advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I had an evaluation on the job today and the guy was drunk.

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I don't know if any of you have had a similar experience, but I kept on giggling. I don't know why. After the guy left one of the kids asked me if I was drinking!

I asked, "Why?" He said, well it smells like whiskey in here. I said, "Naw, it's not me."

I don't know if any of you have had something like this happen, but I thought it was pretty funny in some respects. Today was the last day for those to be completed and I am sure he was sweating bullets to finish. I watched the guy teetering down the hall to other classrooms.

I am not one to rat someone out, so I won't say anything, but I can only imagine what would have happened if our positions were reversed.

At one of the prior hospitals I worked at, the President would come drunk all the time....but he'd try to hide it with cologne and god whatever else he had on.

LOL, this is pretty funny though. I guess one night he went out drinking at a shit-kicker bar, and he was trying to pick-up on this lady in there.....but she was a nurse at the hospital and he didn't even know it. Word got around fast. Something else happened though, and for the life of me, I cannot remember what it was:confused:

She did something to him and he got all embarrassed that night at the bar...lol.

BMJ

All I know is-

- that evaluation I signed better be MAGNIFICENT! Lol. We've been going over the nervous system and I had them watching National Geographic "fight science" today. We were having a blast! We know all sorts of things now regarding how a taser affects the nerves and muscles. It also takes 12 pounds of pressure to rupture and ear drum.

Kids all want in my class! lol. Biology vocabulary has never been more exciting. :D

We were talking about the Olfactory bulb [and other sensory organs the other day] and compared the pathetic human sniffer with that of a drug dog. As you can tell, I deviate from the text OFTEN.

In spite of that fact the human olfactory bulb is quite capable of smelling Jack Daniels at 8:45 am!

Tasers

Yeah those tasers are no joke -- doesn't the electrical charge disrupt and confuse the nerve impulses of the body and the brain loses motor control because it is not able to understand the signals? Weird stuff really. And that is nuts that that guy was drunk, WTF?

Fight Science is an awesome show, I've been able to catch a few epsiodes late at night. What I find really funny is your student knew what whiskey smelt like!

My wife is an HR manager and she was telling me a story about people interviewing for jobs drunk, stoned, all kinds of crap.

Ivan, that's exactly correct.

Yeah those tasers are no joke -- doesn't the electrical charge disrupt and confuse the nerve impulses of the body and the brain loses motor control because it is not able to understand the signals? Weird stuff really. And that is nuts that that guy was drunk, WTF?

I wasn't exactly sure how it all worked until I watched the whole thing while they had this guy from Seal Team Six hooked up to an EKG. But, yeah, the electricity jams signals from the brain to the muscles, so you can't move. lol.

The kids loved watching it and we talked about it. It kept showing people getting arrested by the cops and everyone was stiff as a board. They were helpless, doing the funky chicken all over the place.

UNTIL...the Seal Team Six guy got tasered. Somehow that dude WAS able to get a message through to his muscles, because as he was falling he managed to get an arm up and jerk those electrodes out. He hit the deck and got right back up! You could tell he was pissed that he fell at all. I LOVED THAT.

The researchers determined that the taser was NOT always effective. :)

The drunk/supervisor- I have known him for years. He is an alcoholic and when he makes the mistake of drinking enough on a week night- he goes on a bender for a few days. Apparently, he hadn't gotten his act together by this morning. :eek:

Yeah, I love that show too.

Fight Science is an awesome show, I've been able to catch a few epsiodes late at night. What I find really funny is your student knew what whiskey smelt like!

I was watching it one night and I thought, "I could use this for my classes sometimes!" My classroom is so bad-ass. I have a projector on the ceiling. It's hooked up to my computer and I have a huge screen in the front of the room. I can get online, type in DISCOVERYSCHOOL.COM/VIDEO and watch all sorts of terrific programs that deal with everything we are studying in biology. I type in Cephalopods and wham a multitude of squid and octopus videos to choose from. Same thing if I want Krebs's cycle, photosynthesis, xylem/phloem, meiosis, mitosis, archaebacteria, DNA, whatever.

Makes my job WAY easier and far less boring.

My sister hires for this kids home, KScowboy.

My wife is an HR manager and she was telling me a story about people interviewing for jobs drunk, stoned, all kinds of crap.

She says the same thing. All sorts of dipshits show up in sandals, dirty disheveled clothing, drunk or glassy-eyed for job interviews. What the hell? lol

I don't know if any of you have had a similar experience, but I kept on giggling. I don't know why. After the guy left one of the kids asked me if I was drinking!

I asked, "Why?" He said, well it smells like whiskey in here. I said, "Naw, it's not me."

I don't know if any of you have had something like this happen, but I thought it was pretty funny in some respects. Today was the last day for those to be completed and I am sure he was sweating bullets to finish. I watched the guy teetering down the hall to other classrooms.

I am not one to rat someone out, so I won't say anything, but I can only imagine what would have happened if our positions were reversed.

I had a grade 10 social studys teacher who drank vodka & orange crush.He was a ww11 vet,we all knew but never ratted him out.All we had to do was ask about the war & the films came out & he would leave the class room.He was actually in those films.Rememberance day was a party day for him.I only seen him throw a buddy against the lockers once.My buddy deserved it.We still laugh about today,because he did deserve it.I'm friends with the teachers son to this day.

Lol. Yeah, vodka is a good choice because it's odorless.

I had a grade 10 social studys teacher who drank vodka & orange crush.He was a ww11 vet,we all knew but never ratted him out.All we had to do was ask about the war & the films came out & he would leave the class room.He was actually in those films.Rememberance day was a party day for him.I only seen him throw a buddy against the lockers once.My buddy deserved it.We still laugh about today,because he did deserve it.I'm friends with the teachers son to this day.

And....you have to be intoxicated or off your rocker to stay in education very long! ;):)

I got pissed off earlier this year at a kid who was threatening another student, not doing any work, and in general being an ass. I kicked him out and he called me a few names. I am a "white prick" ....lol...but I don't like it pointed out to me all the time! lmfao. I told him that his mouth was going to get him in real trouble some day.

Well, justice happened the other day at noon in a gym full of students. This same guy I kicked out made the mistake of calling this big, "slightly" effeminate boy a "fag". Well the "fag" didn't much like it and beat his ass down in front of the whole school. I laughed for three days!

I shook the winners hand and am taking him to lunch on Monday. That really happened, I shit you not.

And....you have to be intoxicated or off your rocker to stay in education very long! ;):)

I got pissed off earlier this year at a kid who was threatening another student, not doing any work, and in general being an ass. I kicked him out and he called me a few names. I am a "white prick" ....lol...but I don't like it pointed out to me all the time! lmfao. I told him that his mouth was going to get him in real trouble some day.

Well, justice happened the other day at noon in a gym full of students. This same guy I kicked out made the mistake of calling this big, "slightly" effeminate boy a "fag". Well the "fag" didn't much like it and beat his ass down in front of the whole school. I laughed for three days!

I shook the winners hand and am taking him to lunch on Monday. That really happened, I shit you not.

O, no you didn't. *LOL*. I remember in the 7th grade, almost same scenario. was a guy named "Ashley". Everyone called him a "fag". Well, one of the older boys went a little to far. "Ashley" beat the ever living heck out of the older boy. He never had a problem after that *LOL*. He over night, gained allot of friends. *LOL*. Good story! I enjoyed that. It's not right, but stuff happens. *LOL*

Actually that is really interesting

I wasn't exactly sure how it all worked until I watched the whole thing while they had this guy from Seal Team Six hooked up to an EKG. But, yeah, the electricity jams signals from the brain to the muscles, so you can't move. lol.

The kids loved watching it and we talked about it. It kept showing people getting arrested by the cops and everyone was stiff as a board. They were helpless, doing the funky chicken all over the place.

UNTIL...the Seal Team Six guy got tasered. Somehow that dude WAS able to get a message through to his muscles, because as he was falling he managed to get an arm up and jerk those electrodes out. He hit the deck and got right back up! You could tell he was pissed that he fell at all. I LOVED THAT.

The researchers determined that the taser was NOT always effective. :)

The drunk/supervisor- I have known him for years. He is an alcoholic and when he makes the mistake of drinking enough on a week night- he goes on a bender for a few days. Apparently, he hadn't gotten his act together by this morning. :eek:

I have also heard about tasers being ineffective on a small minority of ppl. Interestingly, evidently meth addicts' brain chemistry changes so much, especially whilst under the influence of the drug, that tasers are somewhat useless with these folks. Crazy huh?

Blood Chemistry-

I have also heard about tasers being ineffective on a small minority of ppl. Interestingly, evidently meth addicts' brain chemistry changes so much, especially whilst under the influence of the drug, that tasers are somewhat useless with these folks. Crazy huh?

I took this class called psychopharmacology a couple years ago and it was shocking. You mentioning how a meth addicts blood chemisty is altered to such a degree that it provides some immunity to the "taser treatment" triggered some thoughts about what I learned in the class.

They did a multitude of tests on people taking placebos and in many the drugs "worked" even if they were bogus, in that the blood/brain chemistry actually changed even when the drugs were inert.

Here is what struck me as incredible and totally applicable in everyday life. Even smiling can change brain chemistry. So folks who are depressed can significantly improve their situation and consciously change their mental state by thinking happy thoughts, surrounding themselves with fun, positive people. So for the average person, it makes sense to do just that!

Sadly, the opposite is also true. Once someone allows themselves to go too far down the rabbit-hole, the chemicals are also altered in a negative way and the climb out becomes a monster. Listlessness, lack of desire, the effort to do anything seems enormous.

So that old saying, As a man thinks, so is he, sure applies.

The problem is most of us have that negative feedback loop running though our heads all day long. We rarely think anything positive about ourselves! I catch myself doing that- Big head, big nose, jaws too big, small arms, vericose veins, not enough money, my job pisses me off, fat, etc...the list goes on!

It's WORK to make myself say nice things about myself. That repetition is needed to counteract the negative crap. Discipline I don't always have.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

man that's so awesome!!!

i wish i had a teacher like you :)

Did he drive himself their?

Did he drive himself away??

Its not considered being a "Rat" if lives are at stake !!

J.T.
You work on an Indian reservation? I grew up around a lot of native americans in the Dakotas,mainly Sioux indians.Unfortunately, there is a lot of alcoholism in their culture as I am sure you know.

I grew up with kids whos parents would get there check and drink it up by the end of the weekend.

And do you really like rock bands that play flutes??:eek::D

Excellent points and I agree, Gunsmith.

Did he drive himself their?

Did he drive himself away??

Its not considered being a "Rat" if lives are at stake !!

His wife drove him in. I watched her enter the parking lot from the weight room window in the school gym. She actually was carrying all his stuff, brief case, bags, etc in the school. Again, not making it up. That what was what clued me in that he wasn't in very good shape yesterday.

I fully agree with you as I used to be on the ambulance crew.

Yeah, it's a huge problem, the alcoholism.

J.T.
You work on an Indian reservation? I grew up around a lot of native americans in the Dakotas,mainly Sioux indians.Unfortunately, there is a lot of alcoholism in their culture as I am sure you know.

I grew up with kids whos parents would get there check and drink it up by the end of the weekend.

And do you really like rock bands that play flutes??:eek::D

Jethro Tull was playing on the radio in 97 when I first logged on to an underground bodybuilding board. I should have chosen something better than "Jethro Tull"!

Something like HUGECOCKSTALLION! Lol. :D

Jethro Tull was playing on the radio in 97 when I first logged on to an underground bodybuilding board. I should have chosen something better than "Jethro Tull"!

Something like HUGECOCKSTALLION! Lol. :D

ha ha ha thats good!!:)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads