over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart attack.

weight77

Registered
I just went to the gym to train and when I got there the place was empty, at first I thought hell yeah, but there were a few people who work there standing in front of the place. I asked what the deal was (I was pretty mad at this point) they said the gym was closed, I asked how long and they said all day, then I said why? The women said (all choked up) someone had a heart attack. I was surprised because it is the university gym and there are only students that train there, but there are alot of older students that train there that are juicing pretty hard, one guy I train with is 270lbs (but 6"3) and 7%bf. I am trying to get a hold of people find out what happened. Very scary to say the least.

Well

With everyone out there taking amounts they think that the "pros" take, eating all the foods that they think the "pros" eat, doing rec drugs on top of that and lifting as long as the "pros" lift, I am surprised that it is not happening more often. I can not stress enough to go get a checkup or at least a blood test every now and then.

IF IT IS A UNIVERSITY WEIGHT ROOM, I WOULD VENTURE TO GUESS THAT IT WAS A OLDER FACULTY MEMBER OR TEACHER.. it has happened in my town too.. and it was a older faculty member.. those rooms are not just for young students.. most are listed as non profit centers and must let in the general public.. so who it is may be any ones guess.. most of the university weight rooms are not well supervised..

Ok, they gym I train at is one room, if your thinking about some huge 3 story gym, well this is not it. The university I go to just built a huge new facality for the students to go to but has also kept the old university gym. Why, I dont know but I am glad they did becaues the new gym which is the 3 story type with rock walls and all the other crap that I glorified gym should have, is so packed I have had to wait for 20 minutes to get a bench. anyway the smaller gym only has about 40-50 members that belong and all but about 3 are students and there are no teachers, but I know what you mean lats because at the new rec center they do let the generals pub in and staff.

It is just strange, anybody who trains in a smaller gym should know what I mean. It is pretty much just one big group of guys that trian together and everybody knows everybody.

that is good that you guys have your old facility still.. as for the heart attack.. i hope it is not anyone you know.. but, remember, it could have also been many other things.. in the gym i own we had a guy collapse out cold once..we called the ambulance and i was sure it was a heart attack or astroke.. but, once the paramedics arrived they figured out that there he a diabetic and rushed in to the hospital.. he came out of the coma and is fine now.. we also had a lady collapse and faint.. she was in great shape and lifted all the time.. (damn good looking too...growl ;) ) it turned out that she actually had a lung disease that she told us nothing about but, it returned and "collapsed" her lung..so hopefully it is not a major deal.. just remember that it is extremely unlikely that gear had anything to do with it..trust me.. after being in the gym biz for 7 years, youd be surprised at how many health ailments are out there in the younger crowd..we made them sign waivers before they worked out.. we had great area athletes that had anything from heart murmers to strokes at one time.. let us know what ya find out..

That kinda sucks. My wife, son and I walked into a hot dog joint and the cops, paramedics and fire dept were there. They were checking out some older guy and my son says, " Hey Dad, that guy must've had a heart attack from eating these hot dogs". He said it loud enough for everyone to hear. Kids, ya gotta love'em.

PB

Re: Well

PHIL HERNON said:
With everyone out there taking amounts they think that the "pros" take, eating all the foods that they think the "pros" eat, doing rec drugs on top of that and lifting as long as the "pros" lift, I am surprised that it is not happening more often. I can not stress enough to go get a checkup or at least a blood test every now and then.

PHIL, I really have been listening to the PROS...not on cycle advice, but on the check up thing. I remember when you posted about foamy urine...well I had that, I thought it was not enough water..so I upped my water...well I still had foam in my urine even when clear, so I stopped everything and went and had a piss test...all was good.

well turns out the guy did pass. He was the only old guy in the gym. I guess he trains early in the morning when the place is empty, becaues I had never seen him before and like I said everyone knows each other. Anyway he was 65 and had the heart attack while on the treadmill. Very sad.

We had a guy last year that was in his 60's have a heart attack while running on the treadmill. they didn't close the gym but everyone that was there during the morning (trainers, gym workers and such) had a very sad look in their eyes. Makes you think about your own mortality.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131