over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HAHA check out what my doc had to say to me

Jman9229

Registered
This is going to be a long post, but trust me, it will be interesting. ;)

Alright so little back tracking here..Got my test levels checked in august, didn't get the results until November. Total was 360, free was 70. Didn't tamper with them at all. got them checked around afternoon after I was up for a few hrs already and ate a couple times. i'm turning 22 next month.

Okay so here's where it gets interesting, they said my levels were normal, but the doc didn't really know much about hrt and what not. So, I went in for an appointment today to talk about getting them done again, but with more panels.

I am active duty, so I saw a military doctor. First thing he says is:
DOC- I'm not doing blood work on you because you already got them done and your results came back normal
ME- so youre saying 360 is normal
DOC- yes
ME- I did quite a bit of research and it says 360 is low, especially for someone my age
DOC- oh so you have a medical degree?
ME- no
DOC- why do you think they were low
ME- the ranges given are 200-1000, and that is for all ages. i'm 21, mine should be high.
DOC- your levels change throughout the day and have other factors like nutrition. (guy must not have realized the time of day I took them and I had eaten twice that day). so you think you have a problem because you cant get bigger. (I never said anything to him about what my goals were or if I was even trying to get bigger)
ME- ya, but there's other signs
DOC- what signs
ME -I feel lethargic
DOC- so you have a PRP issue(prp is a program I'm where you basically get evaluated all the time on your reliability, because I work with nukes) Then asked what I thought lethargic was?
ME- I feel lazy, tired, and don't feel like doing anything, that's what I think beig lethargic is
DOC- No, being lethargic is like a baby who just lays there with its eyes open and cant do anything. So you get home from work and are too tired to do anything
ME- no, this is on my days off as well
DOC- so I should send you to mental health to get evaluated because youre depressed.
ME- no I don't have a problem with work or anything, and i'm not depressed. I also don't get morning wood, and my libido is low.
DOC- morning wood doesn't mean you have low test
ME- Yes but it can be a symptom, how do you know its not if you don't test it?
DOC- How do I know you don't have a brain tumor unless I test for that?
ME- you don't
DOC- whats your caloric intake
ME- 4000
DOC- what are you eating
ME- chicken and rice(just a quick answer to show I eat right)
DOC- you need to eat more beef and potatoes
ME- I actually have a beef meal, and a steak meal, and I get a cheat meal about every other day
DOC- lift heavy and eat 6000 cals (I've tried 5x5 training as well, and it didn't work for me, but I didn't tell him that. or ask how i'm suppose to hit all my muscle fibers by just lifting heavy. lol)

So then he starts looking at my knees/legs and tells me my knees get pain because my vastus medialis(inner quad) is bigger than my vastus lateralis(outer quad). which causes my knee cap to turn because my vastus medialis is basically pulling my knee cap. also went on to because my calves are smaller than my legs, that will also cause pain. then went to say my hamstrings are also smaller than my quads, and that will cause pain as well.
So finally, after going over everything

DOC- what labs does your coach want(I never said I had a coach)
ME- I don't have a coach(I do though, but this is all me requesting it), I want to get all my hormones, and liver, thyroid, etc.
DOC- l'll put you in for bloodwork that will have to do with your metabolism (thyroid etc.) but im not doing test because you just got them done in November(wrong, got the results in November, but labs done in august)
ME- I actually got them done in august
DOC- okay i'll do it one more time, but if they come back the same youre not getting them done again, and i'm telling every doctor not to let you get labs done and waste money.

We also briefly talked about genetics, and he said I will never be big because of my genetics. LOL

Sooo, what do yall think about that? I wanted to punch him in the face, but military and all...I would be screwed. I also wanted to just walk out halfway through, but I knew I would get in trouble for that as well.

Last edited:
Goto an educated, open minded, non narcissistic doctor that has one tenth if the degree that your complacent, lacsidasical, ignorant alleged "doctor" has.

Guys is a fucking moron

Alright so little back tracking here..Got my test levels checked in august, didn't get the results until November. Total was 360, free was 70. Didn't tamper with them at all. got them checked around afternoon after I was up for a few hrs already and ate a couple times. i'm turning 22 next month.

Okay so here's where it gets interesting, they said my levels were normal, but the doc didn't really know much about hrt and what not. So, I went in for an appointment today to talk about getting them done again, but with more panels.

DOC- I'm not doing blood work on you because you already got them done and your results came back normal
DOC- yes
ME- I did quite a bit of research and it says 360 is low, especially for someone my age
ME- no
ME- the ranges given are 200-1000, and that is for all ages. i'm 21, mine should be high.
DOC- your levels change throughout the day and have other factors like nutrition. (guy must not have realized the time of day I took them and I had eaten twice that day). so you think you have a problem because you cant get bigger. (I never said anything to him about what my goals were or if I was even trying to get bigger)
DOC- what signs
ME -I feel lethargic
DOC- so you have a PRP issue(prp is a program I'm where you basically get evaluated all the time on your reliability, because I work with nukes) Then asked what I thought lethargic was?
ME- I feel lazy, tired, and don't feel like doing anything, that's what I think beig lethargic is
DOC- No, being lethargic is like a baby who just lays there with its eyes open and cant do anything. So you get home from work and are too tired to do anything
DOC- so I should send you to mental health to get evaluated because youre depressed.
ME- no I don't have a problem with work or anything, and i'm not depressed. I also don't get morning wood, and my libido is low.
ME- you don't
ME- 4000
DOC- what are you eating
ME- I actually have a beef meal, and a steak meal, and I get a cheat meal about every other day
DOC- lift heavy and eat 6000 cals (I've tried 5x5 training as well, and it didn't work for me, but I didn't tell him that. or ask how i'm suppose to hit all my muscle fibers by just lifting heavy. lol)

So then he starts looking at my knees/legs and tells me my knees get pain because my vastus medialis(inner quad) is bigger than my vastus lateralis(outer quad). which causes my knee cap to turn because my vastus medialis is basically pulling my knee cap. also went on to because my calves are smaller than my legs, that will also cause pain. then went to say my hamstrings are also smaller than my quads, and that will cause pain as well.

ME- I don't have a coach(I do though, but this is all me requesting it), I want to get all my hormones, and liver, thyroid, etc.
DOC- l'll put you in for bloodwork that will have to do with your metabolism (thyroid etc.) but im not doing test because you just got them done in November(wrong, got the results in November, but labs done in august)
DOC- okay i'll do it one more time, but if they come back the same youre not getting them done again, and i'm telling every doctor not to let you get labs done and waste money.

We also briefly talked about genetics, and he said I will never be big because of my genetics. LOL

Sooo, what do yall think about that? I wanted to punch him in the face, but military and all...I would be screwed. I also wanted to just walk out halfway through, but I knew I would get in trouble for that as well.

Standard half wit response from a reaction based doctor. Even when your giving him all the standards and phrases that have been set for T therapy he still doesnt want to bite.

Side note, I was watching some TV last night when one of those "Have you taken X medication and had liver, stroke or a heart attack?" came on about Testosterone. I was fuming....

DOC- yes
ME- no
DOC- what signs
ME -I feel lethargic
ME- you don't
ME- 4000
DOC- what are you eating

as much as it may not be what you want to hear your doc is not necessarily wrong and seems to be be better then many based in this conversation.

when I went to the dr for my trt he said I was wrong about everything and that he didn't think what I wa ssayign was possible for someone that looked like me.

pulled blood and my test came back at 76! lol! I felt like total shit and knew the cause.

total test in the 300s while may not be high is well within the normal range, just because you are at the lower end of it doesn't mean it is not normal or needs to be higher. that's why there is such a big "normal" range people are just different.

after my blood test came back my dr basically gave me his prescription pad and said that I could write what ever I wanted since proved I knew far more then he on the subject. lol!

at least he admitted it after!

as much as it may not be what you want to hear your doc is not necessarily wrong and seems to be be better then many based in this conversation.

when I went to the dr for my trt he said I was wrong about everything and that he didn't think what I wa ssayign was possible for someone that looked like me.

pulled blood and my test came back at 76! lol! I felt like total shit and knew the cause.

total test in the 300s while may not be high is well within the normal range, just because you are at the lower end of it doesn't mean it is not normal or needs to be higher. that's why there is such a big "normal" range people are just different.
after my blood test came back my dr basically gave me his prescription pad and said that I could write what ever I wanted since proved I knew far more then he on the subject. lol!

Problem is LK, he is towards the lower end while being 22 years old. If he was 42 and there, then ok, maybe that's to be expected. It's clear that this doctor, at least from what the OP wrote, does not want to write any scripts for TRT/HRT. He has a "smarter than thou" attitude about a subject that there aren't a lot of "experts" on. If a 22 year guy is at the lower end of the spectrum and is complaining about his symptoms, just test him ya know

I went thru something similar nearly 20 years ago...
Took a while but I had convinced my primary care doc to run a hormone panel... Came back with a 236 total testosterone. Doc says normal. Sorry can't help u. I was 19!!!

So I drudged thru life feeling like ass for the next 16 years. Didn't get a hormone panel again til I was 35. Total test came back at 89 and I got my 1st trt shot before I left the office that day. Needless to say it changed my life for the better.

I wish I knew then what I know now... I would have put up a serious fight about my "normal" test result.

Been dealing with it for years

@ 23 my total was 229...doctor said I was normal.

been in the 300s for years...saw my 4th doctor...head of endocrinology in my city..316 i think it was....

testosteron-1.JPG

for 27...I should be in the 600's...technically mine is lower than an 85 to 100 year old male lol

I have ALL the signs and symptoms, i have for years. Low T runs in family, and I am diabetic...

but I am "normal"

I actually have a young very open minded female PA.
Couldn't be happier. Requires I do blood work minimum once a year. When my liver values came back highly elevated she asked what "supplement" I took. I fibbed and talked about PHs. She said if I'm doing it then take proper time off and would prefer blood work twice a year. Once on once off. Pretty sure I could get her to give me Hrt

That doctor is an idiot and I am disappointed with anyone that would defend the stuff he said to you.

I got lucky and had an endo prescribe TRT to me while I was lying in a hospital bed (admitted myself as a precaution bc I had heart palpitations). She said coming off cold turkey wasn't a good idea and well, I couldn't agree more.

Goto an educated, open minded, non narcissistic doctor that has one tenth if the degree that your complacent, lacsidasical, ignorant alleged "doctor" has.

Guys is a fucking moron

unfortunately, the military doesn't exactly work like that. lol. I saw a doctor to get the results one time, another doctor to go over the results, and now this guy. 3 different docs. fml. going to a doc/endo on my own would be super expensive because I don't have insurance besides Tricare(military)

unfortunately, the military doesn't exactly work like that. lol. I saw a doctor to get the results one time, another doctor to go over the results, and now this guy. 3 different docs. fml. going to a doc/endo on my own would be super expensive because I don't have insurance besides Tricare(military)

Pretty shitty how he claimed he was going to spread the word about not doing any more panels on you to all the other military docs.

I told my coach I should've taken some adex, so my levels would come back stupid low. then shove it in the docs face saying he doesn't know shit about MY body

Problem is LK, he is towards the lower end while being 22 years old. If he was 42 and there, then ok, maybe that's to be expected. It's clear that this doctor, at least from what the OP wrote, does not want to write any scripts for TRT/HRT. He has a "smarter than thou" attitude about a subject that there aren't a lot of "experts" on. If a 22 year guy is at the lower end of the spectrum and is complaining about his symptoms, just test him ya know

agreed. 360 might not be low for someone older, but for my age it IS low. the doc that went over the results said his were 350. he was 50+ haha

I feel your pain.. My experience is largely the same. When i was in I avoided docs like the plague bc they just werent there to really help. Part of the problem is getting them to diagnose you...once you win that fight. it's easier. Getting a mil doc to diagnose you is harder than finding a bar to drink at underage.

Even though at the age the OP is it should be higher it is still with in norm range.

problem I see is the dr is looking at him knows or can tell he works out so he is thinking he is not going to put his career/job on the line by giving a script when its not needed.just cuz he know the OP is looking to enhance his physics.

If the OP has a fatal accident god forbid or none fatal due to the aas use.when they launch and investigation and see that he was still in norm rage even though it was more on the lower end guess what going to happen to the dr

A military dr is not going to jeopardize his retirement after so many years invested in the military for some 21 year old looking to enhance his physics its just not gonna happen

I can guarantee if the OP next lab work comes way or just a bit below norm he is not going to pull his script book out.he will re test him again and even maybe again to double or triple check to cover his rear end

"i'm telling every doctor not to let you get labs done and waste money."

typical response from a socialist health care system.

"i'm telling every doctor not to let you get labs done and waste money."

typical response from a socialist health care system.

If he did that and the other dr's would do what he suggested and something happened to the OP not aas related just health wise and he let's everyone know all the dr's refused blood work those dr's are in deep shit

That sound like a threat to me and I would have reported him for that

Last edited:
If he did that and the other dr's would do what he suggested and something happened to the OP not aas related just health wise and he let's everyone know all the dr's refused blood work those dr's are in deep shit

That sound like a threat to me and I would have reported him for that

i'm going to the patien advocate when I get a chance. Another reason I typed all this out, so I don't forget anything

i'm going to the patien advocate when I get a chance. Another reason I typed all this out, so I don't forget anything

Great idea I would do the same.not that u are being a snitch it just has to do with your health and there is no reason for him to threaten u with such remark like that.

And thank you for serving man :headbang:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity