advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How low BF% have you achieved on shakes?

2horns

Newbies
Obviously, food is ideal and offers better nutritional value BUT for those who are on the go and/or hate chewing 6-7 meals/day, how low have you gotten BF% wise? For those who do, how do you have your diet set up and when do you utilize the shakes?

By the way, I have 2 shakes and 3-4 solids depending on the day.

Why would shakes make a diffrence to how lean you can get?

Obviously that's what I'm asking...most competitors don't use shakes pre contest for a reason.

I never accounted for it that way.

if you are having 2 shakes a day, I would have one as pre-workout meal, and the other as post-workout.

I can't imagine 2 shakes out of 5 or 6 meals a day making much of a tangible difference over having all solid food meals.

it doesn't matter......macros are macros

do you think the body knows the difference???

only thing different is its semi pre-digested..

:cool:

Obviously that's what I'm asking...most competitors don't use shakes pre contest for a reason.

I don't think be ever met any competitor who didn't use shakes. I know many switch to a high quality product like from truenutrition and some even switch from a whey isolate to beef but you should see any difference using shakes to some degree at all.

Your not dieting very hard if your having to use shakes. You should be so hungry when cutting that any leans proteins would be desirable. I wouldn't even use shakes if your not that hungry.

Last edited:
I don't think be ever met any competitor who didn't use shakes. I know many switch to a high quality product like from truenutrition and some even switch from a whey isolate to beef but you should see any difference using shakes to some degree at all.

I know plenty of competitors who do not use shakes pre contest. I can see using them in offseason for extra calories or whatever, I just thought for the pre contest duration most took them out.

it doesn't matter......macros are macros

do you think the body knows the difference???

only thing different is its semi pre-digested..

True but some bloat from shakes. I'm talking strictly pre contest here...I know plenty of people who cut out red meat or various other things like that. I always thought the body reacted differently from certain macros? If I'm taking in 250 carbs per day of sugar compared to 250 carbs of say sweet potatoes, my body absolutely reacts differently, which in turn looks different.

True but some bloat from shakes. I'm talking strictly pre contest here...I know plenty of people who cut out red meat or various other things like that. I always thought the body reacted differently from certain macros? If I'm taking in 250 carbs per day of sugar compared to 250 carbs of say sweet potatoes, my body absolutely reacts differently, which in turn looks different.

If you are bloating from shakes it's a shitty quality shake. Almost all the pro's on here and the competiti I know I'm real life incorporate shakes. Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about 5 of 6 meals but even the well know prep coaches I've hired or talked to had shakes to the end. Some were partial to switching to beef isolate not whey hey last 4 weeks and most were 2 of 7ish meals a day so the diet was by far mostly food.

All have said if you have any bloat, gas, etc it's shitty quality. Big A has said the same thing here going back almost 15 years.

You buy a legit top quality powder like from TN it IS food and should treat your body no different than a piece of fish would.

That's a little different than comparing proteins. Of course your body would react differently if you consumed 250 grams of sugar. Macros are macros but you obviously aren't going to eat shit to hit them. If my memory serves me right I think JJ did a log here where he consumed just shakes and had good results. I personally only use them pre and post workout.

I thought the only reason shakes were removed from contest diets was because of the hunger. Whole foods satiate hunger better and longer than shakes.

I think a better question is: How would they hurt getting your leanest...?
-F2S

Whole foods definitely satisfy my hunger better. I think you'd find it a lot harder to follow a strict diet if you drank a lot of shakes. I know for me right now I'm hungry enough as it is and I primarily eat whole foods.

I only reas about people cutting out shakes at the end of there prep when cutting as much sodium as possible

Obviously, food is ideal and offers better nutritional value BUT for those who are on the go and/or hate chewing 6-7 meals/day, how low have you gotten BF% wise? For those who do, how do you have your diet set up and when do you utilize the shakes?

By the way, I have 2 shakes and 3-4 solids depending on the day.

Got bf down to around 10%

I actually do something similar to this

PSFM

my diet m-fri is protein shakes + nonfat greekyogurt + scoop of natural pb with each yogurt serving + 3-4 scoops of protein per

every once in a while tiny portions of meat or rice or eggs

my diet is like 1200-1500 calories m-fri morning , and fri night - sunday I gorge

most the time i try to stay under 50g carb during week to go into ketosis

Yes, I am fucking starving. I can't wait to eat tomorrow!!

it works - I have progress pics up in BIg A's thread. protein is around 350-400g per day . What a difference with it being that high!

Last edited:
are you talking bloat here...???? or bf%...???

i mean if you are downing a 1200k "shake"
whos not gotta get bloated....??? when you
eat whole food your eating considerably slower.
try wolfin down 2 chicken breasts and a banana
in 4 big gulps....see how that works for ya.....

getting your macros in whole food or shakes
will not change the way your body strips fat.....

i hate shakes....i never liked them, but if i had to
it would be to supplement my protein intake only.
with water and NOT pounded down in 5 seconds....

I drink a shake and I think I'm hungry 10 later, try to eat and feel like shit. Dieting just sucks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members