over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

good read about tendons.

Hmmmm!!

I'm curious as to what you guys think % wise does winstrol or letro cause more joint pain. I tore my ACL very easily while on 2.5mg of letro ed. I wonder if 50mg of winstrol Ed would be worst on the joints. If so I just may have to toss the winny completely.

I don't know if test weakens your tendons overtime, but I could assure u that winny will rape your joint like no other, I'm still suffering somewhat from elbow pain that started over 2years ago around the time i ran it. I wouldn't run it again even if it was given to me for free.

sports

I compete in a sport, and GH has helped my tendons like nothing else ever! extended my time by years, I agree winny made them horrible

**broken link removed**

Effects of sex hormones on mesangial cell proliferation and collagen synthesis. In a variety of renal diseases, males progress at a more rapid rate and have a more fulminant course than females. This gender difference may be related to the direct effects of sex hormones on the cells of the kidney. To evaluate this hypothesis, we studied the effects of estrogens and testosterone on mesangial cell proliferation and collagen synthesis. At 48 hours, estradiol at 10 nM and 100 nM had a modest proliferative effect on cultured mesangial cells, as measured by 3H thymidine incorporation into DNA and direct cell counting. This estradiol effect was fully reversed by Tamoxifen (1 M). Estradiol had no effect on cellular proliferation at 1 M concentrations, but suppressed proliferation at 10 M doses. Testosterone had a modest but statistically insignificant effect on proliferation at 10 nM and 100 nM concentrations but no effect at 1 M or 10 M. Neither estradiol nor testosterone at 10 M affected total cellular protein accumulation. Estradiol at 1 M and 10 M, markedly suppressed total collagen synthesis as measured by 3H proline incorporation, and specifically suppressed the synthesis of collagen types I and IV, as measured by immunoprecipitation and gel electrophoresis. Testosterone did not affect collagen synthesis. Estradiol also reduced the steady state message for the 2 chain of type I collagen, while testosterone had no effect. Neither estradiol nor testosterone affected the steady state message for TGF or EGF. The direct effects of estradiol on mesangial cell collagen generation may help explain the slower development of glomerulosclerosis in women and therefore the "protective" effect of female gender on the progression of renal disease.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1355132/pdf/annsurg00264-0089.pdf

Lysosomal
labilizing compounds such as vitamin A,
digitonin, testosterone and papain, stimulate
collagen synthesis and repair.5' Of these
compounds, testosterone and vitamin A
have been shown to reverse the retarding
effects of glucocorticoids on repair.2'

ScienceDirect.com - Metabolism - Collagen synthesis in postmenopausal women during therapy with anabolic steroid or female sex hormones

The effect of anabolic steroid therapy and estrogen-progestogen substitution therapy on serum concentration of procollagen type III aminoterminal peptide (PIIINP), a measure of collagensynthesis, in postmenopausal women was studied in two double-blind studies: (1) 39 women allocated to treatment with either 50 mg nandrolone decanoate as an intramuscular depot or placebo injections every third week for 1 year, and (2) 40 women allocated to receive either 2 mg 17β-estradiol plus 1 mg norethisterone acetate daily or placebo tablets for 1 year. Serum PIIINP was measured every 3 months during the study. Anabolic steroid therapy resulted in a more than 50% increase (P < .001) in serum PIIINP at 3 months, which thereafter decayed but remained significantly increased throughout the study period. Serum PIIINP showed the same pattern during estrogen-progestogen therapy, but to a lesser degree. We conclude that anabolic steroids stimulate type III collagensynthesis in postmenopausal women, while estrogen-progestogen therapy may have such an effect, but only to a lesser degree.

ScienceDirect.com - Meat Science - Sex, age and breed related changes in bovine testosterone and intramuscular collagen

The increased synthesis of collagen appears to be influenced by testosterone or some other event associated with puberty. The mechanism of this action remains unclear.

Relationships among intramuscular collagen, serum... [J Anim Sci. 1989] - PubMed - NCBI

I'm finding only things that are saying testosterone increases collagen. I haven't seen one where it's been negatively noted.

Check out USP Labs Super Cissus to help with some tendon issues. It seemed to do the trick for me.

Just wanting to bump this , hopefully people will more knowledge can help out those who have tendon problems / joint problems from lifting heavy , and using AAS. I noticed I was becoming way to strong for my tendons last cycle and it wasn't until later on in the cycle where I actually noticed this and messed up my left elbow and have to wear a sleeve for it now.

I'd be really interested in training techniques as well as supplements from people knowledgeable about this. I have heard strangely enough that LOW REP HEAVY weight will actually strengthen them but I would think this would also be bad for them while on cycle since strength/protein synthesis will increase too fast for the tendons right( so maybe use this rep range during pct/cruise) ? At the same time though I believe Louie Simmons trains in the HIGHER REP LOWER weight rep range for tendons , so it's a bit confusing .

I know theres very knowledgeable lifters/powerlifters here so hopefully they can help us out.

Why is this still posted like it's a real article? Nine years later and still not a single study presented to back up the OP's opinion that test decreases collagen synthesis, and a couple posted that refute it. Total Broscience.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws