over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ian Harrison

BIG DUB

Registered
Sup' bros,

I was reading a thread on Ian Harrison's gear use and wondered if anyone including pros could comment on his style of use where you basically load the first 2 weeks with your highest dose then use prop@100mg EOD for the last 4 weeks then 3 weeks clean and start all over. Sounds pretty good and may give it a try. What do yall think?

THAT CYCLE OR THOSE LIKE IT WERE VERY POPULAR ESPECIALLY IN EUROPEAN CIRCLES.. it was from brian batchelors (sic) theories about roid use.. short cycles and fast acting compounds for short periods of time..

IMO short cycles do not give you enough time to acclimate to your new muscle/strength. The longer you hold it the more likely it is to become permanent gains. Plus you start getting good gains in your cycle and -
Bam! you have to stop. That would suck.
13-16wks for me.

some guys respond better to shorter heavier cycles.....but i know that most gains start to happen at weeks 3 onward...

LATS said:
THAT CYCLE OR THOSE LIKE IT WERE VERY POPULAR ESPECIALLY IN EUROPEAN CIRCLES.. it was from brian batchelors (sic) theories about roid use.. short cycles and fast acting compounds for short periods of time..

yea i remember batcheldor had some interesting views on how to go about gear usage, the only thing that was weird to me was he was stuck on a 70/30 anabolic:androgenic ratio because some romanian scientists or something had determined that it was ideal, but i just do not believe it and it seems hard really give reliable anabolic to androgenic ratios

i mean deca is considered more anabolic than test, but who really gets better gains off of deca than test, part of the anabolic effect of test is from it's androgenicity

I don't think that was the only type of cycle he ran, he was in Paul Borresen's camp for a while. I've got a video of Ian and Paul in seminar somewhere, I'll watch it again and see what Ian says about his cycles.

When I used gear I always did short cycles with fast acting gear . I never enjoyed being on [ besides for the strength increases and and added size that is ] . My body was very sensitive to gear and I realize now my doses were too high[although nothing crazy ] .I hated the way I felt after two weeks on gear . Always honey but sex wasn't as good .[ took forever to cum , didn't feel as good when I did , and my loads would be next to nothing ........also trouble sleeping ....I know some guys get no sides like this and lucky them , but to me after 4 weeks I needed time off to let my body normalize abit .....plus I trained very hard back then after 3-4 weeks my body needed me to back off alittle ] Short cycles worked great for me . I would gain 5-10 lbs and keep most of it . This and doggcraps methods allowed me to go from a lean 228 to a lean 293 [ at my best , although there were times that I wasn't so lean at this weight, at my best I was pretty darn lean and would have hit the stage at 255 - 263 . my arrest put an end to that ] I gained 65 pounds of lean mass using Dantes methods and those cycling methods in a year and a half . I think I did 7 cycles of 3-6 weeks during that period . I understand the long cycle therories and they make sense . But if you push it on dosages what so ever I think that you eventually asking for trouble . But Big A advocates staying on all the time and monitoring blood work closely [ which is a great idea ] , but to me it was more of a personal preferance than science . My sex life and sleeping paterns were more important ........

Can anyone point me in the right direction to read some of his theories?

I disagree

why would one want to go up and down with hormones that does nothing but lead to the nasty little side effects. If that was a productive why dont docs recommend a up and down dosage for their patients. Why doesnt the human body hormonally normally go up and down to such extremes. I am one of those belivers that to see gains in any facet of life their has to be consistency hormonally, diet, training, supplementation. Yes their are such things and tolerance, and needed time for breaks but I am firm believer in consistency to all.
gooey

What are Dante's method's? I've read that Author L. Rea is an advocate of shorter cycles in the range of 8 weeks with 2-4 weeks off time, i think this is very smart because less HPTA suppression means your gains are easier to maintain.

I totally respect your opinion Gooey .......I just think why shut htpa for long periods and build up oestrogen .[ even if controled ] Why not trick your body into growth during optimum periods of diet and intensity in the gym ? [ before your body can recognize what is happening and counter with sides and cortisol ] Why not stimulate then back off , recover , and let your body get functioning on it 's own before shuting it down once again . [ I just think are making it harder on yourself to recover and not understanding that intensity in the gym is what produces the stimuli nessary for the body to adapt .........nobody can go balls out for 12 to 24 weeks ........why be on if you aren't trying to grow ?

Like I said I have mad respect for you and physique . Just food for thought , that is what the boards are for . I was just sharing my expirences to what worked well for me and kept my health in check .........

gooey said:
why would one want to go up and down with hormones that does nothing but lead to the nasty little side effects. If that was a productive why dont docs recommend a up and down dosage for their patients. Why doesnt the human body hormonally normally go up and down to such extremes. I am one of those belivers that to see gains in any facet of life their has to be consistency hormonally, diet, training, supplementation. Yes their are such things and tolerance, and needed time for breaks but I am firm believer in consistency to all.
gooey

quick question....are you saying that you never go off?

If so, can you give a brief explanation on how you cycle for maximum gains.

Just curious, since you have had lots of succes in BBing.

I see both sides of the coin here

a)Whats the best way to build density and muscle mass that stays? Long term cycling--gaining mass and holding onto mass for lengthy time periods. The longer you can attain and hold onto a certain amount of muscle mass will also result in the greatest amount of muscle accumalation "that stays" (if and only if you have the endo test/hpta to help you KEEP muscle mass when you are off)

b)What is the key to holding onto muscle mass sans "help"? Having your hpta functioning at a normal to elite level. Whats the surefire way to turn into a scarecrow and losing gobs of muscle mass when you finally get off? Having such an impaired hpta that your body is producing zero to trace amounts of testosterone at that time. Most people do that by staying on so long their endo test is driven into a dormant state.

So whats the answer? If someone thinks that 2 weeks of hcg and clomid at the end of a 12-24 week cycle is going to somehow magically restore their hpta in 10 days so they can hold onto all that hard earned muscle mass, your living on a wing and a prayer. So you got 2 choices. Stay on or (more likely panic when the muscle starts falling off like dead skin and jump back on during the 3rd week of PCT and then convince yourself that you were "off" like a great majority of people do) or build PCT right into the cycle itself, sending signals at intermittent times every 4-8 weeks with antiestrogens and hcg (usually clom nolv hcg (and arim in some cases). If anyone reading this post thinks that their ON cycle bodyweight will lose 20lbs of muscle mass during that 10 days to 2 weeks of "signals sent" before going ON full bore again, your kidding yourself. Youll drop maybe 5lbs of water and youll be right back where you left off during the first 4-5 days of back ON. The lengths of being on are your choice--you can do this 2x or you can do it 5 times in a row or indefinitely--THATS YOUR CHOICE OF TIME ON--the key is intermittent signals to your hpta at short intervals (every 4-8 weeks)

I really dont like talking about this subject to be honest with you with todays climate, but I saw something mentioned above and i wanted my theory on this to be correct here, and I know that there will be comments below saying "well PCT doesnt work when your on"--I DISAGREE TOTALLY--Mainly because everyone in the last 45 years that has been doing PCT has had small amounts of hormones in their body (whether trapped in bodyfat, scar tissue, long hydrolyzing times, or long esters etc etc etc)

Here was my reply on another board and im just going to leave it at that and you can make your own conclusions about all this because this subject like I said makes me uncomfortable to even talk about.

"I dont agree that clomid, nolvadex, et all are rendered completely inert and useless if any iota of exogenous testosterone is in the system.

The effects of aging in normal men on bioavailable testosterone and luteinizing hormone secretion: response to clomiphene citrate.

Tenover JS, Matsumoto AM, Plymate SR, Bremner WJ.

Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Seattle, Washington.

Serum testosterone (T) levels in men decline with age while serum LH levels, as measured by RIA, increase. To assess if the decline in serum T levels in healthy aging men is paralleled by an age-related decline in the bioavailable non-sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG)-bound fraction of T and to determine whether there are age-related changes in LH secretion or LH control of T production, we studied 29 young (aged 22-35 yr) and 26 elderly (aged 65-84 yr) healthy men. All men had single random blood samples drawn, and 14 men in each age group underwent frequent blood sampling for 24 h, both before and after 7 days of clomiphene citrate (CC) administration. Both mean 24-h serum total T levels and non-SHBG-bound T were reduced in elderly men compared to those in young men (P less than 0.05), while estradiol and SHBG levels were similar in the 2 age groups. Serum FSH determined by RIA and LH by RIA and bioassay were higher in the elderly men compared to those in young men (P less than 0.05), but the ratios of LH bioactivity to immunoreactivity and the LH pulse frequency and amplitude were similar. After CC administration, mean serum total T and non-SHBG-bound levels in young men increased by 100% and 304%, respectively, while in older men these values increased by only 32% and 8%, respectively. However, CC-stimulated LH pulse characteristics and serum levels of estradiol, SHBG, FSH, and bioactive and immunoreactive LH were similar in the 2 groups. Thus, both at baseline and after CC stimulation, elderly men had significantly lower serum total T and non-SHBG-bound (bioavailable) T levels than did young men, despite similar or increased levels of bioactive LH and similar bioactive to immunoreactive LH ratios and LH pulse characteristics. These results suggest that major age-related changes in the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis occur at the level of the testes and are manifested by decreased responsiveness to bioactive LH. Administration of CC to young and elderly men resulted in similar changes in LH pulse characteristics and LH bioactivity and immunoreactivity, suggesting preserved hypothalamic-pituitary responsiveness in the elderly.

If its working on a male with normal T levels at only 50mg a day whose to say someone with diminished endo test but 100mg of exog test in their system isnt seeing benefits?"

We know HCG works whether someone is on or off, and as far as nolv, tamox, and arim is concerned when a small amount of exog test is in the system .................Im just going to stop there or Im going to have to really go into all this

So in a roundabout way Gooey and Mike what Im trying to say is you can do exactly what both of you said with this method. Building muscle density and strength with a longer approach (8-24 weeks whatever your choice is) but keeping the hpta functioning (not completely/optimally but as best you can under the circumstances) with an intermittent approach as stated regarding that. Like i said I would like to say more but I feel the subject is taboo

Compelling arguments on both sides. We all know that the best way to gain and keep mass is to stay on year long and increase dose as muscle mass increases. It basically comes down to your morals and where your line of use and abuse is.

HEY DC,
I use clomid year round and I notice my nuts never shrink as they use to when I didnt use clomid on cycle. Certainly a clear sign that Im not as suppressed HPTA-wise. I dont even use HCG. I also use small amounts of anti-estros (as opposed to blockers) to further reduce suppression while Im on-Ive always believed and stated, since the boards started in the mid/late-90s, that HPTA suppression was more negatively affected by high endogenious estro levels than high test levels. Keep the estro low (but not eliminated totally) and block the estro supression in the hypothalamus (clomid) and
I feel you can accomplish this to a good degree.
So Im totally agreeing-thanks for your input.

Thats why DC is the man...

I agree with todays climate it is hard and ludacris to talk about performance enhancing drugs. Like I stated before its good that all of just talk about it and not do, because of the illegality of them. :)
gooey

Just a note about clomid... Why and the hell does that stuff have to make me feel like a school girl wanting to ball my eyes out at any moment. At the same time pimples pop up everywhere :(

Big Ed said:
Just a note about clomid... Why and the hell does that stuff have to make me feel like a school girl wanting to ball my eyes out at any moment. At the same time pimples pop up everywhere :(

Because it's a modified estrogen. You get the mental effects, but not the physical. I personally hate the shit and use it as least as possible(bad grammar I know).

DOGGCRAPP said:
So in a roundabout way Gooey and Mike what Im trying to say is you can do exactly what both of you said with this method. Building muscle density and strength with a longer approach (8-24 weeks whatever your choice is) but keeping the hpta functioning (not completely/optimally but as best you can under the circumstances) with an intermittent approach as stated regarding that. Like i said I would like to say more but I feel the subject is taboo

What are the dosages for the hcg,nolva,clomid & ari...during those 2weeks?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws