over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Iain V is retiring from bb comp

A lot of honesty in his speech.

Great for him and amazing they want to build a family. There is no greater happiness than having a child IMO.

Wise decision

He’s way overrated anyways.. he and Hunter
Disagree with this. Ian may come off as a dick but he’s always been very honest and realistic about his bodybuilding career. He’s acknowledged many times he was never going to win The O. I always liked how humble he was when it came to that. And not sure how you can call him overrated when he’s placed top 10 at The O I believe 3 times and has 6 pro wins. And don’t forget he coached Cbum for years before Hany while also competing at a high level himself.

Don’t think it’s fair to compare him to Hunter. Hunter is a nice guy but he actually believes he can win The O which I guess is both admirable and sad at the same time 😬.

Disagree with this. Ian may come off as a dick but he’s always been very honest and realistic about his bodybuilding career. He’s acknowledged many times he was never going to win The O. I always liked how humble he was when it came to that. And not sure how you can call him overrated when he’s placed top 10 at The O I believe 3 times and has 6 pro wins. And don’t forget he coached Cbum for years before Hany while also competing at a high level himself.

Don’t think it’s fair to compare him to Hunter. Hunter is a nice guy but he actually believes he can win The O which I guess is both admirable and sad at the same time 😬.

I say he is overrated because he has been placing higher than he deserves to (IMO)

Going on stage with no calves, no back, no triceps and a second-rate chest and placing in the top 10 at the O is an absolute joke

It’s good that he’s realistic.. would be pretty comical otherwise

I say he is overrated because he has been placing higher than he deserves to (IMO)

Going on stage with no calves, no back, no triceps and a second-rate chest and placing in the top 10 at the O is an absolute joke

Agree that he would not be placing as high in other eras. But at the same time you can’t blame him. It’s not like he’s sucking Manion’s cock for a higher placing. If anything it’s the opposite lol.

Agree that he would not be placing as high in other eras. But at the same time you can’t blame him. It’s not like he’s sucking Manion’s cock for a higher placing. If anything it’s the opposite lol.
I agree and think Ian has always made the most of what he’s had. Which is all anyone can do in this sport.

And he doesn’t play politics or have a famous father with a brand (Hunter), which you have to respect.

Self-made and he brought us CBUM. Gotta respect that guy.

IMG_3387.jpeg

Weren't him and Jansen trying to figure out what was going on with his chest awhile back?

Wonder if that is in any way related. I didn't watch the full video.

Weren't him and Jansen trying to figure out what was going on with his chest awhile back?

Wonder if that is in any way related. I didn't watch the full video.
It’s a long ass video. LOL but he claims he’s healthy and injury free in it.

IMO he looked great early 2022 and went downhill from there. He just didn’t have that same fullness this year with Matt.

But in all fairness after seeing the video his head just wasn’t in it anymore. That translates to workouts and every aspect of this sport.

Good that he's been able to retire on his own terms rather than health or injury forcing it cos I'm sure when you're forced, it must be a mental struggle to adapt

A pro retiring (not dying). Great news! Sounds pretty intelligent in his reasons.
Wish him only the best as he transitions into a new chapter of his life.

White guys don't look good in photos. I've seen Iain win multiple shows IN PERSON and it was never really close. The depth and 3d just seems to disappear with guys like hunter and iain. The internet went crazy when they thought Antoine should have won in Vancouver 2022 but it was not even close. He has never won a show he should have won and if you think so, well then Im happy you are not an IFBB judge.

I'm happy to hear that he got to go out on his own terms. You could tell earlier in the year that he seemed a bit off. I think the reality of him slipping and staying outside of the top 10 with all the new talent really got to him. He had a pretty solid career and left at the age of 32.

A couple of my favorite shots of his:

1694121026746.png 1694121117565.png

We all crest the hill sooner or later and for most of us our "hill" was a molehill compared to his mountain. Good for him and his.

hes young wonder if it was an emotional decision and he comes out of retirement later on? either way good for him .

What do you guys speculate causing him to what other have said “lose his back”? I mean it’s seems like 32 is too you to have significant atrophy when some guys almost a decade older were just hitting their stride...Hadi, Andrew, Shawn?

What do you guys speculate causing him to what other have said “lose his back”? I mean it’s seems like 32 is too you to have significant atrophy when some guys almost a decade older were just hitting their stride...Hadi, Andrew, Shawn?
He’s been lifting and at it since a teenager. I think he’s being real in his video. He knows he’s maxed out and wants to go out on top. Very respectable.

At that level you can only keep the peddle down that hard so long. He spoke about not even knowing what he likes to eat with Melissa. I totally get that. Years of prep and off-season like prep. I have no clue what I would eat if I wasn’t a competitor. It really is all consuming as he said. You’re a machine.

With his back, I think he just went too far and his head wasn’t in it. You stop rowing heavy, deadlifting, rack pulls etc bc your heads not there and it will show. Add that on-top of over a decade of grueling training. It adds up. Not everyone started as young as he did. Look at Jay- he always said he would retire in his early 30’s for the same reasons… he couldn’t hang it up and injuries started and just wasn’t the same.

Know when it’s time for the next chapter in this game. 😊

I have always liked his personality. To be fair it's perfect timing in many ways. One thing he missed out and it will definitely be up there with why he is retiring now (and not after the Olympia) is the fact I think it would only be a downward journey from now. He is retiring before that happens. As he stated he is fairly young but he has been competing and pushing hard for 15 years and his body is definitely starting to show signs it's not responding the way it used to do. If you couple that with less drive and motivation of course it's the right decision but I think even if he was 100% mentally willing I believe the only way he can go is backwards from here.

This years O is going to be the most competitive in years. You have new talent, most of the top regulars are still there and on top of that you have guys who have been competing the last few years who are really hitting their stride now. Even if Iain comes in looking decent he would be lucky to make top 10 this year with everyone who should be competing. He finished 11th last year and 7th the year before and I can't see him doing better. I think if the likes of Regan (fellow Canadian) were to beat him this year that would really hurt. Although forgetting individuals just overall the talent in this years O is going to very high so with all things considered I think it's a good decision. He has a lot to offer away from competing so I am sure this decision will only bring him joy.

He has been a top bodybuilder for years and had a great career. I think he has achieved everything his body will allow so he should only walk away and be proud of his accomplishments.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131