over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glucophage / Metformin , who uses it?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was talking with some guys about dieting and cardio and so on and one of them brought up using this stuff while dieting but he sounded realy unsure about its effects and reasons it was good for fat loss.

what little I could find on it here I still don't have a good understanding on what exactly it does and its actual benifits.

Best I can tell is that it keeps the body from turing the carbs into insulin allowing you to eat some fats with cabrs with less chance of the carb induced insulin spike transporting the fats to storage.

Anybody here use it and know exactly what benifits it has for body builders?

NOTE:This is copied and pasted from Basskilleronline, so credit goes to him and the author JM2C.

Metformin is NOT oral insulin. People confuse it as such, because in most countries oral insulin is called Diamicron and metformin is called Diaformin.
When your body releases insulin, over time, your insulin receptors get 'dull', less responsive. In advanced stages that becomes type II diabetes.
Metformin 'refreshes' those receptors, making them more sensitive to the insulin that your body releases.
It is a great product. Taken straight after a large meal, within the hour you will have EXTREMELY full muscles. Dosages are 500mg after a normal to large carb meal, 1,000mg after a big carb meal and 1,500mg after all you can eat at Pizza Hut. You can take it after as many meals in a day as you wish, as long as those are large carb meals.
I generally found that if I take less than 100g of carbs for every 500mg metformin, I go into hypo. And yes, you can eat fat meals, as metformin will indirectly prevent the fat being deposited.
The long acting glucophage is taken before bed as it helps the person release less insulin throughout the night, especially if they had a big dinner like most people do. But that doesn't apply to a healthy person. That might get a healthy person in hypo overnight.
I believe every human should be on metformin, as it helps keep your insulin receptors fresh and as such it will prevent type II diabetes.

Glucophage doesn't cause hypoglycemia!
1- Gluco shut down your endogenous slin levels (the more slin-sensitivity, the less slin required)
2- Gluco blocks carbs absorption at intestinal level
3- Gluco inhibits gluconeogenesis
4- Gluco enhance slin receptor sensitivity
5- Gluco allows the body to produce more slin receptors
- glucophage has an activity of about 2 hours in our body (in healthy subjects; with renal dysfunctions it can reach 5 hours);
- it inhibits vitamin B12 absorption;
- it decreases VLDL levels;

this means that gluco can't do a carbs muscle loading if used alone, there aren't enough carbs and slin in your body to do this (see 2 and 3); the best way to do this, is a load/download diet regimen, with gluco in carbs download days and slin in load days.
remember: gluco is an antihyperglicemic drug, it isn't a macronutrients partitioning agent (as slin does)

JM2C

I plan on using it soon. It's pretty much beneficial for everyone and cheap. I think the maximum recommended dose per day is 2500mg. Also, besides lowering LDL levels, it also lowers triglyceride levels too.

paddington

Last edited:
OK , so it prevents the body from storing fat because the body does not produce as much insulin after a carb heavymeal? or am I understanding that wrong?
It sounds like somthing that sombody would keep around for when they have to eat a big dinner at a social function or whatever that doesn't serve grilled fish.

Anybody reading this have any first hand knowledge with it , seems like it would be alot more opoular with people that wanted to "cheat" on their diet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws