over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going off T3 before a show

Sieve

Registered
Ive been taking 50mcg t3 for about 12-13 weeks right now, I am 4 weeks before the first of a series of contests witch I will do in a row and I am allready in shape , thus no longer requiring the T3.

The problem is it takes some time after taking t3 and a diet with carbs for thyroid levels to go back up and beeing that Im still in precontest, the carbohydrate numbers are and will remain low for some time ( doing 3-4 shows in a row).

Also if I cut it out, low levels of tyroid hormones are asociated with water retention and less protein synthesis , and If I rebound hard on the low carb diet that Im following, the water retention is a no no for the shows I will do.
Also exogenus t3 makes me flat witch is bad right now as I dont need it anymore and is eating my muscles for nothing ( I use a very low dose of gear)

What do you guys sugest? Staying on a "trt" dose like 25-12,5mcg t3 / day untill I start bringing back the carbs after the shows ( like 2-3 months more) or just cuting it straight forward as I do not need it anymore.

What is your personal experience with T3?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read , answer and help.

To keep it simple, if 50mcg is the highest you have gone and that is where you are at now, I would keep it there through out the shows and start your gradual taper down after the show. I think you will regret tapering off the T3 now going into the shows.

Personally I think you started the T3 way to early and should have utilized diet and cardio to it's fullest to get the fat off and relied on the T3 for the last bit of fat the last 4-6 weeks. If you are feeling flat and are pretty lean and conditioned already, don't be afraid to increase your macros a bit as you may need more food.

In regards to the Clen, I like to remove it about 7-8 days out as it tends to cause bad cramping the last week, especially when you go into depletion mode. The last week you can switch to ECA stack if needed.

Hope that helped.

To keep it simple, if 50mcg is the highest you have gone and that is where you are at now, I would keep it there through out the shows and start your gradual taper down after the show. I think you will regret tapering off the T3 now going into the shows.

Personally I think you started the T3 way to early and should have utilized diet and cardio to it's fullest to get the fat off and relied on the T3 for the last bit of fat the last 4-6 weeks. If you are feeling flat and are pretty lean and conditioned already, don't be afraid to increase your macros a bit as you may need more food.

In regards to the Clen, I like to remove it about 7-8 days out as it tends to cause bad cramping the last week, especially when you go into depletion mode. The last week you can switch to ECA stack if needed.

Hope that helped.

I totally agree with Mike. I wouldn't come off the t3 now and definetely taper off after the show. If you abruptly stop the t3 you will probably gain a large amount of unwanted weight. And like Mike said too, I would stop the clen at least 6 days out as it might affect the way your body absorbes the carbs the last week. Now if you feel like your not lean enough the last week, you might want to run it all the way thru. Good luck.

Last edited:
I see, but can going from 50mcg to 25mcg have a negative effect on water weight?
Not completly coming off.
Thank you everyone from taking the time to answer

I see, but can going from 50mcg to 25mcg have a negative effect on water weight?
Not completly coming off.
Thank you everyone from taking the time to answer
doubtful..but go 33.3mcgs to be safe. worked great for me once 50mcgs of t-3 helped take of the fat. I filled out more and also increased fats a little around mid day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws