over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I think I tore my pec

Tman2002

Registered
I didnt get a good warm up and went from 225 for 8 reps to 315 for 8 fast reps then we went to 365 and I was going to blast 365 as fast as I could. I got half way thru the first rep and I had what felt like my shirt tearing right were my pec connets into my shoulder.

That hurt worse than anything I've ever experinced. I let out a scream that brought a most of the gym around the bench. My spotter pulls it off of me and I slide of the side of the bench and sit there for a minute. My buddies take my shirt off to see if its had started bruising. So I'm sitting there on the floor with my shirt off. I'm feeling like a dumbass cause everyone staring at me now.

Its been about 2 hours and I iced it immediatly. Still no bruising but somethings definatly not right. I injuered it in the same spot a few weeks ago and I took it light for a while but this is a lot worse.

If it bruises I'll see a doc what else should I do for now? Ive iced twice 20 min on and about 20 off. I'm goin to take at least 2 weeks off probably more.

Ok I just woke up and I cant move my arm. My chest is killing me and my whole left pec is swollen. I'm goin to the doc.

ya need any advice let me know i had a full on pec tear and tendon rupture, boy was that a fun 6 months :(

Wow it sounds like a tear. It may not bruise immediately-may take about 36hrs.
My friend Johnny Bravo may be able to enlighten you, he suffered this injury. :(

Well Its swollen and I have a bruise thats grown from the size of a penny this morning to the size of a softball now. I think my docs a quack he gave me some ultram and a shot and told me to come back in a week. He said its to swolen to tell how much damage is done.

Whats the next thing I should do?

Can you give me details on your surgery Edge?

I'd get to a sports Dr to let them look at it. If it's bruising...it's most likely torn. I tore my pec a while back and it took about 24 hrs for a little bruising to appear. With each day it got worse to the point that I was bruised from my armpit to my waist. A MRI will probably need to be done to see what damage has been done. It may be a partial tear and could heal on it's own or a full tear would require surgery. Most Dr's want the swelling to go down before they operate.

you need to go see an orthopedic surgeon, particulary one that has worked with alot of atheletes. like you mine didnt bruise until about 12-14 hours later, then i was black and purple all the way down my bicep and down into my armpit. it would be a good idea for you to put your arm in a sling until you find dr. that knows what to do. if the tendon is torn time is of the essence as the ruptured tendon will begin to atrophy and shorten making it more difficult to reconnect the tendon in its original place. in my particular case i tore the tendon completly and the muscle clear off the bone, sounded like a shotgun going off. i had my surgery roughly 3 weeks after the incident they cut me in the fold of the arm right in front of the armpit. they drilled holes in my clavicle and reconnected them about 2inches inward towards the middle of my chest, that was the farthest they could stretch it. it healed over a period of about 3-4months, lots of physical therapy. it was extremely painful i was on oxycotin and percasets and was out of it for a good 3 weeks. once the sling came off in 6 weeks it felt as if my arm was sewn to my body, again you slowly stretch it all back out with p.t. once i resumed normal training which i would say was month 5 i could press the hammer strength machine with no weight added, talk about depressing. it all effected my back training as pulldowns and such stretch that area. i slowly added weight little by little and after about 3-4months was just as strong as i was before being injured. i will never do flat bench press's again but can do anything else. my pec has no outter sweep to it, it just goes straight up now so i cant compete, well i could but it would look strange. i just love to train anyways so i happy i had the surgery as i'm stronger than ever. doc told me i might tear another pec but it wouldn't be that one as he said he made sure it was in there for good. they told me if i didnt have the surgery the muscle would atrophy and i would have problems in that area the rest of my life. they said the muscle would not get stronger or develop if it was not reconnected. i dont regret getting it fixed at all even though it doesnt look the best. if i could have changed anything i would have used gh to help the tendon heal faster.

Try to have an MRI as soon as possible and also try to find a sports doctor experienced in athletes.

Thanks edge I'll try to post some pics just in case anyones wondering what this looks like. I havent seen any and would like to have something to compare too. Its gotten more painful and the bruising is getting worse.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws