over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How did you fix your tennis elbow pain?

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I had many injuries lifting, from shoulder injuries, partial tear in biceps, almost tore pec

and now elbow pain. injured it doing overhead DB triceps.

I can’t press shit with my left arm. I’m working around this injury currently and it’s working great. just no pressing movements..

What fixed it for you? helped ?
let’s hear it

I had many injuries lifting, from shoulder injuries, partial tear in biceps, almost tore pec

I can’t press shit with my left arm. I’m working around this injury currently and it’s working great. just no pressing movements..

let’s hear it

Short time off with anti-inflammatory gel (I like voltaren which is diclofenac) applied to the area 3-4 times daily.
Joint supplement including curcumin such as Support Max Joint from Strom taken at double the dose whilst injured and the normal dose after injury.
Modified training taking away problematic movements and perhaps increasing rep ranges for others.

The above will be good enough but BPC-157 and TB-500 can work wonders and if you can get good product are both fantastic to use for minor injuries and general recovery.

I had horrible tennis elbow.....I used icy hot before training and I used one of those messages guns before and after training......I think what helped more than anything was I started using a wrist roller 4 sets each way after back day and arm......this really strengthened my hands wrist and elbows! I haven’t had any issues since I started doing that.

I had horrible tennis elbow.....I used icy hot before training and I used one of those messages guns before and after training......I think what helped more than anything was I started using a wrist roller 4 sets each way after back day and arm......this really strengthened my hands wrist and elbows! I haven’t had any issues since I started doing that.

This is the one I bought.....it has a longer thicker handle.....it really fills your forearms full of blood which I really think helps with healing and strengthening the entire lower arm
FB0C5107-DBDE-43AC-8AF8-A25EDEEB0868.png

I had bad inner and outer elbow pain at one time and the only thing that helped me was getting A.R.T., the sooner you start the better

I've dealt with both tennis and golfers elbow. You've obviously already Googled rehab exercises and all that. You know how wrist curls and reverse wrist curls are advised with 3 lb weights? Those seemed to aggravate it, but making those exercises staples in my training, heavier, have helped the most. At least 8 reps and upwards to 20. The flexors and extensors are often neglected as most people opt for hammer/pinwheel/reverse barbell curls to build their forearms (if they train them at all). I feel when something is neglected it will eventually create an imbalance.

When I first started to incorporate them, I used dumbbells so I could use the opposite hand to hold my arm in place and it really allowed me to feel where the pain was so I could be more intuitive with the contractions and apply pressure where I needed to.

let’s hear it

Is it the lateral elbow, medial elbow, or dead center?

You have to stop doing the things that hurt

Sounds way too simple, but its more applicable than anything else

Have gotten it from heavy skull crushers and dips in the past; then I'd try to find variations of each that didn't hurt. Then those movements started hurting. Then I couldn't raise my arms above head for a while lol

Had to stop doing that stuff completely for a few months. You could probably write a book on the imbalances we develop from loading muscles, tendons, and ligaments in a specific ROM for many many years

Stretching, Mobility and Deep Tissue work prob has more benefit in this regard to try to keep it from occurring than anything to else to "treat" it when you succumb to it. But idk, I also think guys get so damn strong in certain movements, that it's a matter of time before things start hurting from continuously doing that

P.S- BPC is amazing, but don't jab yourself and then go do the same thing again in the gym; you'll be spinning your wheels in one place

Have gotten it from heavy skull crushers and dips in the past; then I'd try to find variations of each that didn't hurt. Then those movements started hurting. Then I couldn't raise my arms above head for a while lol

Had to stop doing that stuff completely for a few months. You could probably write a book on the imbalances we develop from loading muscles, tendons, and ligaments in a specific ROM for many many years

Stretching, Mobility and Deep Tissue work prob has more benefit in this regard to try to keep it from occurring than anything to else to "treat" it when you succumb to it. But idk, I also think guys get so damn strong in certain movements, that it's a matter of time before things start hurting from continuously doing that

P.S- BPC is amazing, but don't jab yourself and then go do the same thing again in the gym; you'll be spinning your wheels in one place

Good post. So many guys take BPC for 2 days then go back in the gym and do exactly what injured them in the first place. I can think of one very well known guy doing just that right now. We all get injured but some guys are just asking for it with the way they train. Obviously this injury is caused by doing certain movements repetitively over time. So for tennis elbow it's probably best avoiding all movements of the elbow joint for a short time then you resume training but avoid movements that are more problematic. I find skullcrushers is one of those movements for many but any heavy loading movement could do the same. I think most of us are aware what movements cause us the most issues though so it's just about avoiding them. Going back to my 1st post the anti-inflammatory gel and supplementation (curcumin etc) can make a huge difference but the root cause should always be addressed as well.

Tens unit...turn off the timer and let that bitch run all night while I sleep

I literally stopped doing any direct arm work for about 4 months. I could do some pressing but I always did 3/4 reps. Never locked anything in the time.

Here’s some tips that will help!

1) take up to 6 weeks off from training to allow the tendon to heal.
2) stop doing overhead tricep extensions and skull crushers. Replace those exercises with one arm at a time leaning forward tricep extensions using a cable machine. Instead of keeping the elbows in a fixed position, allow the elbows to move back as you get a stretch on the long head before performing the positive and moving the elbows forward again.
3) keep reps between 12-20.
4)perform rope tricep push downs before doing leaning forward one arm cable tricep extensions. Do 4 warm up sets with light weight (15-20 reps per warm up set) before getting into work sets.
5) avoid dips.
6) replace bench press and machine press. Do cable chest presses instead.
7) avoid doing lat pull downs with a bar ( use dual cables/handles instead). And don’t do wide rows, only close grip cable rows.
8) stop doing preacher curls and replace them with standing one arm at a time dumbbell curls.
9) perform reps slower using less weight.
10) Avoid doing heavy dumbbell presses for chest & shoulders because getting them into position to perform the exercise creates undue stress on the tendons.

Thinker is right. For years I had elbow pain, I would work around it, doing only exercises that did not hurt at all for months until I would test it again.
That elbow pain is telling you something. I actually ended up tearing the one tendon off my left arm about 10 years ago. I have to say, the surgery was one of the best for me, 8 weeks and I was working out (light) again and never any pain since.

I'm surprised by the amount of horrible answers on here, figured by now some of you would have stopped perpetuating nonsense.
Want to fix your tennis elbow? FIND A PRACTITIONER IN YOUR AREA THAT DOES A.R.T, GRASTON, DRY NEEDLING. The guys on here telling you to throw pedtides, compounds and time off need to get a clue. You need to fix the cause of the issue otherwise it will continue to happen and get worse. If u need help pm me your zip code and ill find someone in your area

Thinker is right. For years I had elbow pain, I would work around it, doing only exercises that did not hurt at all for months until I would test it again.
That elbow pain is telling you something. I actually ended up tearing the one tendon off my left arm about 10 years ago. I have to say, the surgery was one of the best for me, 8 weeks and I was working out (light) again and never any pain since.
how does the repaired tricep look? how is the size in comparison to the non-repaired one? is the strength equal?

Agree. Just work around the injury and do the exercises that dont bother it. It may take a month or two depending in how stubborn you are. When you feel better start out with light weight and build up from there. Good luck!!

Keeping the wrist in a neutral position during lifts. Especially bench and press downs.

Having golfer's elbow for 9 or 10 months as a result of doing MASSIVE amounts of pull ups during that lockdown when all of the gyms were closed taught me a few things:
There's no shortcut...it's going to take TIME to fully recovery from these types of pain. You'll still be strong and able to lift..you will just have that nagging "threatening" type pain whenever you do those movements that trigger that injured area.
Stay away from those exercises that trigger those threatening type sharp pains..that's your body warning you and threatening you.
You can try to mask it with deca or any of these other drugs but look at Flex Wheeler's story. He masked his shoulder pain for a long time with cortisteroid shots but just went from injured shoulder to nearly completely destroying his body. Masking the pain is NEVER the answer brother!
For me..I just STOPPED doing all of those pull ups as soon as the gym reopened and never looked back. The pain disappeared in due time.
Just like the other brothers above stated:
If it hurts don't do it! Find different exercises, work around the pain and be creative about it!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear