advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much carbs and fat do you really need?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I could eat meat all day long, and really nothing but meat. I dont crave carbs or fats other than whats naturally occouring in meats. I'm a big fan of game meats and especially anything roasted on the bone.

For most of my serious training time I've followed Phil's eat when hungry with great results. The cool thing with that is you learn to figure out hunger and what it is your body is actually asking for. But it seems that mine is always asking for meat. So the question is really how much other stuff do you really need to eat?

I could eat meat all day long, and really nothing but meat. I dont crave carbs or fats other than whats naturally occouring in meats. I'm a big fan of game meats and especially anything roasted on the bone.

For most of my serious training time I've followed Phil's eat when hungry with great results. The cool thing with that is you learn to figure out hunger and what it is your body is actually asking for. But it seems that mine is always asking for meat. So the question is really how much other stuff do you really need to eat?

Answer: As much as your body demands.

I realized without hormones & HGH....very little carbs, and moderate fat(for me). With hormones and HGH, quite a bit of carbs and moderately low fat.

Answer: As much as your body demands.

I realized without hormones & HGH....very little carbs, and moderate fat(for me). With hormones and HGH, quite a bit of carbs and moderately low fat.

Same with me. As a natural, even 1.5g carbs per lb of bodyweight was too much for me. On the right hormones, I can eat 4g carbs per bodyweight and not gain an ounce of fat

You actually dont NEED any carbs to grow as a bodybuilder....

I'm on around 600 grams of complex carbs and I'm on mast test gh and slin and look like I'm about to do a comp.I never looked this good.

You actually dont NEED any carbs to grow as a bodybuilder....

I shrink and get week as piss without carbs. I use quite a lot of carbs even when cutting. Carbs imo pretty damn awesome and very tasty, especially bananas and sweet potato

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Is this your opinion or do you have viable data/studies that confirm this?

Trial and lots of error using myself as a ginnie pig for years using every diet protocol you can imagine LOL.... Not only do I grow better now (stay leaner) my health has improved ten fold removing carbs from my diet. Wish id known this stuff when id started tbfh... but every so called 'guru' told me otherwise.

Trial and lots of error using myself as a ginnie pig for years using every diet protocol you can imagine LOL.... Not only do I grow better now (stay leaner) my health has improved ten fold removing carbs from my diet. Wish id known this stuff when id started tbfh... but every so called 'guru' told me otherwise.

This means you need no carbs. Not the same applies to everyone.

Im always amazed how trainees are so diverse when it comes to diet.
You see a number of guys get big or shred down and you talk to them and they have a very different approach than one another.
I think Shelby does this with his clients, that is takes what he sees their bodies handle and make it better with a more solid strategy and plan, in contrast to other coaches who try to force another persons body into a completely different, and not always conducive, environment for gains or fat loss.
You can go on and on with people talking about what works best for them, and realize their are not really any wrong ways to do it so long as you are getting the desired result you are after.

I eat shit tons of protein, way more than average and it works for me, carbs moderate to high and fats fill in the rest.

This means you need no carbs. Not the same applies to everyone.

Same applys to EVERYONE... once you are 'fat adapted' there is absolutely zero need for carbs in your diet. The Bodys preferred fuel source is fats... not sugar.

Same applys to EVERYONE... once you are 'fat adapted' there is absolutely zero need for carbs in your diet. The Bodys preferred fuel source is fats... not sugar.

then how do you replenish glycogen stores

my body loves white rice, potatoes, and fruit as carb sources

lactose sugars and wheat products, not so much

my body likes high carbs when training heavy to put the mass on

having said that, my carb intake is dictated by the hormones i am using

i'm not an advocate of high protein diets

i feel that everything should be in a healthy proportion

to me, forcing my body to intake so much protein did not help, but rather bloated me and slowed down my digestion. so i felt that it did more harm than good.

on tren, i can eat whatever the fuck i want to eat and i will lose fat and gain muscle.

tren is a helluva drug

Last edited:
I wish ANY drug would do that for me, eat what the hell I want gain muscle and lose fat?
I have used the shit out of tren and it never did that for me.

I wish ANY drug would do that for me, eat what the hell I want gain muscle and lose fat?
I have used the shit out of tren and it never did that for me.

i actually only used tren for like 8 weeks. i started from 300mg and went up to 500mg some weeks. the side effects kind of got to me though, as it was my first time

but damn were the changes nothing short of spectacular.

perhaps i am sensitive to tren.

but i believe it is also due to my ectomorphic bodytype and high metabolism as well. never been fat in my whole life

i would like to one day, when i want to try to get as shredded and huge as possible, perhaps run up to 2g/week of tren like some competitors do.

I am really curious how sliced i'd be. i'm drooling just thinking about it :p:p:p

then how do you replenish glycogen stores

This is OLLLLD knowledge, gluconeogenesis discovered back either 1930 or 60's by Hanson and his partner.

No carbs are needed by humans for survival (if healthy human they can live just as long those with carbs).

To answer your question, it will convert (this is very simplified, so those in the know don't be critical) pyruvic acid will be converted to glucose-6-phosphate which then will be converted into glycogen (to glycogen stores) and glucose (to blood).

The OP asked "how musch carbs and fat do you REEEEAALLLLYYY NEEEED?" answer zero carbs (unless one has a special medical condition... it would be rare - cause even diabetics no matter the type still don't need carbs).

But he probably wants to know 'what is the optimal (or maybe he wants minimum) amount of carbs and fat that you need to optimally reach your physique goal?'

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner