over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Iain V is retiring from bb comp

He was having issues with something in his overall life that was limiting his training if you were watching closely. Not sure if it was nerve damage or something hormonal metabolic but he seemed to be searching for something at the end like changing training methods and working with hypertrophy coaches. His head wasn't into it. I do feel he will come back at sometime in the competition mode
How was his training limited?

He was having issues with something in his overall life that was limiting his training if you were watching closely. Not sure if it was nerve damage or something hormonal metabolic but he seemed to be searching for something at the end like changing training methods and working with hypertrophy coaches. His head wasn't into it. I do feel he will come back at sometime in the competition mode
It’s amazing how fast you lose it when your head’s not in it. He had stopped doing videos as much and was known for his intense heavy ass training.

You stop that and just don’t want it mentally- it will show at his level on a stage.

Need to respect his decision. He his going out on his terms and on a high.

Personally I don’t think he would make top 12, and it would be going out on a low if he done it after the O.

He knows if he wants to keep going he will need to increase everything including the dosages and it’s obviously not that appealing anymore which is wise.

Goodluck to the dude, hope he has a healthy family.

He will make a great coach IMO.

Ronnie and Phils eras were not competitive. They wiped the floor. Last year we had a new champ, this year that could happen again. Theres about 3-4 guys who could win although I lean to 3 of them, Hadi, Derek and Samson. That is competitive.
Correct. This is one of the best eras in bodybuilding and people are going to look back at it as a "second golden era" in the future. Super competitive, bodybuilders average level just keeps getting better and better, judging improved to punish the bubble guts that were getting rewarded from the 2000s up until the mid 2010s. It's a very good time to be a fan of the sport and anyone who says the average level was higher in the 90s is smokin crack.

Correct. This is one of the best eras in bodybuilding and people are going to look back at it as a "second golden era" in the future. Super competitive, bodybuilders average level just keeps getting better and better, judging improved to punish the bubble guts that were getting rewarded from the 2000s up until the mid 2010s. It's a very good time to be a fan of the sport and anyone who says the average level was higher in the 90s is smokin crack.
I like this take. There’s too much old man get off my lawn shit going on today. I also like what was mentioned above - we should stop comparing eras and stick to comparing the competitors within each era. They’re a lot of guys on here more knowledgeable in judging and the history of bodybuilding but I think it’s unfair sometimes to compare due to the tans, lighting, picture quality. It’s like we’re comparing apples to oranges at times - not apples to apples.

I like this take. There’s too much old man get off my lawn shit going on today. I also like what was mentioned above - we should stop comparing eras and stick to comparing the competitors within each era. They’re a lot of guys on here more knowledgeable in judging and the history of bodybuilding but I think it’s unfair sometimes to compare due to the tans, lighting, picture quality. It’s like we’re comparing apples to oranges at times - not apples to apples.
IMG_3542.gif

🤣 sorry I couldn’t resist.

You can't be surprised they all looked better in the 90's because don't you know all the drugs were better in the 90's. It's been all downhill since. My friend blew up 40 pounds in 1 week from 5mg avar and was benching 700 pounds after 6 weeks training in 93.

You can't be surprised they all looked better in the 90's because don't you know all the drugs were better in the 90's. It's been all downhill since. My friend blew up 40 pounds in 1 week from 5mg avar and was benching 700 pounds after 6 weeks training in 93.
But we also trained harder back then... the lazy gen z mushroom hair cut instagram tiktok kids are so lazy these days never lowering carbs to anything lower than 200g! BAck in my day we ate negative 2000 calories and used a time machine to do 27 hours of cardio per day and put on a blindfold to never see a carbohydrate.

Now there are no stomachs, no, but you have a lot more obvious SEO on top athletes, I guess thats an improvementt.

Not to mention that 20 or 30 years ago, there was only female and male bodybuilding.

Now in any show, amateur or pro, less than 30% of athletes are bodybuilders.

So how on earth is bodybuilding better now than before?

I could go on and on, but it's well covered in this threads:

VERY good decision for Iian.
i cant think of one guy in the Mr O line up that he could beat.
One of most overrated physiques ever imo.
its becoming a shape AND size game. like nick walker is in trouble...

32 yrs old tho!? thats nuts. i was at my prime at 32...

Good for Ian. Hope he has a good escape plan.

I think this was the right decision for him overall. He's obviously still winning shows, but I'm not sure his physique was improving, just keeping him in the mix. Sure he could keep beating the hell out of himself and his health to keep performing at this level, but what can he do to improve? Get bigger? He's already one of the biggest most conditioned guys on stage. I think his physique was maxed out, and it isn't very satisfying to rewarding to keep competing without continuing to improve in significant ways.

Good for him. He's gotten out unscathed as far as I can tell. Made a career and an online presence out of his competitive performance, got nothing to be ashamed of.

It's a very good time to be a fan of the sport and anyone who says the average level was higher in the 90s is smokin crack.

You really think todays line up is better than the 90s with Dorian, Flex, Levrone, Ray…etc? I guess what looks “good” is subjective, but the guys from the 90s still imo had the best physiques.

I havent listened to much from him but in the recent pic posted he mentioned being able to run? What are his new goals? Is there a specific sport he’s training for or just trying to be healthier?

I havent listened to much from him but in the recent pic posted he mentioned being able to run? What are his new goals? Is there a specific sport he’s training for or just trying to be healthier?
It’s all in his long ass retirement video. 😂 but he doesn’t fully know, but wants to keep training, run and do more functional stuff. Which I think is great.

Off topic a bit, but I was a huge mariusz pudzianowski fan as a kid. He broke so many records in WSM. He got out early and now still looks insane and is an MMA fighter.

I think Ian would make a great coach and know he will excel at whatever comes next with his work ethic.

It’s all in his long ass retirement video. 😂 but he doesn’t fully know, but wants to keep training, run and do more functional stuff. Which I think is great.

Off topic a bit, but I was a huge mariusz pudzianowski fan as a kid. He broke so many records in WSM. He got out early and now still looks insane and is an MMA fighter.

I think Ian would make a great coach and know he will excel at whatever comes next with his work ethic.
I know that Kris Gethin started doing Ironmans at one point. I put my bodybuilding lifestyle on hold for 18 months to do an Ironman in 2018 to honor Pat Tillman, it is definitely a different mentality and lifestyle than BB, but it is a way to still channel that competitive fire / have a goal, etc. Im glad I did it. I know some other PED guys that were huge, and decided to downsize and that got out of the BB game and started doing OCR and love it.

also

Mariusz is my favorite and the greatest WSM of all time, no one will ever change my mind. Honorable mentions go to Jouko Ahola, Jesse Marunde (RIP), Big Mikey Jenkins (RIP), and Kevin Nee

You really think todays line up is better than the 90s with Dorian, Flex, Levrone, Ray…etc? I guess what looks “good” is subjective, but the guys from the 90s still imo had the best physiques.

In the 90s plenty of pros and fans complained about the direction of bodybuilding. According to Labrada Dorian "was just a side of beef" with no aesthetics or cuts, this was after some post-Olympia photoshoot he had seen. Vince Taylor said Dorian only won because of racism, "they always have to mix in some vanilla." Almost all post-Dorian bbers were shit according to many. Nasser was horrible due to the pathetically poorly applied Synthol. No one was in shape anymore or judges judged the competitors asses too much and conditioning was prized too much ("it's supposed to be body-building, not body-dieting. Besides getting that conditoned is dangerous as hell"). Lee Priest complained about the emphasis on glute shreds, and what do you know, his ass never got conditioned lol. The judges never cared about "symmetry" anymore (though almost no one knew what the word actually meant, just like today). They all walk around with their tupperware everywhere which was pathetic.
Arnold said the bodybuilders looked pathetic with their thick necks, looked especially bad in a suit, plus other times they looked like slobs due to how they dressed. Plus they even smelled bad haha. Of course Arnold can say whatever the hell he pleases, so not too many complaints about his comments, I think Yates was one of the rare who dared to be critical of him. Would you believe Arnold suggested adding an athletic component to bodybuilding to "fix it"! "Everyone looks the same" was a common complaint, in the Golden days one guy was known for his legs, another for his arms, now they were too evenly developed and looked the same. Yes, this is what was said in the 90s and early 00s.

Milos often says no one is as conditioned as in the 90s, but was Milos known for shreds or was his ass in particular ever conditioned? No. Plus everyone said Milos was the very reason it all went to shit due to the insulin - insulin being the worst thing to happen to bodybuilding.
Today Levrone says he couldn't get really conditioned due to the growth hormone after 1992 lol.

Flex was great but his body was just a mess of Synthol later on and his ass never got conditioned either. Those calves were a complete abomination IMHO lol.

Regardless of what happens the earlier generations will always complain about the new guys. Though there have been a few old-timers who have said they are awestruck by the current cream of the crop. IMO the very top guys were genetically spectacular in the 90s but there were plenty of bad ones too.

I think Ronnie said Bumstead is the best bodybuilder he has seen. Can't argue with that, it's subjectivee.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131