over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

high quality and bioavailable GABA?

alan1973

Kilo Klub Member
I have been reading about GABA quite a bit since it is so popular in Japan and starting to get there in the US. I just bought some in powder form and plan to mix with my LBAs (since glycerine should help it be more bioavailable).
but I was wondering if any of you out there in E-Land have any comments.
IBE has some but is costly.
I am wondering if there really is any high quality and bioavailable GABA out there.

While I have no idea about the bio-availability of it, superior carries GABA in powder form...and it is fairly cheap.
I have dealt with him before (not on this specific supp though) and have never heard of any complaints about his products at all.

**broken link removed**

If you find any other new facts about this, I am sure others would like to know as well. I have looked into it a little, but don't have enough knowledge about it yet to want to try it out.....

stan66

I just bought some in powder form and plan to mix with my LBAs

You have to be careful what you take it with as other amino acids will prevent it from crossing the Blood Brain Barrier.

GABA Dosage

How much do you take?

I have tried it a few times before bed at 3-5gram doses, makes my whole body tingle and itchy then goes away.

I never felt relaxed or sleepy at all though?

How and when do you take it to be effective?

How much do you take?

I have tried it a few times before bed at 3-5gram doses, makes my whole body tingle and itchy then goes away.

I never felt relaxed or sleepy at all though?

How and when do you take it to be effective?

i read that 15-18 grams is very effective.

I just ordered it. If there is enough interest, I can post any finding I may have.
I am not going to go too scientific with it though. I expect to lose weight anyway since my doc said my LDL is high (150:eek: ). no more cheese or fried foods:( .
and if it comes in a box, can, jar or bag then cholesterol must state none per serving I also am cutting caffeine slowly out of my diet as much as I can.
I love coffee so I will have to go to the caffeine free type:rolleyes: .

You have to be careful what you take it with as other amino acids will prevent it from crossing the Blood Brain Barrier.

which ones and are they present in LBAs?
sounds like taking with protien is a bad idea too.
most places suggest taking with juice w/ or w/o glycerine. but straight glycerin that is OK for humans seems hard to find, all sites seem iffy as to whether it can really be ingested or not.

Dump 5 grams into some juice before you go to bed. I don't eat a big meal RIGht before bed so the juice/gaba mix is on a light stomach.

I get the tingles and knock out. It's pretty much the feeling of coming home completely drunk and wanting to pass out is what I get. Well...without the stumbling and knocking everything over part.

What are you using it for?

It doesn't cross the blood brain barrier very well. It's not because the GABA is of low quality. You could use a modified version that does cross the barrier, like Picamilon, Phenibut or GABOB but then you have to careful since they are potentially addictive.

At 3 mgs I get shortness of breath and a tingling sensation.

which ones and are they present in LBAs?
sounds like taking with protien is a bad idea too.
most places suggest taking with juice w/ or w/o glycerine. but straight glycerin that is OK for humans seems hard to find, all sites seem iffy as to whether it can really be ingested or not.

Your not suppose to take it with any other amino acids or meals. It should say on the directions take in between meals with juice or soemthing like that.

Taking it with niacin should increase its affects and help it get through teh blood braib barrier.

What are you using it for?

It doesn't cross the blood brain barrier very well. It's not because the GABA is of low quality. You could use a modified version that does cross the barrier, like Picamilon, Phenibut or GABOB but then you have to careful since they are potentially addictive.

Picamilon is a special form of bonded niacin to GABA. If its cheaper I would probably go with Picamilon instead as they most likey would be in capsules. Much easier.

I'd be careful with GABA . it is , IMO , individualistic on how high the dosage should be and how it will effect people .
i personally have taken it up to 12g pre bed on an empty stomach . i can't tolerate more . to be honest , now i am using 4g pre bed . thats all i need . i ca nget away with 6 hours of sleep , wake up and feel like i had 10 .
some people even take it pre workout . i don't know how they do it

wake

I have heard mixed reviews on GABA, what do most of you use it for? Well being, GH release? thoughts????

Damn bro, 15-18 grams? Thats an insane amount. Like some others asked, why so much? What are the benefits?

any info I am posting is what I have read. feel free to google for yourselves if you question anything I say. I have yet to try it and it should be in my PO Box next week.

any info I am posting is what I have read. feel free to google for yourselves if you question anything I say. I have yet to try it and it should be in my PO Box next week.
Where did you read about 15-18 grams? I remember 5 gram dosages in some studies but can't remember seeing 15-18 grams anywhere.

Where did you read about 15-18 grams? I remember 5 gram dosages in some studies but can't remember seeing 15-18 grams anywhere.

Sup KS,
here is one answer I googled for you
**broken link removed**
20g/day divided into 4 doses (max.)
much more than I previously quoted.
as with anything new, I will start slowly. what I would think would be the best bet would be to find the dosage that doesn't knock you out and take that in the morning, and the dosage that does make me sleepy, take that 2 hours before bedtime.
I have no idea how long it stays in the system, but that sounds about right.
Japanese companies market this in energy drinks to use throughout the day, so their must be a small enough dosage that works without making me tired.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
IronGame420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins