ton of volume. In a recent Palumbo round table with Tom Prince, he said high volume can be just as conducive to growth as the heavy training to failure.

Again- my point is for the guys that want to be in it long term, not the ones that want to push hard to 35 then bow out.

This is my favorite episode. Im a huge Jordan fan.

Going off what Reno said, I think he's dead on. IF you do push it to the max (and i love Jordan and train this style), it will end your career quicker. But i think you just play the game and watch each body part. If you've injured your chest and its beat up, chances are the insanity of JP's progressive overload plan might be too much. But you might use it for your legs?

Thats how i think of it. I follow a plan very similar to JP's but on certain muscle groups, i just cant. Legs for instance, I cannot dig deep and get those 6-9 reps out anymore. And when I've tried is when I tear something. So I take that into account and pivot to something I can do. If you looked at how I train EVERY BP, you'd say, "wtf plan is this" lol but i just take the stuff that feels safe, good and what I know I can progress on and do that. I still am obsessed with progression like Jordan is. I CANNOT go the gym and just do the same shit over and over.

I'm glad to see Jordan looks fairly healthy, here. He wasn't looking so great for a while, you could tell he and his partner were really pushing it.
He pushed it really hard for some time,6-7g gear per week + HGH

I'm glad to see Jordan looks fairly healthy, here. He wasn't looking so great for a while, you could tell he and his partner were really pushing it.

Agree. And 2 more points below:

1) I wish Jordan would have touched on his digestive issues in the interview. If you follow his log on his site you know that he's got some IBS type stuff going on (being 5-6 and as high as 308 can do that:oops::oops:). Clearly pushing the food limits over time can cause issues so I wish he would have gotten more into the digestibly of foods. As I've progressed, I've found this much more important. I've hit a sloppy 285 at 6-1 eating chicken, rice, beef, oats, potatoes, etc. Looking back getting those calories from other more digestible source would have been a lot easier than just power shoveling. Adding carb sources such as white bread, cream of rice, pancake mix with protein shakes, low sugar cereal, etc would have been much easier on my system.

2) I feel a person really needs to have their training style fit their "personality". Clearly Jordan is next level when it comes to his ability to muster up maximum intensity but also being able to couple that with recovery that his body needs. For me personally I just couldn't dig for that much intensity set after set, day after day, week after week, etc

Getting under super high loads day in and day out can create a heightened level of anxiety (for me at least and I am not prone to any sort of anxiety usually) as those super high loads can be dangerous. Other people get bored using long rest sets and are better suited for shorter rest and high volume. Shelby who has/had more of a monk-like demeanor trained 4x/week with longer sessions. For some a 1:30 session is just too long and for others it's too short. My advice is to try different methods and figure out what works for you with producing results but also what fits your personality and mental state. Botton line: if you don't like your training sessions most likely you will burn out faster.

I really like Jordan Peters, I think he produces great content, and I think he's very smart with his business. But, as someone who is approaching 50 and loves to lift (and I think he loves to lift also), I wish he would consider the long term more.

I really like Jordan Peters, I think he produces great content, and I think he's very smart with his business. But, as someone who is approaching 50 and loves to lift (and I think he loves to lift also), I wish he would consider the long term more.

How old is JP? I LOVE his content. I mean this without a touch of malice but if you told me he was 20 or 58 my response would probably be "ok I figured" to either response lol.

How old is JP? I LOVE his content. I mean this without a touch of malice but if you told me he was 20 or 58 my response would probably be "ok I figured" to either response lol.

I'm approaching 50, not Jordan, he's still a young kid!

I used to be a member of his site. I seem to remember he mentioned he was only going to do this for another year or two because he knows it’s not healthy. After that he plans to lose size and train with more volume.

Yep.
Jordan has said multiple times that at 34 or 35 he's retiring from BBing to downsize and just continue running the biz.

I used to be a member of his site. I seem to remember he mentioned he was only going to do this for another year or two because he knows it’s not healthy. After that he plans to lose size and train with more volume.

Yep.
Jordan has said multiple times that at 34 or 35 he's retiring from BBing to downsize and just continue running the biz.
I wonder if he has it in him mentally to train different and let the size go. I know for me the day I can’t train hard and intense I’ll stop training and I’m nowhere near Jordan’s level or intensity. I’ve tried the higher volume sub failure stuff and I just couldn’t stay motivated. I’m very goal oriented and the general fitness just to stay healthy or look good naked in shape stuff doesn’t click with me.

Im 100% the same way.
The chase the pump stuff never fully motivated or clicked with me.
Im obsessed with progression and have always looked at weight lifting as getting stronger...yeah a cool added BBing benefit has been getting jacked. But i love training because I want to beat something. So i totally understand this mindset.
Seems like Jordan is the same way.
I actually wonder if his "I'm done at 34" mindset would be different if he turned pro this year.

I wonder if he has it in him mentally to train different and let the size go. I know for me the day I can’t train hard and intense I’ll stop training and I’m nowhere near Jordan’s level or intensity. I’ve tried the higher volume sub failure stuff and I just couldn’t stay motivated. I’m very goal oriented and the general fitness just to stay healthy or look good naked in shape stuff doesn’t click with me.

Yep, I'm OCD and need to have some kind of a goal lol For instance, 'maintenance' on a diet just kills me...I need to have a specific goal. I'm guessing a lot of us are the same way.

You can always make the goal be something along the lines of health improvement. You can make the goal a new 20 rep PR or a new level of leanness or training for the best blood work ever. Our changing abilities dictate changing goals as we age.

You can always make the goal be something along the lines of health improvement. You can make the goal a new 20 rep PR or a new level of leanness or training for the best blood work ever. Our changing abilities dictate changing goals as we age.
It’s not really the same. The only reason I go to the gym is to get stronger on my chosen movements and as a byproduct get bigger. That is the only thing that motivates me to go. I could have a goal to run a marathon but I hate running and it’s boring to me. Our goals are what interests us, what we look forward to. When the day comes I can no longer lift progressively I’ll have no reason to go.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws