over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

grass fed lard?

N

newbadgenes

Ive really been trying to eat clean, grass fed, etc the last year. Been seeing more advertisement on grass fed lard as being healthy and full of CLA and Omega's 3. Is this as good as it sounds or is there more to it?

U.S. Wellness Meats ? Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Enjoy the healthy benefits of CLA and omega 3's in robust quantities while cooking with grass-fed beef tallow, sometimes known as "lard." The 5 gallon, 36 pound bucket of tallow is ready for commercial or home use. Our tallow is simply rendered beef suet and is naturally pure white to light yellow in color with omega 6:3 ratios similar to fish. Not all fats are created equal and our beef tallow has plenty of CLA- "the good, natural trans fat".

It has not been bleached, deodorized, hydrogenated or altered. We love the tallow ourselves and it has many uses: •any application where lard is used for cooking or frying
•add it to vegetable dishes or ground beef for increased flavor and nutrition
•pastry chefs love the beef tallow for baking savory dishes
•make your own pemmican

•making tallow candles

•making tallow soaps
All of our beef products are 100% grass-fed and grass-finished.

Size: 36 pounds per 5 gallon bucket

**broken link removed**

Yes tallow is a phenomenal fat to use for cooking. Plenty of health benefits, as you can see.

Just to clarify though, "lard" refers to fat derived from pork. Fat from beef will either be suet, or if it's rendered, tallow.

thanks for the info. Yes I read lard is pork and tallow is beef. Figured since its kind of new the def lard would get more attention lol.

So do you use it to cook in? pretty much if you were to coat something with say coconut flour and then fry it in tallow it would be healthy?

Goal is to stay as lean as possible, keep lipids in check and be healthy. Hitting 45 this year and have a different out look on and health and not just appearance.

Yes tallow is a phenomenal fat to use for cooking. Plenty of health benefits, as you can see.

Just to clarify though, "lard" refers to fat derived from pork. Fat from beef will either be suet, or if it's rendered, tallow.

thanks for the info. Yes I read lard is pork and tallow is beef. Figured since its kind of new the def lard would get more attention lol.

So do you use it to cook in? pretty much if you were to coat something with say coconut flour and then fry it in tallow it would be healthy?

Goal is to stay as lean as possible, keep lipids in check and be healthy. Hitting 45 this year and have a different out look on and health and not just appearance.

I only cook with saturated fats, no oils. So yes, I use tallow, lard, duck fat, and schmatlz mostly.

If I am going to fry something I do it pretty much just like you said. Egg wash, coconut flour (or tapioca starch, arrowroot starch, potato starch, etc) and fry it in tallow, lard, duck fat etc. There's really nothing wrong with any of that.

awww man how did you do that???

I knew you were gonna chime in.didnt think it would be that fast:)

lol. We must have been typing our replies at the same time, hahaha.

thanks for the help, ill look into it more. Right now I cook with coconut oil or grassfed butter. Sometimes grapeseed oil.

Looks cool to try since it so high in CLA. Eat fried food and get lean, wouldn't that be nice lol.

So if trying to stay shredded? I usually taper carbs between 3 days. About 300 leg day, 200 the next and under 100 the next and start over. I eat the carbs around my training and usual quino or brown rice pasta. The rest of the day I eat more fats to stay full.

so what im asking is it ok to eat grass fed butter, grass fed cheese or grass fed tallo and stay lean?

The grass fed cheese, I only eat a little bit. I have this habit of waking up in the middle of the night and craving carbs!!!! so usually a little bit of grass fed cheese satisfies me and go back to sleep.

I only cook with saturated fats, no oils. So yes, I use tallow, lard, duck fat, and schmatlz mostly.

If I am going to fry something I do it pretty much just like you said. Egg wash, coconut flour (or tapioca starch, arrowroot starch, potato starch, etc) and fry it in tallow, lard, duck fat etc. There's really nothing wrong with any of that.

thanks for the help, ill look into it more. Right now I cook with coconut oil or grassfed butter. Sometimes grapeseed oil.

Looks cool to try since it so high in CLA. Eat fried food and get lean, wouldn't that be nice lol.

So if trying to stay shredded? I usually taper carbs between 3 days. About 300 leg day, 200 the next and under 100 the next and start over. I eat the carbs around my training and usual quino or brown rice pasta. The rest of the day I eat more fats to stay full.

so what im asking is it ok to eat grass fed butter, grass fed cheese or grass fed tallo and stay lean?

The grass fed cheese, I only eat a little bit. I have this habit of waking up in the middle of the night and craving carbs!!!! so usually a little bit of grass fed cheese satisfies me and go back to sleep.

Definitely. I stay lean eating tons of fat, a lot of which is grass fed dairy in some form.

one more,

does it need to be refrigerated? it comes in a huge tub. If it did I guess you could break it down in smaller jars.

Im looking forward to trying it. Will be nice to try some coconut flour coated chicken a little fried. I have ulcerative colitis and cant eat wheat or gluten. So it would be nice to eat something that taste normal.

one more,

does it need to be refrigerated? it comes in a huge tub. If it did I guess you could break it down in smaller jars.

Im looking forward to trying it. Will be nice to try some coconut flour coated chicken a little fried. I have ulcerative colitis and cant eat wheat or gluten. So it would be nice to eat something that taste normal.

I am gluten-free as well so I understand :)

What we do is break it down into pint sized mason jars. We keep one at room temperature on the counter to cook with and keep the others refrigerated until needed.

Although I'm a very high carb pretty low fat guy this agree with 100%. I'd never cook in an oil. I grill my stuff anyway or dice my chicken and either boil it or cook in its own fat. I've heard coconut oil is good to cook in aswell and that I belive is a saturated fat. I get anoyed at the adverts on the radio advertising vegetable oils and boasting that there 40% lower in satuated fat than whatever else is out there. .I'm not anti fat at all btw, I tell people not to eat like I do and eat there good fats and the satiated fat isnt bad. I get asked a lot these days for diet advice as I'm doing real well with my lean growing. I don't like telling people I eat over 5000 calories and that rice krisbies and french sticks are the backbone of my diet lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

hahaha, I tell people big macs and pushups.

Ive been reading on it. A lot of people are saying the smell when cooking it is terrible, is that true?

im gonna order some and try it. I found a site that sells grass fed in 1.7 lbs for $11

hahaha, I tell people big macs and pushups.

Ive been reading on it. A lot of people are saying the smell when cooking it is terrible, is that true?

im gonna order some and try it. I found a site that sells grass fed in 1.7 lbs for $11

It doesn't smell terrible to me at all. It smells like animal fat, I don't really know what else to compare it to. But if you stuck a jar of schmatlz, lard, tallow and duck fat all beside each other, they only smell slightly different. Just enough to tell them apart. They all really smell very similar.

Try it out and let us know how you like it. I think you'll be pleased.

FYI, US Wellness Meats also sells a smaller jar of tallow, you don't have to get the 5-gallon pail. And I know first hand that their products are all top notch.

thanks, ill use wellness meats. Ive used them before and very pleased. Ill post when I give it a try

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws