mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys help me out, did I order the wrong VitD ?

hompie

Registered
Today I got my vit D3 from Swanson.
Normally I buy the carlsson vit gelcaps.
These are powdercapsules.
They are cholecalciferol though but no gelcaps.
Did I fuck up?

Why not usecod liver oil.

Because among other things I ordered these.
Normally I buy the gelcaps from evitamins but I live in Holland and while ordering from Swanson I thought I would get these in 1 big order.
Anyway are they useless?

I buy a supp of calcium/vit D3 at the pharmacy regularly, no script required (fortunately! :eek: ) but the same brands doctors prescribe however. These are tabs (which means powders in a solid form) you have to crunch. You can find them made by about every main pharmaceutical laboratory.

So no worries, what you bought is good to go, hompie! :)

I buy a supp of calcium/vit D3 at the pharmacy regularly, no script required (fortunately! :eek: ) but the same brands doctors prescribe however. These are tabs (which means powders in a solid form) you have to crunch. You can find them made by about every main pharmaceutical laboratory.

So no worries, what you bought is good to go, hompie! :)

Thanks, I'll eat them up and next time buy oilbased again ;)

I know this thread , Massive says tablets are useless.
But mine are powder in caps.
Once again I ask are they ok or not?

Again like no flush niacin not working-from what I have read-I have also read that Vitamin D, E,and A are poorly absorbed from tablets and or multi-vitamin minerals as well.

The only way to find out is to check blood levels of Vitamin D after supplementation for some tie.

Again like no flush niacin not working-from what I have read-I have also read that Vitamin D, E,and A are poorly absorbed from tablets

If it does not work the way it should, then why is it that ALL major laboratories (Procter & Gamble, Merck, Astra Zeneca, Sanofi, you name it...) manufacture tablets ONLY, and those tabs are prescribed by docs all around the world for osteoporosis? :confused:

Are all our elderly people massively scammed? :eek:

Cause even if it costs much more to produce, if there was a significant difference in results I guess you would see way more labs selling the oil based vit d, no?

Or isn't there really enough $$$ to be made off of such a version, more potent? Well... I guess in this world health will never be as important as money. :cool:

If it does not work the way it should, then why is it that ALL major laboratories (Procter & Gamble, Merck, Astra Zeneca, Sanofi, you name it...) manufacture tablets ONLY, and those tabs are prescribed by docs all around the world for osteoporosis? :confused:

Are all our elderly people massively scammed? :eek:

Cause even if it costs much more to produce, if there was a significant difference in results I guess you would see way more labs selling the oil based vit d, no?

Or isn't there really enough $$$ to be made off of such a version, more potent? Well... I guess in this world health will never be as important as money. :cool:

We are talking 2 different things here I am referring to Vitamin D being poorly absorbed from calcium and multi-vitamin tablets, the only form of pharmaceutical grade vitamin D in the US is D2 as Phil mentioned in his post.
As this statement by Dr. William H Davis who has tons of clinical experience with it says
"(I did not reprint his conversation about "any form of vitamin D" being acceptable. My experience differs: In nearly 1000 patients who have taken vitamin D supplements, my experience is that most tablet forms are inconsistently absorbed, sometimes not absorbed at all. I therefore advocate only use of gelcaps or liquids. I'm told by members of Track Your Plaque, however, that they are witnessing reliable increases in blood levels of vitamin D by taking the powdered form of Bio Tech Pharmacal's product.)"

here's more-for those using cod liver oil to get their VD it may not be the best way-
" The first thing to do is stop all vitamin A, multivitamins containing vitamin A, or cod liver oil and start vitamin D. Vitamin A antagonizes the action of vitamin D and he should have plenty of vitamin A if he eats colorful vegetables. I think the easiest way to give vitamin D is powdered capsules, not a cream. You can open the capsule and put the powder in about anything, such as juice. To buy the capsules, go to Bio Tech Pharmacal and buy both a bottle of the 5,000 and the 1,000 IU capsules. He should take one 5,000 IU capsulea day for two weeks then take 2,000 IU per day. After a month, go to the doctor and have another 25-hydroxy-vitamin D blood test. Do not let your doctor order a 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D as it will give you and your doctor false information about your son's vitamin D status.The other option is buying a Sperti vitamin D light. Daily use of the light on both sides of his trunk will raise levels fairly quickly but you should still have a 25(OH)D blood test every month to assure his levels rise to the upper level of the normal range, about 70 ng/ml. Vitamin D is very safe. Your son would have to take more than 10,000 IU a day for more than a year to have any risk of toxicity. If he improves and his level is 50 ng/ml, the next question is would he improve even more if his level was 70 ng/ml? Some lifeguards have levels of 80-100 ng/ml; normal ranges in the labs in the USA are 30 -100 ng/ml (They should be 50 -100 ng/ml.) If you have any more questions, let me know. I certainly want to know how he is doing."

I am going to try these out next time I order-
**broken link removed**

One reason tablets may be poorly absorbed is because those vitamins, D, A, and E, are soluble in fat. If they are already in a oil-base such as a gelcap, they should be far more easily absorbed since the gut doesn't have to break down all the fillers of a tablet, and some people don't break down tablet fillers very well.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear