over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glycerine?

*B*

Newbies
I have noticed allot of people adding glycerine to their "during" workout drink. How much should go into the mix and exactly what effect can be expected? Also, is this the same glycerine that is advertised as a skin treatment- but can be taken internally? Your advice and recipes are appreciated, I did a search but I cant find the thread.

Attachments

• humco.jpg
    humco.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,748
Hey MG, i am curious is that 2 mls???Or 2 ozs??
I havent heard 2 mls before...
Thank-you..

I believe that would be around 50ml there Ironwill.

Thanks Massive...what is the function of glycerine when taken internally and it's effects?

Hey MG, i am curious is that 2 mls???Or 2 ozs??
I havent heard 2 mls before...
Thank-you..

It's around 2 mls I eyeball it. LOL
I'll sometimes drink more 2-4-6 mls total but will take in a ton of water.
In the summer I am adding about a 1/2 ml to every bottle of water I drink to help with hydration and avoid dehydration although glycerine makes me sweat more as well.:D

Thanks Massive...what is the function of glycerine when taken internally and it's effects?

It increases fluid retention/palsma volume good for pumps and vasuclarity.

Glycerine and glycerol are the same.
I make a very dilute solution.

Glycerine/Glycerol has the ability to super hydrate your muscle. For each ml of Glycerol you will attract around 2.5mls(I think) of water. So you must drink large quantites of water with it. It will pull water to the muscle much like a dry sponge does in a puddle of liquid! The more water a muscle will hold the better it's capability to contract. Harder contractions means more strength. Glycerol supplementation is also very advantageous for endurnace based training.

more awesome info........Im trying this as i type this...
i need to find bigger bottles.....
wow im surprised that 2 mls of this will do so much for you..So i can just take an empty syringe and load up 2 mls and that is all i need...like as in a 3cc syringe is equal to 3 mls....okay ill believe it..
Im not trying to be mr.questioner, but i know mls arent an american measurement and im just surprised its so low.....
I have always heard 1-2 ozs....
Thanks for your patience..
peace

more awesome info........Im trying this as i type this...
i need to find bigger bottles.....
wow im surprised that 2 mls of this will do so much for you..So i can just take an empty syringe and load up 2 mls and that is all i need...like as in a 3cc syringe is equal to 3 mls....okay ill believe it..
Im not trying to be mr.questioner, but i know mls arent an american measurement and im just surprised its so low.....
I have always heard 1-2 ozs....
Thanks for your patience..
peace
1ml is the same as 1cc is the same as 1gram. Lba's have 5gms of glycerol per serve so I think 2ml is a bit on the low side. Considering I drink 40-50mls of lba's per serve!! So that would be nearly 20gms/mls/cc's of glycerol per serve for me!

what are the long term affects of using this stuff though?
Pros, cons?

although glycerine makes me sweat more as well.:D

I remember when I used to use DNP, when I'd eat carbs I'd over heat and sweat alot. The way to combat that was through taking Glycerol, lol.

1ml is the same as 1cc is the same as 1gram. Lba's have 5gms of glycerol per serve so I think 2ml is a bit on the low side. Considering I drink 40-50mls of lba's per serve!! So that would be nearly 20gms/mls/cc's of glycerol per serve for me!

I hear you OF and appreciate your input, so 1 cc =1 ml of liquid i do know that.....
But 1 cc and 1 ml do not equal 1 gram because every liquid has different specific gravities and viscosities so therefore different weights, ex 1 ml of lead is a lot more weight than 1 ml of water...So i am guessing you mean 1 ml of glycerine is equal to 1 gram...
Thank-you...
Im just wanting to give glycerine a whirl for fun and then i want to try LBA as well...
Thanks again ..
i just want to try and take the correct amounts.....
and 2 ml seems low in comparison to what i have read thus far..

Searching on glycerol and hydration will bring up a lot of articles to read.
http://www.google.com/search?q=glyc...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

The glycerine used on the skin in the drug store is fine, as long as it's pure with no additives.
I use the Humco Brand.
I add about 2 mls to my 24 oz solution of supps.

i know you are gonna hate me for saying this but it is truly not a plug..

i get 1 liter of glycerine from animal for $10 bucks.. plus shipping..

thats a good buy...

i think i am not drinking enough water with my glycerine though as i seem to find my lips getting dry thoughout the day... i am going to increase my water by 50% and see..

I hear you OF and appreciate your input, so 1 cc =1 ml of liquid i do know that.....
But 1 cc and 1 ml do not equal 1 gram because every liquid has different specific gravities and viscosities so therefore different weights, ex 1 ml of lead is a lot more weight than 1 ml of water...So i am guessing you mean 1 ml of glycerine is equal to 1 gram...
Thank-you...
Im just wanting to give glycerine a whirl for fun and then i want to try LBA as well...
Thanks again ..
i just want to try and take the correct amounts.....
and 2 ml seems low in comparison to what i have read thus far..

Yes it is low, I have used more in the past, but generally use 1ml per 10 0z.
I'll be honest I don't get the huge pumps people rave about when I do this BUT I do sweat more and piss more on the lower dose-which tells me I am feeling the effects of the glycerine. I may try more like 5 mls into 500 mls solution, and see if that works better.

Maybe KM200 can chime in on the amounts he uses I know he has used it a lot as a supplement.

It depends on the specific gravity of the substance when converting a weight into a volume so it's not always a 1:1 ratio.
the specific gravity of Glycerol is 1.26, vs 1.0 for water

It depends on the specific gravity of the substance when converting a weight into a volume so it's not always a 1:1 ratio.
the specific gravity of Glycerol is 1.26, vs 1.0 for water

is glycerin found in every drugstore?

Yes in the area where the pharmacy is, in the "skin" section as it is sold as a skin protectant.
Trust me it's safe to injest orally.
I get mine at Walmart.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member