advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How has the economy affected your liffting?

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have really noticed a sharp rise in food costs and drop in quality in a lot of goods and services.
It's disturbing really but a lot being related to fuel it's not going to get any better anytime soon.
It's not just this year but every year since 2008 -but for some reason it's really standing out as everyone had already squeezed shit dry and now are really tagging it on top.

Hey bro...yes the cost of goods and services has really esclated in all areas...and food of course is a main componate.

For me...I just look for things in bulk for meats etc. It is cheaper pound per pound (but not cheap). Thank God they are opening a Sam's Club a few blocks away from me...so I am looking forward to doing a cost comparison and see what additional savings I can find.

The price of gas is only going to get worse...some say 5.00 a gallon by summer. The gyms where I train are fairly close to my home..but I feel for those guys who drive 20 miles or so to get a workout it...

no effect !

it depends if Bodybuilding is your first priority... you would go out less, spend less on other BS so you can keep buying your supplements and food needed

I wonder how much most hardcore bodybuilders who use lots of GH spend every month on bodybuilding. Id leave out the cost of food because everyone eats (of course the typical joe eats way less). I mean cost of drugs, supplements, gym membership etc.

I feel very fortunate to have a good paying job that has not been effected by outsourcing. I have noticed the price of food has gone up quite a bit and now I shop in bulk and/or buy all generic foods. The only food that I pay a lot for is my meats and dairy products but the ammount I save on other food seems to make up for the higher prices.

This sounds backwards but the economy were in has me working too much. Which I suppose I cant complain, Im doing quite well. High oil prices makes me busy at work and a bad housing economy helps my investments. Oddly enough, win win.

I cant complain, with the business I am in the higher gas prices go the more $ I can make.
But I know its got to be hard on people who are not so lucky. 5 a gallon is steep.

It actually helps, keeps me from partying! which keeps me in the gym and growing.
But I'll be sure to save up enough for the boat this summer, Gotta Live!

When I started lifting (4 years ago, 2008 or so) protein was $26.99 for 5lbs, plus $3.99 shipping usually. Now it's $53.99 for 5lbs of the same brand and $5.99 for shipping.

So thesedays I just buy 25lb boxes of no-flavor, no-additives, just pure whey isolate. Comes out to about $40/5lb, which is still ridiculous pricing compared to in the past :(

gh is a performance enhancer I dont think it should be used for extensive amounts of time unless you are playing in the NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA, Tennis, or are old are trying to get through discomfort from old injuries , or trying to prevent injuries.

(lose fat- thermos, fat burners, metabolism enhancers)
(build muscle- androgens, anabolics)

Unfortunately food prices well consistently rise and grass fed and all organic products will increase the most anywhere from double to 3triple in the next 10-20 years.

Unfortunately that is the future

We buy meats in bulk and don't really go out much anymore. Rather stay in and cook a meal than go out and spend 50 bucks on one meal. It def sucks but I don't see it changing anytime soon, so we just make the best of it.

YEP! when the job market is down cause of the economy and you cant find a better job to get out of the old one it sure does effect it, no stable decent income, effects every thing you spend money on and the AMOUNT!

The rise of price of Whey, has helped steer me from powders as my main source or protein to whole food..

A better investment if you ask me.

The rise of price of Whey, has helped steer me from powders as my main source or protein to whole food..

A better investment if you ask me.

Im still getting 10lbs of quality whey for 60 bucks.

Since 08 I've had to take layoffs due to income issues.

Personally ,I've had to take a break from the gym for 5 months. Positions are being reduced and some done away with.......everyone has had to up their game. Do more for the same pay translates into many hours at the job but things seem to have settled and I'm setting into a routine once again. God I miss training !

the economy has actually helped with my training.
the stress of running a business in uncertain environment is very stressful , no matter how good you are , you extend credit to customers and rely on their ability to pay. meantime you have great expenses...

The biggest stress relief in my life is gym.
I literately run away sometimes and lift.
I lift heavier , harder , and with more intensity.

the high $AUD has made buying goods overseas (particularly america) very cheap and affordable for me

i love it :)

on side note: i hate the dam cost of petrol in aus

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear