over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Galveston Trip

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
Since vacations have become a popular topic lately I thought I'd share some pictures from our trip to Galveston. Two of my girlfriends cousins and their families flew to Dallas Thursday morning and we drove down to Galveston and stayed until Monday. It's definitely picked up in the last few years and was packed with people all weekend, but not to the point that you couldn't do stuff. Her cousins all have kids so there were some kids activities we skipped out on, but it's cool because the kids look at us as the fun aunt and uncle who don't have kids, still party, etc., and always want us to come along.

This was my dog's first road trip and first time at the beach. I rescued her at 10 months and she's now 11.5 years so I really wanted to give her this experience. She doesn't swim but loved hanging out in the sand and letting the tide hit her.

Friday we went to Schlitterbahn waterpark and mostly stayed in the mile-long lazy river. Saturday everyone went to Moody Gadens (zoo / aquarium / rainforest exhibit) but I've been multiple times so I drove us across the island on the front and back sides so my girlfriend could see it all. Sunday was our beach day and it was great - laying in the sand and letting the tide wash over me is peak relaxation. Sunday night my girlfriend and I went for dinner by ourselves at Salsas which was amazing then got snowcones at Rita's (all sorts of crazy flavors like Oreo and a great sugar-free cherry). We then met up with everyone else at the Pleasure Pier and did some rides there. I bought like 2lbs. of candy in the candy shop there and ate 1.75lbs. of it that night. Monday we all hung out in the morning and headed back around noon. We stopped at Timmy Chan's in Houston for lunch - if you're in the area and haven't tried it you must. It's a drive-through Chinese restaurant, always in bad neighborhoods, always run down, no tables or restroom inside, but the portions are insanely big. For $12.95 I got chicken fried rice that I made two meals out of which is unheard of for me.

Galveston isn't a beautiful beach like Destin or San Diego but us Texans take a lot of pride in it. Galveston used to be called 'The Free State of Galveston' and it's still a place where you can go and do whatever the fuck you want as long as you're not messing with other people. It's also great to visit if you're into history - it's one of the oldest cities in Texas and many homes and buildings are over 120 years old.

My dog did great in the car - no accident, no barks, no cries going there or coming back.

layla1.jpg

Letting everybody know where the good times are at with our Chillin' The Most flag.

house.jpg

My dog loves to lay out like a pinup girl so I had to join her for a picture.

layla3.jpg

layla4.jpg

Bodybuilding at the beach with my shaker cup and lasagna + ground beef.

layla5.jpg

layla6.jpg

There's a famous store in Galveston called The Witchery with all sorts of occult and esoteric goods - picked up this jacked Baphomet.

jackedbaphomet.jpg

My girlfriend at Hazy Daze, one of the best smoke shops I've ever been to.

hazydaze.jpg

New ashtray we picked up at Hazy Daze.

ashtray.jpg

Looking out over the seawall.

pleasurepierocean.jpg

The Pleasure Pier.

pleasurepier.jpg

Rode the ferris wheel 100 feet up off the end of the Pleasure Pier - stains courtesy of tons of Mexican food, margaritas, and a snowcone.

ferrishwheel.jpg

Have to do this next time - swing ride 230 feet up over the ocean.

galaxyswing.jpg

beach1.jpg

The chicken fried rice from Timmy Chan's. I added the ground beef but as you can see it's a massive amount of rice for $12.95.

timmychans.jpg

Texans are extremely proud people and we have a 67 foot tall statue of Sam Houston, one of our founding fathers, on the side of I-45 in Huntsville.

samhouston.jpg

This might be my favorite picture I took.

layla2.jpg

Looks like you had a great time! I’ve never been. I’m sure seeing a giant dude like you walking around with all those stains would have been hilarious.

yeah not great beaches but it does make a nice trip, usually can drive it in under 1.5 hours, we were there a couple of weeks ago and took our gsd, she never been to the beach, she would go out in a few inches of water then run from the waves, after about an hour she warmed up to it, i was fairly far out one time and turned around and she was peddling her ass off trying to get to me, the waves would swamp her and she would be totally submerged, she finally made it to me and grabbed me trying to pull me back to the beach, lol, she kept doing the same thing to my little girl, i guess she figured she was rescuing everyone.

Since vacations have become a popular topic lately I thought I'd share some pictures from our trip to Galveston. Two of my girlfriends cousins and their families flew to Dallas Thursday morning and we drove down to Galveston and stayed until Monday. It's definitely picked up in the last few years and was packed with people all weekend, but not to the point that you couldn't do stuff. Her cousins all have kids so there were some kids activities we skipped out on, but it's cool because the kids look at us as the fun aunt and uncle who don't have kids, still party, etc., and always want us to come along.

This was my dog's first road trip and first time at the beach. I rescued her at 10 months and she's now 11.5 years so I really wanted to give her this experience. She doesn't swim but loved hanging out in the sand and letting the tide hit her.

Friday we went to Schlitterbahn waterpark and mostly stayed in the mile-long lazy river. Saturday everyone went to Moody Gadens (zoo / aquarium / rainforest exhibit) but I've been multiple times so I drove us across the island on the front and back sides so my girlfriend could see it all. Sunday was our beach day and it was great - laying in the sand and letting the tide wash over me is peak relaxation. Sunday night my girlfriend and I went for dinner by ourselves at Salsas which was amazing then got snowcones at Rita's (all sorts of crazy flavors like Oreo and a great sugar-free cherry). We then met up with everyone else at the Pleasure Pier and did some rides there. I bought like 2lbs. of candy in the candy shop there and ate 1.75lbs. of it that night. Monday we all hung out in the morning and headed back around noon. We stopped at Timmy Chan's in Houston for lunch - if you're in the area and haven't tried it you must. It's a drive-through Chinese restaurant, always in bad neighborhoods, always run down, no tables or restroom inside, but the portions are insanely big. For $12.95 I got chicken fried rice that I made two meals out of which is unheard of for me.

Galveston isn't a beautiful beach like Destin or San Diego but us Texans take a lot of pride in it. Galveston used to be called 'The Free State of Galveston' and it's still a place where you can go and do whatever the fuck you want as long as you're not messing with other people. It's also great to visit if you're into history - it's one of the oldest cities in Texas and many homes and buildings are over 120 years old.

My dog did great in the car - no accident, no barks, no cries going there or coming back.

layla1.jpg

Letting everybody know where the good times are at with our Chillin' The Most flag.

house.jpg

My dog loves to lay out like a pinup girl so I had to join her for a picture.

layla3.jpg

layla4.jpg

Bodybuilding at the beach with my shaker cup and lasagna + ground beef.

layla5.jpg

layla6.jpg

There's a famous store in Galveston called The Witchery with all sorts of occult and esoteric goods - picked up this jacked Baphomet.

jackedbaphomet.jpg

My girlfriend at Hazy Daze, one of the best smoke shops I've ever been to.

hazydaze.jpg

New ashtray we picked up at Hazy Daze.

ashtray.jpg

Looking out over the seawall.

pleasurepierocean.jpg

The Pleasure Pier.

pleasurepier.jpg

Rode the ferris wheel 100 feet up off the end of the Pleasure Pier - stains courtesy of tons of Mexican food, margaritas, and a snowcone.

ferrishwheel.jpg

Have to do this next time - swing ride 230 feet up over the ocean.

galaxyswing.jpg

beach1.jpg

The chicken fried rice from Timmy Chan's. I added the ground beef but as you can see it's a massive amount of rice for $12.95.

timmychans.jpg

Texans are extremely proud people and we have a 67 foot tall statue of Sam Houston, one of our founding fathers, on the side of I-45 in Huntsville.

samhouston.jpg

This might be my favorite picture I took.

layla2.jpg
That's awesome bro I'll be taking my dog to the beach next week.

I'll park across from pleasure pier.. get out and smoke on a couple bowls of potent sativa. Head across the street to the jungle gym and do some chins and push ups.
Take a couple more rips from the newly packed bowl then head off for a 6 mile run down the seawall. I'll switch between shore break and the seawall depending on how my knees feel. But usually when Im baked I don't feel any knee pain/pressure.
Galveston is cool given how beat up it gets year in and out. I just like going to run. Not so much the beach or the 'sights'. Last year I took the whole football team to pleasure pier. Fun times

yeah not great beaches but it does make a nice trip, usually can drive it in under 1.5 hours, we were there a couple of weeks ago and took our gsd, she never been to the beach, she would go out in a few inches of water then run from the waves, after about an hour she warmed up to it, i was fairly far out one time and turned around and she was peddling her ass off trying to get to me, the waves would swamp her and she would be totally submerged, she finally made it to me and grabbed me trying to pull me back to the beach, lol, she kept doing the same thing to my little girl, i guess she figured she was rescuing everyone.
It's 1.5 hrs just from downtown Houston. Depending on how the idiots drive through the construction near Bay Brook mall. But yeah clear shit it's about 35mins.

Wow you sure know how to have a great time man! Cool dog and great gf you got there as well.

My wife is headed down there for a girls trip next month. Good little town, it’s been a long time since I’ve been down there.

OT; I love cattle dogs, I’ll never own another breed.

I go to surfside a little further down from Galveston at least once a week..my wife’s dogo argentino usually goes with me..that fucker isn’t afraid of the beach at all which is a bit of a problem..first time I took him we just walked down the jetti when we got there and his ass flat out jumped in..

He swims out to the 2nd sand bar when I’m surfing sometimes when he’s able to escape my wife

What are you weighin in these pics man?
I swear u were like 285+ like a month ago

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner