over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HIT Training

Chris_Befoul

Registered
I was curious on here who uses HIT style of training and what kind of results and progress you got out of it. I myself use kind of a modified version of Yates style by doing two sets to failure on the major compound lifts such as decline bench, squat, etc. but only do one set to failure on the follow up lifts.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I train HIT style in that I do one set per exercise where I go "all out," but my warmup sets are probably more than most would consider "warm up." I often do a second set after my main working set that is 10-20% lighter, also to failure, but not past.

Kaladryn how long have you been using this method and what kind of gains have you made off of this style

I do low volume too.

Decline barbell: ramp up till hit failure around 8-9 reps. Rip of 10-15% and I can usually get 7-8 reps. Then go to something like chest flys and do a high rep pump set (15-20 reps).

KINDA: i do push legs pull so lets see what a workout looks like

Chest: decline bench, High rep flys.
Shoulder: laterals, rear delts
Tricep: Dips, then DB skulls

See, my compound tricep movement hits chest also, so it gets worked with 3 exercises

then the next week my push could look like this

DB Incline, incline flys
Shoulders: laterals rear delts
Tricep: Reverse grip bench press

So every workout chest gets 2 main movments, then usually my compound tricep movement hits chest indirectly.

I am starting to hear of more people switching to the push legs pull style how has it been working out for you

I am starting to hear of more people switching to the push legs pull style how has it been working out for you

That is how the DC 3-way split is set up. Train 4 days per week and on the fourth day you repeat the same bodyparts from Day 1 but with different exercises.

It looks like this:
A) Chest - Shoulders - Tris
B) Bis - Forearms - Back width - Back Thickness
C) Calves - Hamstrings -Quads

What I like about it is that it allows you to focus more on areas that need to be brought up as compared to the DC 2-way. Workouts are not very long but brutally intense. I've been loving this split since I started it.

I have done the 2 way split in the past with some good results but never tried the 3 way only thing was I didn't really care for the stretches but I know there there for a reason

I have done the 2 way split in the past with some good results but never tried the 3 way only thing was I didn't really care for the stretches but I know there there for a reason

Oh comeon u know u loved the stretches! I remember the looks on your face during a long chest stretch lol

Guys please use the search function, there are countless threads on this subject

I train HIT style in that I do one set per exercise where I go "all out," but my warmup sets are probably more than most would consider "warm up." I often do a second set after my main working set that is 10-20% lighter, also to failure, but not past.

I do the same, on a DC 3 way split with two straight sets (changed from Rest Pause) I add a 20 reps widow maker on some parts , sometimes.

How do you guys do this with squats or deads?

How do you guys do this with squats or deads?

In DC, deadlifts are performed differently.

I did WM BB back squats on Wednesday. My glutes are still sore!

But how do you go them you ask? You just say fuck it, I own this shit and crush the weight.

I'm a bodybuilder and raw powerlifter.

Here is what I'm currently doing.

Monday
Barbell Squats
Hack Squats
Leg Press
Extensions
Leg Curls
Seated Calves
Std Calves

Tuesday
Barbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Incline Press
Hammer Strength Incline Press
Machine Fly
Barbell Curls
DB Curls

Thursday
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Good Mornings
Leg Raises
Abs Crunch

Friday
Lateral Raises
Upright Rows
Overhead Press (fucked up shoulders so I do pressing after pre-exhaust)
Cable Extensions
Weighted Dips

Saturday
Hammer Strength Pulldowns
T Bar Rows
Barbell Rows
One Arm Rows
Machine Rear Fly

I'll typically do 2 sets 4-6 reps on the three big lifts squat, bench, deads.
On the big three lifts I mimic what I'd be doing in a PL meet. So explosive lifts. Pause at the bench. Etc. Nearing the meet I'll slowly start doing triples. Maybe a month prior to the meet I'll do some singles to see where I'm at but only one or two workouts because singles burn me out.

Everything else I do 1 set 4-6 reps. I move very slowly on the negative taking at least 5 FULL seconds on the negative, pause, and explosive on the positive, pause, negative ... VERY controlled lift.

I only warm up as much as needed. For example on chest day. Bench warmup 135lbs, 225, 245, 265, 285, then a work set with 315 for say 6 reps with a good 1001 count pause at my chest and slow negative. Rest 5 minutes. Do another set with 315lbs. Then I'm into bodybuilding. Since I just did two brutal sets of barbell bench I'm warmed up so I just go right into a heavy db incline press with 110lbs taking a 5 second negative, pause, explosive positive, pause, 5 second negative. Then I load up my weights on the hammer incline press and get into a workset as well no warmup. Machine Fly I hold the stretched position for a long time. Fly's I do not do explosive to reduce risk of peck tear. Then I'm onto biceps. So I go to the barbell rack and start warming up with 30lbs, 50lbs, 70lbs, 90lbs, 110lbs, and then I load up 135lbs on a straight barbell and do one or two all out sets. No warmup on db'll curls either.

Last edited:
Big A's growth for beginners HIT program, working great, getting stronger (finally) and putting on muscle ( probably.due to better recovery and not overtraining plus increased strength). Back to basics for me for a while.

Big A's growth for beginners HIT program, working great, getting stronger (finally) and putting on muscle ( probably.due to better recovery and not overtraining plus increased strength). Back to basics for me for a while.

Are you doing it just like its layed out or have you added some other things in? Sets, exercises, days per week etc.

Since we are talking splits, I have a new one that I LOVE. This is a 5 day repeating split. What makes this split special is the amount of REST:

Day 1: AM- Back, PM- Triceps
Day 2: OFF
Day 3: AM- Chest and Shoulders, PM- Biceps and Forearms
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: OFF

Another good thing about this split, all the shoulder stress is concentrated on one day, so you get maximum shoulder recovery.

Are you doing it just like its layed out or have you added some other things in? Sets, exercises, days per week etc.
Exactly like he has laid out, I want maximum recovery right now, I go in hit it heavy and intensely and go home rest, recuperate, and GROW!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear