over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anybody tried Occlusion Straps?

Mute

Registered
Newbies
I don’t have the best arm genetics and I feel like I’ve tried every alternative to get them to grow. I haven’t measured them either but they’re def under 15” and with my delts being so overpowering they make my arms look even smaller. I was recommended to give occlusion straps a try for growth, and I just simply wanted to know has anyone gave them a try specifically for arms and if so how much growth did you notice during the duration of use. And just for added info My split is
Monday- Back - Traps and Triceps
Tuesday- Calves - Chest - Biceps
Wednesday -legs
Thursday - Arms
Friday -Shoulders and cable chest work
And I usually rotate my off days during the weekends.
Any info would be appreciated.

I don't know how much exactly I grew but it helped significantly with my tendinitis. The pumps were just insane.

I tried them on my quads as well and I seemed to get a better mind muscle connection. I haven't used them since but my mind muscle connection to my upper quads has stuck around.

Worth trying it for sure. I know a lot of guys who use them to help with injuries.

I don’t have the best arm genetics and I feel like I’ve tried every alternative to get them to grow. I haven’t measured them either but they’re def under 15” and with my delts being so overpowering they make my arms look even smaller. I was recommended to give occlusion straps a try for growth, and I just simply wanted to know has anyone gave them a try specifically for arms and if so how much growth did you notice during the duration of use. And just for added info My split is
Monday- Back - Traps and Triceps
Tuesday- Calves - Chest - Biceps
Wednesday -legs
Thursday - Arms
Friday -Shoulders and cable chest work
And I usually rotate my off days during the weekends.
Any info would be appreciated.
Honestly, don’t waste your time. The occlusion straps aren’t going to help. I was blessed with good arm genetics and cursed with small calves. Nothing I’ve tried (including occlusion straps) made my calves grow. Unfortunately, there’s no changing our genetics for certain body parts. Some do use synthol to enhance their arm size but I wouldn’t recommend it. Then again, I’ve had no experience using site enhancing oils. Others on this board may tell you it’s a good thing.

I didn't use them long enough to be able to say how effective this is. I workout at a public gym I just couldn't put them on my quads without feeling a little strange. I do think there is potential that it can aid in growth if used consistently. If u start the workout with them on and do your first excercise with then u will get a pump faster and it'll be easier to hold the pump thru the workout.

Great explenation on how to actually use your tricep in the movements not your joints in the video above.

And for biceps:

The first one if done properly (with the ez-bar) is killer on the biceps. Never felt my biceps like that before.

Only been trying it for a bit, but will let you know if in a year I have 20"+ arms

Touchy subject, and I do not want to engage in the whole chicken or egg discussion that leads down a banned rabbit hole, but due to certain worldwide medical events the past 3 years, there appears to be a marked increase in thromboembolic events in fairly young and athletic people. Purposely making blood pool in the extremities is thus, IMHO, possibly not the greatest idea. Of course most of what we do is not the greatest idea, but it is best not to directly run towards this risk.

Seems like an odd gimmick to me, that sort of died-off already.
I guess trying it yourself is always the best thing to do though (for your own knowledge).
I dont even like wearing tight elbow sleeves or knee-sleeves. Not a comfortable feeling when training (IMO).

I’ve never been able to get the thought of restricting blood flow to a muscle as a good idea For muscle growth.

I’ve heard that there is a technique that does help with joint issues but from what I understand it’s significantly different than how it’s used for muscle

Great explenation on how to actually use your tricep in the movements not your joints in the video above.

And for biceps:

The first one if done properly (with the ez-bar) is killer on the biceps. Never felt my biceps like that before.

Only been trying it for a bit, but will let you know if in a year I have 20"+ arms
Very interesting…Ima try some of this!

I've seen some small increase in calf size from wearing small elastic wraps on my knees when training legs. Due to my right knee being painful and somewhat unstable I've been wearing them for a few years. I've also experimented with using them for occlusion training with arms at one time and found that they actually did seem to help growth a bit. It seems like the massive pump possibly stretching fascia maybe. Can't train particularly heavy or for a long time when doing it though. When I was younger I thought this type of thing was a joke and wouldn't be caught dead doing it but now I'm old and work out in my garage so.whatever.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback, def going to watch Mike Wyck’s video as well.

Occlusion training works, studies show it does. But in order to get the optimal results, you need more advanced cuffs that can really monitor what is tight and what is dangerously too tight. Any of the version we can buy online are off and honestly not worth checking out.

I remember Matt Jansen bought a super advanced cuff to do occlusion training on my legs after an injury. Super expensive, but allowed for optimal results.

Occlusion training works, studies show it does. But in order to get the optimal results, you need more advanced cuffs that can really monitor what is tight and what is dangerously too tight. Any of the version we can buy online are off and honestly not worth checking out.

I remember Matt Jansen bought a super advanced cuff to do occlusion training on my legs after an injury. Super expensive, but allowed for optimal results.
Damn that’s depressing to hear lol. Only thing I can attest to while using the occlusion straps is that the pumps are ridiculous and almost painful.

Honestly, don’t waste your time. The occlusion straps aren’t going to help. I was blessed with good arm genetics and cursed with small calves. Nothing I’ve tried (including occlusion straps) made my calves grow. Unfortunately, there’s no changing our genetics for certain body parts. Some do use synthol to enhance their arm size but I wouldn’t recommend it. Then again, I’ve had no experience using site enhancing oils. Others on this board may tell you it’s a good thing.
100% what this guy has said, if you've tried a million things and have been consistent it's not like all of a sudden you trying out these straps is going to work. You're dealt with the hand your given, it's taken me years to realize that no matter what the situation may be in regards to anabolics, diet, training, amounts, etc you're either born with it, or will easily respond. Unless you can change your genetics that's your only hope, sure aas and training will help but they're honestly not going to make that much of a difference if they're still lacking after so many years.

NEVER have I ever seen or heard of someone trying some new training, or technique, or specific aas, that just all of a sudden made a world of a difference for bringing up a body part. It's silly seeing these pro's or others giving out advice on how to bring up body parts like all of a sudden doing this one type of exercise for x sets and x reps is going to make a huge difference, it's NOT, point blank.

This isn't to bring you down but it's just something that you probably already know but are looking for the next thing to try and than use confirmation bias to affirm your point. Again, been there done that, tried overcoming my genetics and it's just not possible if you don't have it after years of training, and aas. Having hope and that positive eager mindset is definitely a positive thing though, and it's not like you should just stop working out your arms obviously lol, but just learn to live with the genetic cards you've been dealt.

I bought a pair of SmartCuffs which is BFR and is safe and provides personalized pressure readings. Just had shoulder and double knee surgery and it helped tremendously and I am still using them. Use 3x per week and no more than. 20 minutes per session if you do it right. It’s a tool to use like any other and not a sole replacement.

Dealing with the injury and coming back from an injury they definitely help pumps and arm size it seems swell up more than normal. I haven't really been consistent on trying them when arms are not injured. That said I may do them here or there. The real experiment is when you're not injured to do them a set or two or even three. You can put them on the first set the second set or you can take them off and put them on the last set or the middle set. You choose.

I've also tried them for calves and quads way too painful on quads maybe I put them too tight. I know you don't want to cut off circulation More than 70% or you can actually die yes you read that right. Be mindful and careful while using these as far as how much circulation you cut off.

I bought bands for my arms and legs to help me train with less load post surgery. I feel they helped a lot in recovery and I was able to maintain my arms with just a 25lb. dumbbell. I use them in the gym now most of the time for arms as I am looking for ways to maintain muscle stress while reducing load on joints and tendons.

I thought it was a load of baloney, despite the long history of use here in Japan as 加圧トレーニング("kaatsu" training), but I've started to change my mind as I think my arms look better than they should right now with only 2.5 weeks back in the gym after two months away.

If you continue to use them Matt, please keep us posted. Your observations and progress in size.

I trust your opinion.

I have the occlusion straps with the pressure gauge to get the correct occlusion

They do indeed work, for what they were designed to do.

Illicit some growth when an injury doesn’t allow load

I held onto all my leg size when my patella was absolutely fucked

But you have to train correctly with them. 30…15…15…15 with correct intervals. It’s actually quite painful burn and pump when you nail it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws