over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with pain

chadd7

Registered
This question is not for me but my grandmother. She is 85 years old and is in a decent amount of back pain 24/7. She’s at the point where the doctors are unable to help anymore and she’s left with just dealing with it. It causes her to become non active and she also loses her appetite from it. It seems like there maybe a couple different options to look at and wanted your feedback.

Palmitoylethanolamide, CBD oil, CBD w/ THC, and kratom. I hate to say this but I don’t think she has many years left and much of it is due to the pain she’s having. Last winter she got to the point of not eating because the pain was so intense and she almost passed. My family has her eating again but I would love to help out with pain relief from one of the products I mentioned above or maybe I didn’t mention. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I´m really sorry to read about this. What is her prognosis? Without knowing what´s wrong trying to help is difficult. The forum member "gotgame" is extremely knowledgeable in this area, maybe you could try to pm him once you gather all your available info and he could point you in the right direction.

I wish your grandma all the best, let us know if she improves.

Thanks for the reply. I know gotgame and hopefully he will see this. If not I may pm him.

She has spinal stenosis and we have been told it will only get worse as she gets older.

What state are you in?
My wife and I signed my father-in-law up for Hawaii's Medical Cannabis program through his Oncologist. He has stage 4 Pancreatic cancer thats metastisized into his liver and right lung. His diagnosis pushed him to the front of the list in receiving his card. I'm listed as his caregiver so I can purchase things from the dispensaries here. What I've been told by various people behind the counter is what he needs is a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC. What has worked so far is a vape pen loaded with a strong Indica strain with this 1:1 ratio. It helps take the edge off his pain although he's already on a Fentanyl patch and taking Percoset around the clock. He says the one big difference has been his ability to sleep soundly for 2-3 hours at a time. He'll take a few hits off the vape pen and 15-20 minutes later he's dozing in his lounge chair. Appears to be helping with his appetite as well.

What state are you in?
My wife and I signed my father-in-law up for Hawaii's Medical Cannabis program through his Oncologist. He has stage 4 Pancreatic cancer thats metastisized into his liver and right lung. His diagnosis pushed him to the front of the list in receiving his card. I'm listed as his caregiver so I can purchase things from the dispensaries here. What I've been told by various people behind the counter is what he needs is a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC. What has worked so far is a vape pen loaded with a strong Indica strain with this 1:1 ratio. It helps take the edge off his pain although he's already on a Fentanyl patch and taking Percoset around the clock. He says the one big difference has been his ability to sleep soundly for 2-3 hours at a time. He'll take a few hits off the vape pen and 15-20 minutes later he's dozing in his lounge chair. Appears to be helping with his appetite as well.

Thank you for your reply! I'm in PA.

Is this something I could obtain without the help of an Oncologist?

I have a rare brittle bone disease and am in constant pain. Pretty much everyday level 3-7 pain sometimes 8-9, just depends. What has helped me a lot over the last few years is smoking and edibles. I doubt at her age she would be down for it, but CBD oil on my back does help me too.

I hope for the best for you all my friend because I know constant pain is awful.

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/borough/article_ba1c4b70-7fc2-11e8-9593-1f6235834cd8.html

You should be able to find a "forward thinking" physician or Nurse Practitioner who will certify her. She's definately a good candidate with her spinal issues/pain. Just don't expect her PCP to be the one to approve her MMj card. Most established physicians are still resistant. Certifying docs are out there, you'll just have to dig a little. I'm sure if you call a dispensary near you they can refer you to a good one.

Are you saying to call a dispensary in my area because I don't think they exist. Or can I call one in a different state? Thanks again for all your help!

Please read the article I posted for you. I'm sure there is a qualifying physician in your area but your going to have to do the leg work. Understand the card is going to cost around $200 + the cost of the physicians visit and this card will need to be renewed yearly.

If she’s that old and doesn’t have that much more time left I don’t see anything wrong with using opiates long-term. I mean I would at least want to live my last years pain-free by all means.

I have spinal stenosis too, but I am 51 YO. A couple years ago it got so bad I couldn't get out of bed, I was on some heavy pain pills and they did not relieve the pain. I went to a spine rehab place, they did decompression, chiro, accupunture and massage and it helped me alot. I was suppose to have a double fusion to help with the stability of the spine and I swear the decompression helped me.
Obviously being 85 things are a bit different, but she may want to try this to see if it would help with the pain some.

Reload, thanks for your help brother!! I called a local doc office and they stepped me through the whole process. Didn't realize there were offices right in my town. Seems like a simple process and should take about 3 weeks to get my Grandma her PA marijuana card. Now I just have to talk her into smoking some weed! :D Thanks again man! Greatly appreciated!

Are you saying to call a dispensary in my area because I don't think they exist. Or can I call one in a different state? Thanks again for all your help!

What state do you live in? If medical marijuana isn't legal in your state youre shit out of luck for any thc. But CBD is still currently legal in all 50 states and could be of some help to her.

Ah....nevermind just saw the above post

Just skip the card and doctors visit. Why not just buy some pot and make brownies?

Just skip the card and doctors visit. Why not just buy some pot and make brownies?

Because since she's taking oxy for the pain she has to be drug tested. I guess they started doing this because patients were using rec drugs along with the prescriptions. So have to do it the legal way. Which is how I would prefer with my grandma! :)

I’m so sorry your grandma is suffering. The opiate crack down is hurting people who truly need them for chronic pain management. Our government really pisses me off! They hurt the innocent to punish junkies. It’s not fair at all!

Tianeptine has been the best thing for my back pain. The doctor gave me Percocet but tianeptine works just as well and can be obtained legally(for research purposes anyway). Mike Arnold carries it. PM me if you want a link to his site.

THC/CBD didn’t help my severe pain enough to notice but tianeptine was a life savor.

Last edited:
Because since she's taking oxy for the pain she has to be drug tested.
<<This makes no sense to me?

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/02/here_are_answers_to_11_key_med.html
Chadd I'm not familiar with PA's MMj program but if the info is current/correct, PA dispensaries are not able to sell "flower" so there is no option to smoke it...yet. It appears they have edibles on the list though which would be a much better option and remove some of the stigma that older people tend to have in regards to using medical marijuana. With edibles you need to be very careful as the bud tenders will affirm. Use the smallest dose possible. Edibles take a good 1.5-2 hours to kick in and then linger for a good 5-6 hours. Edibles (depending on the strain) tend to elicit a more full body effect...better for chronic pain.

I take tramadol for overall pain, it is hard to find a doctor willing to give opioids anymore and when they do you need to submit to random piss tests, as my doctor told me they are so valuable now, people sell their refills for big bucks.
I have a friend who needs a 4X fusion on his back and on all sorts of opioids, he has to travel to pain management places as the doctors won't give it to him, these pain places are also now not in network anymore. He had some issues getting refills so he smoked some pot to help with the pain, he was tested and they wouldn't fill his opioids.
I sometimes use CBD oil, not as good as opioids but does help some.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws