advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Gooey" Update just got back from PreJudging..

thanx

pumpputnam said:
You look impressive. What show was this again? Any national plans?

this was just a regional state show in Iowa NPC I did, nothing big, nationals, maybe in a couple of years, needed to requalify that was a main goal for me and I have done that, but I dont feel I am ready to get on that stage yet need more time to make my back thicker, wider and more proportional, arms need to come up much, these things take time, calories, weights, and rest. Im headin to the jr nats in june to watch. But no plans on nats in the near future, gonna graduate (hopefully :p ) in may and need to figure out what to do with life first, so time to eat and be merry and have fun. u gonna be at jr's in chi town, cause ur gonna meet a cold hard wall of reality of knowing what REAL fat is like, cause I am # 1 for a reason, gooey for a reason, fat kid 4 life.
gooey :D

Congratulations and thanks

Gooey-
First let me say congratulations on your win(s) you deserved them. I was tracking your progress via the pics you posted and you came in in phenominal shape and condition. Great job, I know how hard it is!
Second, thanks for keeping us posted on your progress via your posts and pics. I have a show in three weeks and I was using you and your progress to keep me motivated, so thanks for the motivation!

Impressive

What can I say other than I was in awe of the Goo when he stepped on stage. I have had the pleasure of being a friend to this guy for 5 or so years. I have been to 3 out of 4 shows and have been fortunate to witness his progress. I don't know if I've seen him more than a dozen times since his last stage appearance; therefore, it is especially easy for me to see the changes.

I attended a larger regional show a few years back in Illinois. There was an amazing bodybuilder there that I was sure when he stepped on stage would win the overall. I believe his name was Steve Sparks (Light Heavy). Reminded me of Flex Wheeler. He showed with me at the NPC Iowa the year prior, but appeared to have added about 20 pounds. Looked amazing. Again I thought this guy was nearly impossible to beat. Some good Heavies were there as well, but no where near this guy. Then the Super Heavies. That's when my jaw dropped to the appearance of Art Atwood. Huge. No brainer decision for the overall.

This was very similar to my reaction to seeing Gooey on stage. Again I have seen him on stage before. Always looks big and pretty solid. But the Light Heavy there was awesome; there were some doubt in my mind to whether Gooey would win this show. This kid was good. Probably would have won the show in prior years. However, when Gooey got on stage it was clear that he was a bit 'out of place' and would have been more appropriately suited for Barnum and Bailey's. Can't wait to see him show at the next level when he has everything squared away. Awesome person and deserving of all the rewards of dedicating oneself to a mission. Proud of you buddy.

ur words r too kind

HerkyK9 said:
What can I say other than I was in awe of the Goo when he stepped on stage. I have had the pleasure of being a friend to this guy for 5 or so years. I have been to 3 out of 4 shows and have been fortunate to witness his progress. I don't know if I've seen him more than a dozen times since his last stage appearance; therefore, it is especially easy for me to see the changes.

I attended a larger regional show a few years back in Illinois. There was an amazing bodybuilder there that I was sure when he stepped on stage would win the overall. I believe his name was Steve Sparks (Light Heavy). Reminded me of Flex Wheeler. He showed with me at the NPC Iowa the year prior, but appeared to have added about 20 pounds. Looked amazing. Again I thought this guy was nearly impossible to beat. Some good Heavies were there as well, but no where near this guy. Then the Super Heavies. That's when my jaw dropped to the appearance of Art Atwood. Huge. No brainer decision for the overall.

This was very similar to my reaction to seeing Gooey on stage. Again I have seen him on stage before. Always looks big and pretty solid. But the Light Heavy there was awesome; there were some doubt in my mind to whether Gooey would win this show. This kid was good. Probably would have won the show in prior years. However, when Gooey got on stage it was clear that he was a bit 'out of place' and would have been more appropriately suited for Barnum and Bailey's. Can't wait to see him show at the next level when he has everything squared away. Awesome person and deserving of all the rewards of dedicating oneself to a mission. Proud of you buddy.

coming from u this means much u are prolly one of the most gifted BBers i have ever met. Beauiful physique, muscle insertions, muscle bellies, tiny waste, this guy had the prototype physique. But what made him more amazing is how damn smart this guys is. Most BBers get the "meat head" stereotype this man is gifted in intelligence, the physical aspect of BBing, and had an unmatched drive and determination that is still burning today. And overall one of the best people I have been fortunate and honored to meet. U opened the door to the world of BBing and was my first mentor, I havelearned much from u. So much of the credit I can also give to u, thanx my friend soon Ill be at your place eating and snoring/farting b4 we hit jr's betcha cant wait.
gooey

gooey said:
coming from u this means much u are prolly one of the most gifted BBers i have ever met. Beauiful physique, muscle insertions, muscle bellies, tiny waste, this guy had the prototype physique. But what made him more amazing is how damn smart this guys is. Most BBers get the "meat head" stereotype this man is gifted in intelligence, the physical aspect of BBing, and had an unmatched drive and determination that is still burning today. And overall one of the best people I have been fortunate and honored to meet. U opened the door to the world of BBing and was my first mentor, I havelearned much from u. So much of the credit I can also give to u, thanx my friend soon Ill be at your place eating and snoring/farting b4 we hit jr's betcha cant wait.
gooey

|--[\\\]>---------- The snoring parts for sure! You'd think there was a lumber yard near-by! LOL!

oh ok asian man

bigbadasian said:
|--[\\\]>---------- The snoring parts for sure! You'd think there was a lumber yard near-by! LOL!

remem last jr nats???? oh u dont cause u freakin snored the whole house up, yea u werent tired but everyone else was. Oh and the car ride home? remem backseat asian buzz saw rain forest destruction company.
gooey

Let me say this... as of now, I am fatter than both you and Vander! Period!
I want you to think about something. I was at the Jr USA's and I can honestly say that you would have been in the top three with your physique. What did you weigh in at? Height again? You have all the tools, in my opinion you are one of the most legit guys on this board. I'm glad you have your head on straight about this sport; however, you have a lot of potential and should get on national stage soon. Are you afraid of not winning? I know your reasons that you have already stated, but Gooey you are ready for some shows. I'm going on record that if you were to do the Collegiates that you would win. This puts you in front of National level judges who would then know who you are the next time you are in front of them. Plus, they remember you as a winner. The kid who won the Collegiates. It's a national title and I think you could do great! You should be able to qualify still for that. I'm just trying to impress upon you that you should use momentum and go to a lesser national show soon. This year, collegiates, next year Jr USA. This is my thought. Judges like to see you come up and not show up when you think you are ready to win the Nationals. They like to see your face. Know that if you are in front of them now they will know who you are later and will see change again. I understand where you are coming from but Gooey you would surprise your self and perhaps win or take your weight class at either of the two shows I mentioned.

Peter

Agree much

pumpputnam said:
Let me say this... as of now, I am fatter than both you and Vander! Period!
I want you to think about something. I was at the Jr USA's and I can honestly say that you would have been in the top three with your physique. What did you weigh in at? Height again? You have all the tools, in my opinion you are one of the most legit guys on this board. I'm glad you have your head on straight about this sport; however, you have a lot of potential and should get on national stage soon. Are you afraid of not winning? I know your reasons that you have already stated, but Gooey you are ready for some shows. I'm going on record that if you were to do the Collegiates that you would win. This puts you in front of National level judges who would then know who you are the next time you are in front of them. Plus, they remember you as a winner. The kid who won the Collegiates. It's a national title and I think you could do great! You should be able to qualify still for that. I'm just trying to impress upon you that you should use momentum and go to a lesser national show soon. This year, collegiates, next year Jr USA. This is my thought. Judges like to see you come up and not show up when you think you are ready to win the Nationals. They like to see your face. Know that if you are in front of them now they will know who you are later and will see change again. I understand where you are coming from but Gooey you would surprise your self and perhaps win or take your weight class at either of the two shows I mentioned.

Peter

thanx for your compliments as are u a very gifted BBer I did collegiates in 2003 and f'd my water up and got 3rd in my class in the heavies. Much about BBing is exposure, couple of the judges at this last show who were high ranked amatuer competitors stated that the only reason chris cook won nationals that year was because of the exposure and the amount of publicity he has been getting, he was on BFTO 2002 before even a pro. I want to do nats. Prolly jr nats first, but I want to put some muscle on my back and arms, and overall whole body. I weighed in at 220 dry on sat morn. and still 5'9" as far as I know. Long ago I read a tom prince thread on mayhem and he stated not to do a show until u felt that u were physically and mentally ready for that level. I want to do a show to compete, not just to place, or to be there. If I dont win a class because I dont get enough exposure well then so be it but I want to be ready for nats. and know that in my mind that I compete with the guys that are on that stage now. As for now I need to concentrate on getting my degree done with and getting a stabil income otherwise their will be no BBing. I want to be there but we gonna get ready before i get there. And if we are gonna talk about tools u need to get your ass in the nats. U looked amazing in the collegiate nats pics, so u first buddy then I'll follow :p
gooey - chubbiest for a reason

Chicago

Let's hook up in Chicago. My girl and I have already made reservations at the host hotel. I'll be suffering through it with her. Don't be dissapointed when you see a smooth, soft, fat, just coming off of goodies, "that guys a bodybuilder?" physique. I agree with what you have said, but... you'd take your class at the Jr USA and probably win the collegiates. I feel that confident. You can take a year to put on size after a show. But if your head and heart isn't there. FYI... my girl has done one show, getting ready for two more all the while studying for finals and she will be taking two mini terms throughout the summer until Aug in order to graduate. At that point she may being doing the Figure Nationals in NY Aug 5th, 6th. If she can do it so can you. She's hungry to get exposure and turn Pro. One last thing fatty, Tom Prince had a lack luster career wasting some of the best genetics God could give a man. Too bad he didn't compete more. Be hungry!!! Regardless, your time will come. I'll pm you with my number.

Later,

Peter

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311