over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fedor vs rampage tonight! Anybody care?

• Thread starter Deleted member 121863
  • Start date
any guesses whey fedor has always been so soft and unimpressive physically? muscle is countrproductive to mma? the extra fat/weight helps him? he just doesn't care to be in shape? genetics? a combination? great fighter no doubt, not trying to knock him, just curious. his lack of "look" has never held him but but usually these guys are a little more muscular ripped then him.

It works for him. Have to stay fat and drunk for those cold winters.

It works for him. Have to stay fat and drunk for those cold winters.
Rampage is from Memphis. I am from Chicago where the winters get much colder. If I ever get that fat, and let myself go the way he has, someone please kidnap me, take me someplace warm and make me diet and workout until I look much better. Then make me write on a blackboard 1000 times " I will never let myself become a big fatass ever again. "

Rampage is from Memphis. I am from Chicago where the winters get much colder. If I ever get that fat, and let myself go the way he has, someone please kidnap me, take me someplace warm and make me diet and workout until I look much better. Then make me write on a blackboard 1000 times " I will never let myself become a big fatass ever again. "

lol. Talking about Fedor never really being in shape from post 21 above mine :)

lol. Talking about Fedor never really being in shape from post 21 above mine :)
Ahhhh....my bad. It gets as cold in Chicago as it does where Fedor lives in Russia, and my body fat is alot lower than his too. So I got that going for me....I actually don't think Fedor drinks alcohol. I heard he is a devout Christian.

any guesses whey fedor has always been so soft and unimpressive physically? muscle is countrproductive to mma? the extra fat/weight helps him? he just doesn't care to be in shape? genetics? a combination? great fighter no doubt, not trying to knock him, just curious. his lack of "look" has never held him but but usually these guys are a little more muscular ripped then him.

It really depends what you mean by unimpressive physically.... As in the way he looks? Well, I agree he doesn’t have a beach body but what about the way he looks beating the fuck out of people? Lol he’s got some matches where he went up against those muscular/ripped guys and ran right through them..

As far as being in shape, it takes a lot of work to get in shape for MMA.. He’s probably in better shape as you saw him in that fight than anyone on this board... Lol I thought I was in good shape because I would run 5 miles regularly and lifted some decent weight, even kettlebells regularly etc...

I had to laugh at myself once I started grappling with some advanced guys (nevermind high level/ADCC level guys) because ONE 3-5 minute round of grappling them and it was worse than any sprints or any kettlebell/CrossFit etc workout I’ve ever done in my life in terms of cardio and strength... You don’t know strength until you grapple with some of these guys... I weigh 180lbs and the 135lb guys were tossing me around EFFORTLESSLY (forget about the 200lb+ guys), mind you, Im also putting my strength and fighting against them, I’ve never felt so helpless in my life...

I definitely agree, muscle IMO actually hinders performance. I would never bet on a bodybuilder in a fight to beat a fat or even skinny guy lol. Just surprised that someone who does a sport that requires endurance and he probably trains a ton, that his body fat is so height and he lacks muscle tone. I guess just genetics?

any guesses whey fedor has always been so soft and unimpressive physically? muscle is counterproductive to mma? the extra fat/weight helps him? he just doesn't care to be in shape? genetics? a combination? great fighter no doubt, not trying to knock him, just curious. his lack of "look" has never held him but but usually these guys are a little more muscular ripped then him.

How about he does not care AND it does not impact his performance so why change? To impress some dudes? It`s a fight, not body building. He has plenty of money but quality protein in Russia is no where near as abundant or cheap as it is in USA. There staple diet is potato every way possible, and vegetables. When I was there my wife`s grandma (also in small village) served us beef liver with boiled potato and carrots. She still in her 80`s has a garden that she harvests and jars things for the winter. Beets, cucumber, lots of dill. So, the traditional Russian diet is carb heavy protein low. He might drink, but is def a devout orthodox.

While excess muscle needs extra oxygen to work, endurance has ZERO to do with how your body looks physically. Instead it depends on genetic VO2 and how well you have developed enzymes to carry on specific energy systems. In the world of VO2 max (endurance) you can take a freak that never trains and they could have the same VO2 max (or better) vs you that trains all the time.

Wow thats the first time ive seen it. I agree with everyone that said look has nothing to do with fighting. I would be on a skinny guy or a guy a little soft over a bodybuilder because IMO most muscular guys are not flexible and can't fight. But seeing these 2, its almost a meme lol. You would think it gives a bad look to have 2 old borderline obese guys fighting looking like this. I think both men would benefit from being in better shape, it looks like they took 2 soccer dads out of the stands and there them In the ring. And the performance sucks too, I bet kabib at 150 would destroy either of them.

