over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you tell someone???

jfunk316

Registered
How do you tell someone that they are over or under training? I have so many people ask me advice, yet they think when I tell them what the need to grow that I'm lying to them or something. I know I should just give up on them and let them overtrain but I still am curious what other people use to get the point of over or under training across.

My example is this:

2 guys I went to school with train high volume 1 muscle group per day, they do 5-7 different exercises with 3-4 sets each and come close or fail on most of the sets because they don't understand warming up. They do this because another guy who we went to school with that is a beast does similar training (he is a "super supplemented athlete") but understands and watching him I would say he quits most sets when he has 1-2 more reps in him. They believe because he does it, it must be right. He went from 300+lbs to about 200 ripped up, very fast, he eats clean, etc... they both drink 3-4 nights a week, eat whatever they want, etc... How do you make someone see the difference when they are blind?

advice is just that, your opinion or knowledge that can help them. but its up to them if they want to listen. im curious about this 3rd guy though. he was 300+ lbs and went down to 200. i wouldnt consider carrying 100lbs of fat being a "beast" unless your saying that he was "Obeast" lol. try to get some pics from him if hes your buddy, thats one hell of a transformation and should be commended for doing so.

if i try to help someone out and they think im cheating them well thats thier problem. just tell them good luck with thier training and leave it at that but dont get mad. they will remember what youve told them

Figure out a way to let him think it is his own idea.
Ask him if he thinks you are over/under training .
You'll figure it out .

Ask them to be really honest with themselves regarding their progresses over the last year or more... make them acknowledge that if they made none, they must be doing something wrong. And in any case, changing their style of training can't hurt at all.

If they still don't want to listen, just give up trying to help... ;)

i think people overtraining is the hardest thing to make them belive they are doing. Ive got alot of friends like that too. Drink all the time and think a bowl of oats in the morning and taking creatine will counteract their diet of thai food and overtraing chest and arms(pretty much all they workout). For my close friends i try to help them as much as i can, but for other guys that seem sooo convinced they got it right, i just say 'lookin big man' and go about my business. Not worth the time unless you like arguing....which i dont :/

advice is just that, your opinion or knowledge that can help them. but its up to them if they want to listen. im curious about this 3rd guy though. he was 300+ lbs and went down to 200. i wouldnt consider carrying 100lbs of fat being a "beast" unless your saying that he was "Obeast" lol. try to get some pics from him if hes your buddy, thats one hell of a transformation and should be commended for doing so.

if i try to help someone out and they think im cheating them well thats thier problem. just tell them good luck with thier training and leave it at that but dont get mad. they will remember what youve told them

He wasn't a beast at 300+ but he definitely is one now. I will see if he can give me a couple pics next time I see him at the gym. He committed himself like crazy and has been nothing less than amazing no matter what supplements he uses.

Figure out a way to let him think it is his own idea.
Ask him if he thinks you are over/under training .
You'll figure it out .

I like the idea to let them figure it out on their own, I will have to think of a way to get this across.

Ask them to be really honest with themselves regarding their progresses over the last year or more... make them acknowledge that if they made none, they must be doing something wrong. And in any case, changing their style of training can't hurt at all.

If they still don't want to listen, just give up trying to help... ;)

They all know that I make more progess in 3 months than they do in a year, I explain it's diet and rest more than training but it's hard to get someone to believe that, ahaha. I like the idea of giving up and focusing on people that actually listen to me. LOL :)

if someone asks you for advice, then refuses to take it or tells you its wrong, then dont bother with them. they are being rude. a person asking you with no intentions of listening is wasting your time.

'lookin big man'

I love this quote right here. I used to tell a guy who was apparently affraid to train his legs this whenever i would see him and he always thought I was being serious. LOL

They see the difference, they just dont want to admit it. Everything else that rolls out of their mouths and in between is bullshit. Mediocre efforts produce half ass results. They both drink 3-4 nights a week? Give me a fucking break, I wouldn't waste my breath with them, talk about last nights basketball game or something

They see the difference, they just dont want to admit it. Everything else that rolls out of their mouths and in between is bullshit. Mediocre efforts produce half ass results. They both drink 3-4 nights a week? Give me a fucking break, I wouldn't waste my breath with them, talk about last nights basketball game or something

I'm starting to lean more and more towards this approach and just keep the headphones too loud to hear people talking to me.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws