over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you have home gyms?

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was just curious how many of you train at home. My fiance has a home gym. I have always had a membership to the usual hole-n-the-wall local gym. I'm more motivated to workout when I go to the gym, so I'm having trouble adjusting to the home gym thing. He's got a great set up, but I have trouble getting into the right frame of mind. I know that must sound crazy. Hopefully I'll adjust to this soon. :eek:

I have one. I used to use the local boy's club. They had a nice set-up in there the only issue was they would close the club randomly making it hard to have a set schedule. When I came home from I Iraq, a home gym was one of the presents to myself.

Same thing I had a hard time getting into it at home. But after going to the club once or twice and having to deal with the 150lbs ILS boys all over again. I never looked back

I have a decent home gym....nothing fancy. There are times where i will train there for a month or so, but its always hard to get into the 'zone' when training at home.

I think its OK for an occasional workout, but id rather go to the local hole-in-the-wall.

best thing ive ever did,but mine is in the house ,good atmosphere,posters huge wall mirrors,techno, i like it cause you can rip youre top off train and pose,pull ulgy faces,but i have to do donkey calf raisers with the mrs on my back,but i know this makes her horney:D

I used to have a nice home gym but I found that for me personally, it wasn't my favorite. I prefer interaction with other gym rats like myself.

Not to high jack your thread OP, but what type of home gyms do you all have?

I use music to motivate me at home. If I didn't have music I think I would still be really skinny.

I have a home gym, power rack, smith machine, lat pulldown, leg ext, it pretty much does the job, I have alway's loved the "old school" type gyms so I ended up making my own in the garage and I love to crank the tunes I want to here and no distractions.

I have one, mainly cardio stuff as I hate that in the gym and it gives me the flexibility to do it whenever I like.

I have treadmill, 2 spin bikes, rowing machine, eliptical machine, dumbell freewights and a barbell and a incline bench, 2 swiss balls. I pretty much can avoid the gym if needs be. I only really use the treadmill and the eliptical however, oh and I got my home sauna which I have been talking about in another tread. My father owns a gym, so when the machines break down or need replacing I get prefrencial rates :)

All I have wanted at home is a squat rack, I don't like queing in the gym. :)

I have a home gym but havent used it for 5 years :eek: I joined lifetime fitness because it has so much more to offer than my home as room for. I just put an ad in the newspaper to sell it to someone who doesnt require as much.

Besides that people ringing my door bell, phone ringing etc, I just could not stay focused !

yeah, i've been training at home for at least the last 10 years, recently got some goodies that have really made it sweet. the best thing i like is the time factor, i never have to wait for equipment to get freed up and i don't spend time or gas money to get to a gym. don't want to spend time to list everything.

I train at home. Full commercial style gym though. All commercial equipment and rubber mats on the floors, full mirrors on the walls, downlights, climate control, etc.

I have a home gym in my parents basement that is only a mile or so down the road.

full squat rack, olympic bench, lat/row machine plus various barbell/dumbell combinations.

That being said, I train at a local gym that is next to my work. I split up 2 body parts into 2 gym sessions, once at noon, once after work.

I still use my old home gym on the days I have commitments right after work and/or when I can't get to the 'real' gym before it closes.

I have a full gym at home.

Commercial gym equipment. I love it there. I play the music I want, set up my stations and would much rather train there than anywhere else. Sometimes it's nice to go to a gym that has hammerstrength equipment and such. A different atmosphere is good to shake things up once in a while.

when i sold my gym i took the equipment that i wanted to put in my house..
i have a powerrack with cable system,
flex standing leg curl,
custom made leg press (hold 40 plates),
dumbells to 120lbs,
smith machine by ironmaster (plus numerous attachments),
1100 pounds of plates by irongrip,
olympic bars,
adjust benches,
custom made wide grip dip bar,
rubber matted floor ect..
mirrors..
i love being able to go to my door open it and have it all there.. at mid night or when ever.. would not join another gym.. my hours would not let me.. this way i can go and tuck my kids in bed and play with the wife and make it out there by mid night or so and start lifting..:cool:

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys have very good equipment and set the atmosphere to get you in the zone. I know all the benefits... get to listen to my own music, don't have to wait for equipment, can train in the nude, air conditioning, don't have to breakdown someone else weights before I can use the machine... I can think of a million reasons to train at home.

I think part of it is right now it's in his basement, and there isn't any over head lights. He's got a couple of lamps, but all in all I feel like I'm in a cave. It's so dark.

He has Ironmaster equipment, dumbbells, and attachments. He also has a tanning bed and treadmill, and I have a bike. He has a Total Gym machine, but he'll probably sell it. We're renovating a old retail store/warehouse building into home and office for his business. We've got the gym all planned out. It's going in the store front with rubber mat floor, mirrors, music & TV over the treadmill / bike area. I'm excited about it. I think once I get adjusted to coming home first instead going to the gym then it will become part of my routine.

I lift in an old beat up shed. I call it the dungeon. No heat, No AC, though I may get a small heater this winter. It was 10 degrees a few days last year in the place and that is damn cold. My workout is a mix of bodybuilding, strongman, olympic lifting, and athletic stuff. I couldn't do 1/2 of what I do in a commercial place. I'm REAL happy with it. I had more motivational problems when I went commercial for a few months last year. I did decide if the heat index gets in the 100s, I may go commercial for the day.

I had an almost complete gym, but it took too much space, so I sold out everything and took a Technogym Unica, one of the best machines...

...a waste of money

I prefere go to the gyms where I have been workin for years, for free, basically cos' training alone at home lead me to alienation.

sassy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
can train in the nude
Screenshot or it never happened

:devil:smi

LOL... I was wondering how close you guys read.

This was my finances' list of benefits... but I think it would be in his best interested if I kept my clothes on, so he stays focused. I wouldn't want to distract him from his training.

Train at home, still trying to build up decent gym. Need a leg press and I'll be set.

Love working out at home alot more than the local gym. All we have is YMCA and it seems to be a place for the yuppies to gather and socialize, take up space and gripe when you ask if you can work in on a piece of equipment.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws