over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full body routine guys

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently switched from a bro split to a full body 3x a week routine to keep it simple yet switch things up. I took my regular volume (9 or so sets per part) and reduced it a bit so each workout MWF has 2 sets per part (6 total).

Doing a full body routine but with high intensity. It seems like most people who do this split do higher volume, shorter rest between sets, to get more of a "fat burning effect" vs strength/beat the log book.

I like to periodize and do 4 weeks on, then a deload week, just to keep my shit simple because in the past I get to worried about the details and lose focus on training intense. So my plan is

Week 1 2 sets per part
Week 2, make my lagoon parts sets rest pause (triceps, side delts)
Week 3, add RP to 2 more parts (rear and front delts)
Week 4, up the volume alot to see how much I can tolerate
Week 5 deload

Then start my next meso cycle with higher volume if I wasn't too beat up by week 4 to find how much I can tolerate.

Wondering how some of you guys set your shit up for those who do full body 3x a week. What kind of volume per part? I assume you also use 3 different exercises at least per week? Do you do droplets, rest pause, or find that to be too much with 3x per week frequency?

I used to do something similar with a John Smith 5x5. Let me tell you / that workout is brutal and puts serious size on.

Thanks for the replies, full body is going well so far enjoy doing something other than a bro split yet keeping it simple still (I prefer not to do more complicated routines like to keep it basic).

For guys that hit a part multiple times a week, in my case 3x a week. If you want to up your volume would you add additional sets, or add rest pause to existing sets?

Reason I ask is I'm not too experienced with rp training and not sure how it would cut into recovery.

I do heavy compounds the first day mixed with bands for accessories

second day all dumbbells and specialty bars for reps

and the cycle repeats forever

Thanks for the replies, full body is going well so far enjoy doing something other than a bro split yet keeping it simple still (I prefer not to do more complicated routines like to keep it basic).

For guys that hit a part multiple times a week, in my case 3x a week. If you want to up your volume would you add additional sets, or add rest pause to existing sets?

Reason I ask is I'm not too experienced with rp training and not sure how it would cut into recovery.
I workout 7 days a week full body explained in my above post...remember your going full body so whatever your doing is getting trashed...so, you really become a master of auto-regulating yourself...full body everyday should never be a check list...you really do have to feel it out

How is recovery with that? Never heard of 7x per week frequency do you train to failure?

How is recovery with that? Never heard of 7x per week frequency do you train to failure?
It’s fine..again, it’s about auto-regulation..you know when to go all out be it weight or reps vs when just to work the movement.

I’m not trying to get bigger anymore..just stronger little by little and stay in really good shape

in my experience recovery is roughly equivalent to 2-2.5 strainght sets to failure(depend on rep range)
I would not use rest-pause sets for training bodypart 3 times a week. And instead of additional sets, I would add one more exercise.

in my experience recovery is roughly equivalent to 2-2.5 strainght sets to failure(depend on rep range)

I would not use rest-pause sets for training bodypart 3 times a week. And instead of additional sets, I would add one more exercise.
Agreed...it's way easier and more beneficial to add the extra exercise

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127