over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growth Hormone Loading Prior To Competition

Mr_Squirrel

Newbies
Hey guys. Does anyone have any experience with growth hormone loading leading into a show? The concept here is to inject a very large dose of GH shortly before competition in order to achieve additional fullness without adding a bunch of subcutaneous water retention.

In fact, Andrew Berry briefly discusses the concept on a TBB podcast, where he and John Meadows regularly employed this approach for Andrew's shows. Unfortunately he didn't go into the exact details of the protocol, which is what I'm most interested in and why I'm reaching out here. If anyone has any additional insight, or can point me to more resources on the topic, that would be greatly appreciated. Video here with timestamp:
(3 minute discussion)

Here's my particular predicament.

I am currently 9 days out from a classic physique show. I have been running ~5iu gh per day for about 6 months, and the benefits have been undeniable. Much greater fat loss. Much greater fullness, even despite carbs plummeting. Much greater sleep quality. Everything. Unfortunately, it adds JUST ENOUGH subcutaneous water retention to noticably distort muscle definition, specifically in my chest and midsection. So when i got to the 14 day out mark, i pulled it entirely. It's now had 5 full days to clear, and i've dropped almost 6 pounds in the process. I'm noticably more crisp and aesthetic, but the fullness has diminished substantially

I would LOVE to get a little bit of that fullness back, but without the subQ water retention as well obviously. So if anyone has tried this approach with success, i would greatly appreciate hearing the details

This is my tentative thought before hearing from you guys:

1. Drop GH 14 days out
2. 1 day out, Inject 15-20 iu IM at night right AFTER water is pulled
3. Morning of show day, inject another 10iu if still really flat and NOT HOLDING ANY WATER

I'm not sure if the use of a diuretic will have any implications on this protocol. I'd imagine it would, but the current plan is to avoid taking a diuretic at all unless absolutely necessary

Here are some of my stats for further info:

Height: 6' 2.5"
Weight (This morning): 217 lb fasted
Weight (Just before stopping GH 5 days ago): 222.4 lb fasted
BF%: Essentially contest ready (realistically 5.5-6.5%)

Look forward to hearing from y'all

Obligatory: Long time lurker, first time poster

Hey guys. Does anyone have any experience with growth hormone loading leading into a show? The concept here is to inject a very large dose of GH shortly before competition in order to achieve additional fullness without adding a bunch of subcutaneous water retention.

In fact, Andrew Berry briefly discusses the concept on a TBB podcast, where he and John Meadows regularly employed this approach for Andrew's shows. Unfortunately he didn't go into the exact details of the protocol, which is what I'm most interested in and why I'm reaching out here. If anyone has any additional insight, or can point me to more resources on the topic, that would be greatly appreciated. Video here with timestamp:
(3 minute discussion)

Here's my particular predicament.

I am currently 9 days out from a classic physique show. I have been running ~5iu gh per day for about 6 months, and the benefits have been undeniable. Much greater fat loss. Much greater fullness, even despite carbs plummeting. Much greater sleep quality. Everything. Unfortunately, it adds JUST ENOUGH subcutaneous water retention to noticably distort muscle definition, specifically in my chest and midsection. So when i got to the 14 day out mark, i pulled it entirely. It's now had 5 full days to clear, and i've dropped almost 6 pounds in the process. I'm noticably more crisp and aesthetic, but the fullness has diminished substantially

I would LOVE to get a little bit of that fullness back, but without the subQ water retention as well obviously. So if anyone has tried this approach with success, i would greatly appreciate hearing the details

This is my tentative thought before hearing from you guys:

1. Drop GH 14 days out
2. 1 day out, Inject 15-20 iu IM at night right AFTER water is pulled
3. Morning of show day, inject another 10iu if still really flat and NOT HOLDING ANY WATER

I'm not sure if the use of a diuretic will have any implications on this protocol. I'd imagine it would, but the current plan is to avoid taking a diuretic at all unless absolutely necessary

Here are some of my stats for further info:

Height: 6' 2.5"
Weight (This morning): 217 lb fasted
Weight (Just before stopping GH 5 days ago): 222.4 lb fasted
BF%: Essentially contest ready (realistically 5.5-6.5%)

Look forward to hearing from y'all

Obligatory: Long time lurker, first time poster
Welcome to PM. Great first post actually and interesting topic. I’ve personally never loaded HGH and not sure I would. Insulin… sure.

But I’ll ask the obvious question- are you not using diuretics for your show? This would take care of the water weight IMO from the HGH.

A low dose aldactone 5-7 days out perhaps? No experience really but someone here said it worked great for gh bloat.

Welcome to PM. Great first post actually and interesting topic. I’ve personally never loaded HGH and not sure I would. Insulin… sure.

But I’ll ask the obvious question- are you not using diuretics for your show? This would take care of the water weight IMO from the HGH.
Thank you!

Correct, I don't plan on using any diuretics at all if i can help it. I don't seem to respond to them very well. The two times i've tried diuretics (once with lasix, once with hctz) i had HORRIBLE cramping episodes. Like to the point of not being able to stand. If that happened on stage, it'd be over for me. That thought alone is terrifying

I haven't tried a potassium sparing diuretic yet, so that could be an option potentially. If i am absolutely spilled the fuck over come show day, then yeah, i'd probably use some Dyazide/triamterene or something. But still, i really don't like the idea of having to rely on a diuretic. Way too much can go wrong

Older thread I read through just recently that @b-boy made that touches on it to a degree, obviously context and individual response dependent but you may find something interesting here.

Also someone correct me if wrong but didn’t JM discuss it at some point as well?
This is gold! Thank you! Seems like the consensus is pretty clear...

Also someone correct me if wrong but didn’t JM discuss it at some point as well?
If anyone can find this, please let me know!

A low dose aldactone 5-7 days out perhaps? No experience really but someone here said it worked great for gh bloat.
I have very little experience as well. And aldactone seems to be one of the more controversial diuretics. I'd prefer not to experiment with it on my own

I don’t compete but I have a lot of experience with various doses of GH. If I was stepping on stage I would prob drop the GH around 7 days out. I’ve never taken Lasix or Aldactone with GH but I have messed with other OTC diuretics and they didn’t do shit. My thought is because the water retention isn’t like edema - it’s intracelluar. Seems like the only way to truly drop that water is to stop the GH completely.

Thank you!

Correct, I don't plan on using any diuretics at all if i can help it. I don't seem to respond to them very well. The two times i've tried diuretics (once with lasix, once with hctz) i had HORRIBLE cramping episodes. Like to the point of not being able to stand. If that happened on stage, it'd be over for me. That thought alone is terrifying

I haven't tried a potassium sparing diuretic yet, so that could be an option potentially. If i am absolutely spilled the fuck over come show day, then yeah, i'd probably use some Dyazide/triamterene or something. But still, i really don't like the idea of having to rely on a diuretic. Way too much can go wrong
Always best to use as few and little as possible.

If you can get away with asparagus/cucumbers great. Some who need more will use alcohol (I personally don’t). Then there’s dyazide and if needed aldactone done correctly. I would never touch lasix personally. Or use any diuretic without taking a mineral supplement 7 days out from the show.

I’ve ran HGH through a show and dropped it 1-2 weeks out. Def was fuller with it (was using Geno’s). I hold little water on Geno’s and Seros.

I think this is the greatest advantage of being ready 2-3 weeks out as you can test these factors and adjust before you get on stage.

I believe anyone gets in trouble by trying to make drastic changes at the last minute. I don’t have the balls to do what Phil did. 😂

Remember you can always use some anadrol or superdrol to fill out as well with less risk of holding so much water.

I've done it but don't have enough experience with it to shed much light.

What I will mention, I don't think you need 15-20iu that seems excessive. I've heard people talk about it but no one did more than a vial. Also, I'm not sure I see the reasoning to do it without insulin.

Personally, unless I had someone in my corner who was experienced with this, I wouldn't do it.

for me, it would be interested if you are taking generics or pharma.
For me, there is a huge difference between generics and humatrope/genotropin/jintropin regarding water retention and fullness.
the pharma brands for me give me better fullness and less subq water retention/Bloat.
i use generics due to the price difference as long as my appearance doesnt matter and switch to the above mentioned pharma brands if i care about it

That's something most the guys used/tried back in the day. Very mild effect. They prescribe these for I think acne and some female problems, for months and months. One of the top coaches was said to give it to some girls a month out or more.
If I wanted try it I wouldd do a trial run of it, just to get a feel for what it does a couple weeks out. Then start it at least 5-7 days out. Some complain of it being harder to carb load due to it's mechnism of action. More salt and more insulin lol.

Any experienced aldactone users here?

I don’t compete but I have a lot of experience with various doses of GH. If I was stepping on stage I would prob drop the GH around 7 days out. I’ve never taken Lasix or Aldactone with GH but I have messed with other OTC diuretics and they didn’t do shit. My thought is because the water retention isn’t like edema - it’s intracelluar. Seems like the only way to truly drop that water is to stop the GH completely.
Totally agree. I decided to play it extra safe and drop it 14 days out. Been losing over a pound a day for the last 5 days without any diet change, so it was definitely the right call

Always best to use as few and little as possible.

If you can get away with asparagus/cucumbers great. Some who need more will use alcohol (I personally don’t). Then there’s dyazide and if needed aldactone done correctly. I would never touch lasix personally. Or use any diuretic without taking a mineral supplement 7 days out from the show.

I’ve ran HGH through a show and dropped it 1-2 weeks out. Def was fuller with it (was using Geno’s). I hold little water on Geno’s and Seros.

I think this is the greatest advantage of being ready 2-3 weeks out as you can test these factors and adjust before you get on stage.

I believe anyone gets in trouble by trying to make drastic changes at the last minute. I don’t have the balls to do what Phil did. 😂

Remember you can always use some anadrol or superdrol to fill out as well with less risk of holding so much water.
You're absolutely right, i fucked up by not testing this 2-3 weeks out :( Live and learn. After just now reading about what happened to Phil, i'm much more inclined to call off the gh loading all together

I do like the superdrol idea though! How many days out would you start that? Can't be long, my liver is already very unhappy lol

I've done it but don't have enough experience with it to shed much light.

What I will mention, I don't think you need 15-20iu that seems excessive. I've heard people talk about it but no one did more than a vial. Also, I'm not sure I see the reasoning to do it without insulin.

Personally, unless I had someone in my corner who was experienced with this, I wouldn't do it.
Yeah you're definitely right. I'm probably going to call this off unless some expert here miraculously comes out of nowhere.

But just out of curiosity, could you tell me if the results were positive and wether or not you'd consider trying it again? Thanks

for me, it would be interested if you are taking generics or pharma.
For me, there is a huge difference between generics and humatrope/genotropin/jintropin regarding water retention and fullness.
the pharma brands for me give me better fullness and less subq water retention/Bloat.
i use generics due to the price difference as long as my appearance doesnt matter and switch to the above mentioned pharma brands if i care about it
I am taking generics. But they are HPLC tested at 97% purity with 0 dimer, which is about the purest generic GH i've ever seen. But i'm sure that, ultimately, there's no beating pharma grade GH. If i had planned this in advance, i would have had no problem dropping high dollars on a single pharma gh kit. Again, live and learn :(

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws