over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HDL/LDL really bad, help?

swole79

Registered
I recently came off of a short Superdrol run and had my bloodwork taken. My HDL was extremely low and LDL was moderately high. For any of you guys with experience, how long does it take for your HDL/LDL to bounce back and what can I do to help them?

take some good quality fish oil to help get that HDL back up

Well

I recently came off of a short Superdrol run and had my bloodwork taken. My HDL was extremely low and LDL was moderately high. For any of you guys with experience, how long does it take for your HDL/LDL to bounce back and what can I do to help them?

It could take 3-4 months if you do it the right way......depends what is causing it and if you know this answer

After getting off of AAS for good, my HDL came up a little bit. Fish oil seemed to do nothing for me. I did go on Crestor and HDL came up about 14 pts. My HDL is still considered low today. Guess some of us just naturally have low HDL.

After getting off of AAS for good, my HDL came up a little bit. Fish oil seemed to do nothing for me. I did go on Crestor and HDL came up about 14 pts. My HDL is still considered low today. Guess some of us just naturally have low HDL.

I thought Crestor and other cholesterol drugs only affect LDL and Triglycerides.
As far as HDL if you are using Arimidx or Letro,you should think about switching to a different drug such as Nolvadex.

I thought Crestor and other cholesterol drugs only affect LDL and Triglycerides.
As far as HDL if you are using Arimidx or Letro,you should think about switching to a different drug such as Nolvadex.

Crestor has been clinically proven to raise HDL minimally. It has some effect, and youre right the other statins do not affect it. I was pessimisitic about using crestor too, but after trying it and retesting my HDL did come up. My diet did not change during that time either, so I think the crestor was the only variable changed when it was added. The clinical studies run on it did show it raised HDL and my personal experience supports that.

shown to raise HDL:
-flush niacin or niaspan(sp?)
- cardio 3 x weekly
- olive oil

lower LDL
- psyllium seed husk (like metamucil), or other hi fiber
- low animal fat diet

substitute hdl funmctionality:
- garlic extract in label dose (garlicin cardiac formula)
- grape seed extract
these will act as a substitute hdl to flush ldl while you are low in natural hdl

shown to raise HDL:
- cardio 3 x weekly
- olive oil

lower LDL
- low animal fat diet

- grape seed extract
these will act as a substitute hdl to flush ldl while you are low in natural hdl

Yeah, i tried all of the above to raise my HDL naturally, and in the end the only thing that really made any impact was the crestor. I do still take 1g niaspan/day and the other things though. No reason not to do every single thing you can do to be more healthy. Of course the biggest thing I did that raised my HDL was to stop taking all those AAS.

what were your levels pre-cycle and what what are they now?

most likely

a srupid question but did you do blood work in fasted state. Food really messes with the readings.

a srupid question but did you do blood work in fasted state. Food really messes with the readings.

Yeah, you have to be sure to follow the docs orders and not eat anything after midnight the morning before your test. Have to fast up to the time of the blood draw.

Yeah, you have to be sure to follow the docs orders and not eat anything after midnight the morning before your test. Have to fast up to the time of the blood draw.

This is stupid question but does fasting mean no coffee?

Vytorin

The Merck/Schering combo product really helped my friend with his lipids. Although it has been receiving a lot of bad press. He works in the Pharma industry and swears by it.

I know the flush free niacin isn't effective, but do you guys use regular niacin (B-3 nicotinic acid) or the time released one? How much do you take per day? Has anyone noticed liver problems from either one?

Time Release- more liver problems...

I know the flush free niacin isn't effective, but do you guys use regular niacin (B-3 nicotinic acid) or the time released one? How much do you take per day? Has anyone noticed liver problems from either one?

Both work the same for HDL. However, the time-released version can increase liver values more so than regular niacin. One suggestion made is to take niacin before bed so hopefully you can sleep through any of the flushing.

I took time-released niacin before bed and I would actually be mildly red throughout the day, it was annoying.

Guys, thanks for the response. I hadn't had bloodwork done in about a year. I dont remember what my HDL was exactly but it wasn't anything that the doc was worried about. The blood was drawn in a fasted state. HDL was only 6! I knew Superdrol was bad on lipids but damn!

shown to raise HDL:
- cardio 3 x weekly
- olive oil

lower LDL
- low animal fat diet

- grape seed extract

This is good advice. I too have low hdl high ldl and have researched many many hours on supplementation. I have found that in the past when I have stopped taking fish oil for one reason or another, my hdl shot down and my ldl shot up. Have been taking niaspan also, not helping a great deal...I had better results off the otc supplemental nicotonic acid (b-3). I would also add to the list of possibles lycopene, co-q10, and resveratrol. Make sure to get that hdl up bro, thats a terribly low hdl you have. Mine was 15 or 20 and the doc flipped.

Here's what I dont get about the lipid thing. Lets say you have an aweful hdl/ldl profile from aas v.s. someone who has an aweful profile but a bad diet and poor lifestyle. There is no way they can be equally as bad. The negative effects that come with bad lipids shouldnt effect both people the same.

I think I recall a report in a med jouranal where it was shown that around 50% of people who died of heart attacks and/or stroke were found to have healthy/normal HDL and LD levels. It was cited somewhere that one needs to take a look at other markers for cardiovascular disease (CVD) such as triglycerides, homocysteine levels and C-Reactive Protein (CRP).

Yeah but Superdrol does a number on your HDL/LDL really badly. My bloodwork scared my doc and she told me that I was "walking dead".Still here (knocks on wood).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131