over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gettin at those traps

kcbuilder

Registered
What do you guys do to get traps to grow?

Traps are a tough one for me. Open to suggestions.

one of my favourites is to use that bar with U shape in the middle( the official name? i have no idea) get some wrist wraps and back yourself into the bar so that the U is behind you just below your butt, palms facing back, wrap them in and enjoy. theres an article as well in the training section you might want to look at as well on traps with another great way of hitting them, just takes more detail than i could fit here

I believe heavy is best. I like DB shrugs better than barbell and as heavy as you possibly can for reps with good ROM. Deadlifts also build good traps.

I just do shrugs and mine grow big. I do 3 sets of shrugs behind the back and 3 sets of shrugs in front, thats all. I have always had big traps and it never took much to prompt them to grow.

I just do shrugs and they have been working pretty well. I go fairly heavy and hold for 3 seconds at peak muscle contraction. I usually do 4x15. Works for me. I like DBs because you have a better range of motion as opposed to being restricted with a BB, etc.

change it up

for variety and something different that gets good trap stimulation try hang cleans.

Just for traps? Shrugs...although rack deads, deads, etc. will hit 'um hard as well.

Upright rows with the E-Z curl bar. Use the inside curl. Get a good squeeze for a second while you have it up under your chin..

dumb bells shrugs hold for 3 seconds at the top of each rep. I do anywhere from 8-10 reps 4 sets. This is usually it for me (directly), my traps have always been good genetically too.

what do you do to stretch the muscle fascia? I would load up a smythe machine with as many 45's as you can handle.. grip it from behind you.. bar against your ass.. Hold the bar in the bottom position and lean slightly forward.. You will feel when the traps get a nice stretch when you lean.. Hold that position for 1 minute... Extreme stretch..

Regular heavy barbell shrugs is what works for me, I mean really just powering it up with control and going heavy. Rapid reps and load the bar up. I don't know why heavy shrugs are frowned upon, it's almost out of fashion to see anyone load up the bar on shrugs at gyms anymore.

Also rack pulls on back day seem to work well.

what do you do to stretch the muscle fascia? I would load up a smythe machine with as many 45's as you can handle.. grip it from behind you.. bar against your ass.. Hold the bar in the bottom position and lean slightly forward.. You will feel when the traps get a nice stretch when you lean.. Hold that position for 1 minute... Extreme stretch..

One problem with that. It's a dangerous position to be IMO and you could fuck up your lower back. I like the idea though.

This is how I do my shrugs behind my back. I get a great stretch and awesome growth. I alternate between smith machine and a freeweight squat rack.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear