over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gaining size over 50

Not quite at the 50 mark yet but I always find cycling through different diet approaches and training styles gives me some good results. More so for my mental approach as well, keeps it interesting. Experimenting is half the fun.

Well I will be 50 in Jan 2018. Im close but yes your body can take a toll! Over the years I have figured out that all this can literally tear you apart mentally. About 5 years ago I got sick (in a drug induced coma for a month) and had a 20% chance of coming out of it alive. Well here I am! I got back in the gym, have more lean muscle now then I did in my 20's but also a lil too fat along with that. So i take it one day at a time, i appreciate each day as a GIFT and as long as I give it 110% in the gym, in my relationship, my job and life then I rest easy! So dont sweat the size, be happy that we can still get in a gym, workout and do what we do!

But to answer the question: With me its about the diet if i want to gain or lose :)

Well I will be 50 in Jan 2018. Im close but yes your body can take a toll! Over the years I have figured out that all this can literally tear you apart mentally. About 5 years ago I got sick (in a drug induced coma for a month) and had a 20% chance of coming out of it alive. Well here I am! I got back in the gym, have more lean muscle now then I did in my 20's but also a lil too fat along with that. So i take it one day at a time, i appreciate each day as a GIFT and as long as I give it 110% in the gym, in my relationship, my job and life then I rest easy! So dont sweat the size, be happy that we can still get in a gym, workout and do what we do!

But to answer the question: With me its about the diet if i want to gain or lose :)

Glad you recovered from ur illness sir.. 50 is a piece of cake if you keep at it.. pro

at 60 just had a bone density test (dexa) and my results were literally off the charts. The tech has done 1000's of these tests and has only seen 1 other person score that high and it was a 20 something collegiate rower.

I attribute my bone density to 10,000 iu's of Vit D3 on a daily basis and ofcourse regular heavy lifting.

Damn

at 60 just had a bone density test (dexa) and my results were literally off the charts. The tech has done 1000's of these tests and has only seen 1 other person score that high and it was a 20 something collegiate rower.

I attribute my bone density to 10,000 iu's of Vit D3 on a daily basis and ofcourse regular heavy lifting.

Simply awesome sir ... impressive for sure

Thanks

I'm going to increase Vit D3 up to 20,000 IU's a day and see if bone density goes up even more.....

IM 49 AND I REFUSE TO LOOK AND ACT MY AGE. I ONLY TRAIN 3-4 TIMES A WEEK TO GIVE MY BODY PLENTY OF RECOVERY TIME.BUT WHEN I DO ...ITS ALL OUT AS HARD AND HEAVY AS MY BODY WILL LET ME. NOT TO MENTION YEAR ROUND "ENHANCEMENT" KEEPS ME HOLDING ON TO MY HARD EARNED MUSCLE AT 6 2" 280LBS

I'm 54 next month. No, I am not big, but I can gain another 20lbs+ easy by upping my moderate dose and eating more. But W doesn't like me too big and I'd prefer not to have the first thing people think when they see me "Steroids"

I'm about 6 feet, 210ish.

Attachments

• 31000271841_6fbfa69fa6_o.jpg
    31000271841_6fbfa69fa6_o.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 226

I had surgery a few years back and the Dr. told me the only anomaly was he had to cut though a mile of muscle and I had bones of granite. That was on a max of 1400 iu's a day of d. I think the lifting is a far bigger factor.I am not sure that harder is always better as things get harder they also get more brittle and shatter when they do break. i wold assume bones are much the same.

Yes you can

I’m 59. I’m about 7 weeks into my first cycle ever. I’m taking around 380-400 Mg a week of sus, pinned Mon, Wed, Fri, and Proviron every day. I throw 12.5 mg of Aromasin in 3 times a week. I just had my bloodwork done and my test is at 1640. My Estradiol was a little high, 45 with reference of <39. Everything else was great (except for LH and FSH ; )

Anyway…I’ve been lifting forever. I powerlifted in the 90’s. I’ve never really stopped since my late teens. I started this cycle at around 178 pounds (5’8”) and am now at 190 with the same belt notch. I have some abs (if I look sideways in the mirror with my eyes squinted). My body is transforming and all my lifts have improved dramatically. So yes, you can get bigger over 50.

I've had two shoulder surgeries and a hip replacement in March.

My final weights are probably what most people warm up with. It's amazing how quick your balls shrink when you're almost 60. I don't give a shit.

Last edited:
Nice job Fulton, you succeeded....Nobody will ever think your on steroids!
Good Job! I hate lookin like I'm on steroids....

Last edited:
I wish I had taken a bone density test before I started taking Vit D3 at 10,000 UI's....to see if it made a difference....a lot probably has to do with heavy lifting....I'll be able to see if 20K increases density....all other factors remaining the same

Nice job Fulton, you succeeded....Nobody will ever think your on steroids!
Good Job! I hate lookin like I'm on steroids....

could be the most stupid thing people say "i don't want people to think I am on steroids". personally I hope people think I am on 15 grams a week, I wish lol

You guys are great inspiration to me. I'm in my late 40's and have to admit my gains have come slow over the past few years. Part of that from a few nasty injuries. I've gotten frustrated and several times just decided I was done but I'm a bodybuilder too hardcore to just give up and quit. Doing this is just a part of who I am and I feel incomplete when its not in my life. I've restructured my training and diet and most importantly for me personally is getting more quality rest. I have to cut Mama's Family off a little early but the rest and results are very much worth it.

I'm 52, change my frequency and intensity often.

Started on gear when I was 48.
Gained about 10 lbs of muscle the first year

TRT only now although my Doc has me on some moderate Var right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm 52, change my frequency and intensity often.

Started on gear when I was 48.
Gained about 10 lbs of muscle the first year

TRT only now although my Doc has me on some moderate Var right now.

I'm 51 and on scripted Test at 200mg/week. Insurance covered. Doc hasn't offered Var...any advice on how to talk to him about it?

Gotta find the right doc.

My doc is one of us.

Gotta find the right doc.

My doc is one of us.

My doc is a competitor as well...physique though. I'm gonna feel him out a little more. I was just happy to get what I got at the time.

I've heard of guys in Fla getting Var scripts...but I'm in TX

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311