over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

i miss mike

Yeah, seems like boxing sucks anymore. I remember getting psyched up for a Tyson fight when I was a kid. When Tyson fought, it was like the Super Bowl or something. You MADE time to see Tyson fight. I would rather watch QVC than boxing anymore.

So I ask you respectfully what evidence do we have that he was great much less one of the greatest?

Did you not ever watch him fight? LOL.

He had talent and ability beyond any other fighter I've seen.

He was, however, piss poor at controlling that talent and keeping himself focused. D'Amato was the only one who could keep him emotionally centered and concentrating on doing the things he needed to be doing (in and out of the ring) to be successful.

Once Don King came in the discipline flew out the f_cking window and Tyson reverted to be a hard-puching brawler instead of a gracefully powerful boxer. He also lost any sense of emotional stablity he had when he was with D'Amato, as was evident in his outside the ring antics, as well as when he disgraced himself by munching on Holyfield's ear.

Tyson had what it took to be the best ever, but he couldn't do it alone. Cus D'Amato MADE Tyson the success he was, without him Tyson would have never rose to the level he did.

Signing with Don King certainly proved that.

Evander Holyfield, when Tyson knew he was in trouble he bit his ear, that was pathetic and made me lose all respect for that freak.

IMO to label him a freak is quite a big insult. the guy BLATANTLY had problems. stemming from both childhood and through to his treatment in adult life. I've had friends that have met him and all have said he's not all there but when you look him in the eyes he's almost childlike. you see a person looking for solace and to be free of the circus that was his life soon as don king took him over.

he was a talent that was tainted by a greedy person who he viewed as a caring figure but at no point would i ever call the guy a freak. he had issuis that werent looked after as he needed.

I'll admit that tyson was a tuff SOB but he had no smarts. Whoever gets in bed with King is a retard, Ali found out the hard way and was smart enough to break away from King. It would be hard to say who the greatest fighter was so far. Marciano retired undefeated but he only fought a few really tuff guys from what I've read about him. Even so, to reitre undefeated has to say something.

Actually records when he was in a juvenile detention center indicate his IQ was below 70 , which would make him eligible to be consider mentally retarded.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear