over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how strict do you perform your reps?

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
very?
slight momentum?

Im very curious about this

I try to have slow, controlled negatives. I think it is better for growth.
I try to be explosive on the positive, which I think helps increase strength.

:yeahthat: Also, rather than forcing reps with bad form, I choose to do partials on many movements when I can no longer do full range.

:yeahthat: Also, rather than forcing reps with bad form, I choose to do partials on many movements when I can no longer do full range.

This. I finish the last set of each body part with some partials.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

performing weight training exercises with sloppy form will lead to injury.

I will swing a little/use body english on the last 2 reps to force them up with most isolation exercises. Compound movements I will use strict form because it's so damn easy to injure yourself.

performing weight training exercises with sloppy form will lead to injury.
learned this the hard way... very strict form (now) with some partial reps after failure on full range of motion for me as well

training 100% strict all the time dont get you far, imo

think about standing ez bar curls, ill do as many as i can with 100% form (say 8reps with 45k), then ill start adding momentum, but only a little to get an extra 4 reps out, am not talking about swinging your back or nothing

i think you need to me maybe 80%form/ 20% momentum, or maybe 90/10 for the last few reps, depends what the exercise is though.

i see so many people in gym using so much momentum when curling, i shocked they dont get injured.

I would say fairly strict but abbreviated ROM now, especially on things like presses and squats. When you start using a lot of momentum I feel that it is very stressful on your connective tissues.

The older I get the more strict I get. I think you learn to contract the muscle more as you age and stop focusing on just pushing weight

I started a new thing where I would use a weight where I could barely get 10 reps in, meaning the last rep would be a fight.. then I would hold the weight and recover for about 10 seconds, then squeeze out as many more reps as I can without breaking form to hard.

It allows you to do more reps with a weight that you wouldn't normally be able to do. The burn/pump is unreal, lol. (I think it just explained DC training, lolol)

I started a new thing where I would use a weight where I could barely get 10 reps in, meaning the last rep would be a fight.. then I would hold the weight and recover for about 10 seconds, then squeeze out as many more reps as I can without breaking form to hard.

It allows you to do more reps with a weight that you wouldn't normally be able to do. The burn/pump is unreal, lol. (I think it just explained DC training, lolol)

Static hold plus partial reps. Yes, DC training incorporates those. :)

Slow controlled negative and a forceful drive on the concentric. I try to be as consistent as possible with how every rep is performed so that when that exercise comes back around I have a fair gauge as to whether or not I am truly beating my log book or just cheating my reps.

I basically just try to follow the DC guidelines to the tee.

Last edited:
I've been a 3-0-1 or 4-0-1 tempo guy forever. This week, I will be training every body part twice so I'm going to speed up the tempo as i don't want the damage to be too deep to alllow for a second training...

What about rows or lat pulldowns, do you guys use you lower back for menentum?

^^^ as long as you feel the muscle, I don't think it matters. But on pulldowns, I never, ever see big guys doing them super strict, it takes out the animal factor you gotta put in.

It's like when you're plowing your wife, gf or whatever... Do you wanna go all slow and controlled, you just pound the shit out of her? I prefer the previous and like to train the same way!

Depends on the exercise.

For example, squats are strict, barbell curls get a couple cheat reps thrown in at the end of the last set.

What about rows or lat pulldowns, do you guys use you lower back for menentum?

I swing a bit. Nothing excessive. It helps go a little heavier than you normally would sitting still.

strictly use different rep ranges, different range of motion and different tempos

I say strictly because it is planned and thought out
people always think and say all kinds of ...stuff, b/c they think their way is the only way

A little controlled momentum can and often is necessary when doing negative reps in order to move throughout the positive portion of the motion so i use momentum but in a very controlled and limited fashion.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131