Wow thats the first time ive seen it. I agree with everyone that said look has nothing to do with fighting. I would be on a skinny guy or a guy a little soft over a bodybuilder because IMO most muscular guys are not flexible and can't fight. But seeing these 2, its almost a meme lol. You would think it gives a bad look to have 2 old borderline obese guys fighting looking like this. I think both men would benefit from being in better shape, it looks like they took 2 soccer dads out of the stands and there them In the ring. And the performance sucks too, I bet kabib at 150 would destroy either of them.
My money would be on Khabib. The guy not only has never lost a fight, he has never lost a round in the UFC. Pretty damn impressive.

Im a big fan of kabib, seems humble too. Would love to see him and mcgregor go at it again.

Well keep in mind Fedor is 44 years old now, he’s always had a bit of a belly but he looked more muscular in his earlier days, not shredded but he was definitely carrying more muscle... And comparing a 44 year old Fedor to a 31 year old, in his prime Khabib is kind of a crap shoot, yea Fedor might not do so well now after 20+ years in the sport professionally but put a prime Fedor against Khabib and I’d bet my last $1,000 Khabib gets eaten alive... There’s just no comparison when a guy is 80lbs heavier than you, taller than you and can do everything you do and possibly better.. Keep in mind, Fedor is a multiple time world champion in Sambo/wrestling (the same thing Khabib comes from), he has beaten some of the best strikers in the world as well (a prime Mirko Cro Cop being one of them), he went undefeated for over 10 years and his only loss in the beginning of his career was because of a doctor stoppage over a cut, he didn’t technically lose.. He had a record of 31-1 if you count that loss before he lost anything... The guy is a beast and a legend in the sport.. But no one beats Father Time lol.. Buuuuut, he still makes a fat paycheck for showing up...

Im a big fan of kabib, seems humble too. Would love to see him and mcgregor go at it again.

For what? To see Conor get embarrassed again? Lol 10/10 it’s the same result.. I think Ferguson might be the best opponent he’s faced sense Tony can not only strike but he can wrestle and he can actually fight/attack from bottom positions..

As for Conor, they’re babying him like always, putting him up against a rundown, leaving his prime, borderline CTE Cowboy is a joke.. And saying he gets a title shot if he wins is even more insulting... Gaethje just starched Cowboy and doesn’t get a title shot and he’s 21-2 with 18 damn knockouts! It was supposed to be between him and Cowboy vs Conor but they obviously picked Cowboy to fluff the baby’s career because another loss would make him irrelevant ever again in the sport.. So they go with the easier guy, Gaethje would stand up with Conor all day, has more power and is better on the ground by far..

I agree, I just want to see Connor and Kabib from the drama perspective, entertainment, they hate each other lol. I wish they would let the lighter guys fight the bigger guys, just to see if one of the smaller guys (150 vs 200) could knock them off. Surprised it hasn't happened, considering the UFC and im guessing the other organizations are all about $$.

I agree, I just want to see Connor and Kabib from the drama perspective, entertainment, they hate each other lol. I wish they would let the lighter guys fight the bigger guys, just to see if one of the smaller guys (150 vs 200) could knock them off. Surprised it hasn't happened, considering the UFC and im guessing the other organizations are all about $$.

I agree there, the entertainment is definitely there and I don’t mind seeing Conor get embarrassed again, but in my opinion he needs more than a win over Cowboy.. Khabib is just another animal all together.. Conor does a lot of this for entertainment and selling the fight and to get in a guy’s head but Khabib doesn’t play that shit, he said a lot of personal things...

As far as letting smaller guys go against bigger guys, i get where you can see that because we easily know a guy who trains to fight and weighs 150lbs can easily beat the shit out of a guy 200+lbs who doesn’t or who isn’t on the same level.. But at the UFC level, it’s just not fair... These guys are totally different animals.. Can you imagine Jon Jones, who weighs in at 205lbs against Khabib or Usman? Jones would literally toy with them.. He’s 6’4-6’5 and has all the skill they posses only with more power and more effective tools.. UFC did used to have no weight classes though in the beginning when it first started and they had like a 15 min time limit instead of 3/5min rounds etc..

I would think the smaller guys would have a chance, not sure exactly how much of an advantage the size is to be honest. Is there any history of this happening in boxing or mma? Where they did let a top guy at 150, fight a top guy who is 200? In theory we would expect the bigger guy to beat him due to the size advantage but id be interesting in know if what we expect to happen would actually happen?

The only thing I could compare, in the NFL there are 230lb pass rushers than can beat the crap out of 320lb tackles and blow by them and kill the QB. But not sure how that compares to MMA, although it does shoe a skilled smaller guy can defeat a much larger guy if he is quicker and more technically sound (with his pass rush technique).

I would think the smaller guys would have a chance, not sure exactly how much of an advantage the size is to be honest. Is there any history of this happening in boxing or mma? Where they did let a top guy at 150, fight a top guy who is 200? In theory we would expect the bigger guy to beat him due to the size advantage but id be interesting in know if what we expect to happen would actually happen?

The only thing I could compare, in the NFL there are 230lb pass rushers than can beat the crap out of 320lb tackles and blow by them and kill the QB. But not sure how that compares to MMA, although it does shoe a skilled smaller guy can defeat a much larger guy if he is quicker and more technically sound (with his pass rush technique).

MMA is a whole different animal bro... Yes, NFL guys are more athletic in terms of running and drills and agility but you can’t really compare to MMA.

Look up old fights in the UFC, there are plenty of them where guys like Royce Gracie weighing 170lbs beats guys over 200lbs, they had no weight classes...

But look at any guys who’ve been around the sport since the beginning, the guys from those eras wouldn’t stand a chance in today’s era and a lot of them say so themselves, the competition has gotten so large it’s crazy..

And I urge you if you think a 150lbs guy can take a 200lb guy with the same skills (in MMA) to go to an MMA gym in your area and just watch them, run some drills with them and you’ll see... Yes, in BJJ there are guys like Geo Martinez who beat a guy 80lbs heavier than him in BJJ with BJJ rules (no strikes obviously) but MMA is a different beast..

Jon Jones would destroy them, he’s world class in wrestling, world class in BJJ and world class in striking.. Hes got it all.. There is zero chance of a guy like Khabib being able to beat him in MMA... Sorry but it’s just the truth even though it’s nice to fantasize about..

In MMA it’s not like the NFL where you can be faster or more explosive and that’s it... These guys pretty much do the same things, if you strike, if you do BJJ or if you wrestle etc it’s a lot of the same drills.. Whatever Khabib is doing so is Jon Jones..

Let’s do a little analytics on this;

Khabib is 5’8 and Jon Jones is 6’4 (some say he’s even taller, Schaub Is 6’4 and Jones is taller than him when they’re next to each other)..

Khabib weighs in at 155lbs but hydrates back up to around 170-175lbs, Jones weighs in at 205lbs and hydrates back up to around 220-225lbs..

Khabib reach = 70” , Jon Jones reach = 85”

Khabib is world class wrestler, Jon Jones is world class wrestler and BJJ with submission wins over other world class BJJ champions..

Khabib has good striking (not world class, he wouldn’t go far in Kickboxing or Muay Thai but he can definitely defend himself in MMA).. Jon Jones has world class striking and notable wins with KO against top level guys and trains with some of the best Kickboxers/Muay Thai on the planet...

Khabib has amazing cardio, Jones has amazing cardio...

Jones is a lot stronger/more power than Khabib..

So tell me, where do you see room for Khabib to be able to win?? It wouldn’t even be a competition... Jones would eat him alive..

For what? To see Conor get embarrassed again? Lol 10/10 it’s the same result.. I think Ferguson might be the best opponent he’s faced sense Tony can not only strike but he can wrestle and he can actually fight/attack from bottom positions..

As for Conor, they’re babying him like always, putting him up against a rundown, leaving his prime, borderline CTE Cowboy is a joke.. And saying he gets a title shot if he wins is even more insulting... Gaethje just starched Cowboy and doesn’t get a title shot and he’s 21-2 with 18 damn knockouts! It was supposed to be between him and Cowboy vs Conor but they obviously picked Cowboy to fluff the baby’s career because another loss would make him irrelevant ever again in the sport.. So they go with the easier guy, Gaethje would stand up with Conor all day, has more power and is better on the ground by far..

Dana should have made Gaethje vs McGregor, which is a great fight, but that fight is too dangerous for the UFC and the money they hope to make with future McGregor. Conor really want Masvidal at 170lbs. Dana is against. He always has Conor fight at 170lbs when there's a good chance he'll lose a fight. It keeps his 155lb record looking good.

That's what the early UFC fights were. There were no weight classes back then. Names were drawn for the tournament and you fought who you fought. Keith Hackney fought Emmanuel Yarborough at UFC 3, Sept 9, 1994. Hackney is 5'11" and weighed 200lbs. Yarborough is 6'8" and weighed 600lbs. Hackney KO'd him in the first round.

It would never happen today. No state athletic commissions would sanction it. Back then it was style vs style. Today the fighters are well rounded and much more dangerous. A 70 to 100lb+ weight difference between fighters could have catastrophic consequences.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear