over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB Pro Seth Feroce on Inside Bodybuilding

I listened to this the other night on my walk (cardio).

And I thank you Taylor for your ability to keep going back to the pertinent questions that people want to hear about...Matt has a way of going off topic quickly to try to get a laugh, and about 3 times during this interview I saw you go back and ask the right question everyone wanted to hear the answer to.

I dont think an interview has ever been done that showed my own personal reasons of why i think "competitive" onstage bodybuilding is absolutely one of the most stupidest things to do...and that might piss people off but it is what it is.

I came up thru the 90's....it was all about training hardcore, eating to gain with me...this thing was looked at as an athletic endeavor.....and then Momo Bennazizza died when he took diuretics in 92 and tried to limit his water intake by only eating apples. It was freaking shocking to me...Die? From competing? Then another top competitor in the 90's from Indiana (I dont want to name him because he sometimes still competes in masters shows)....went into kidney failure and had to have a kidney transplant....and on and on this has gone on for decades now.

Here is Seth Feroce screaming it out....the guy goes into kidney failure twice before the age of 30 years old. On deaths door for what? Definitely not money. He had to go back to work doing construction etc.

The big picture is this. Unless you are top 3 in the world in this sport or somehow parlay social media into a windfall (rare)...there is no money to be made in this sport in a grand way. And risking kidney failure (among all the other stuff you have to worry about) to get that last film off.....which is going to set you up for serious kidney problems when you are older from the damage you brought around in your 20-30's....is ludicrous in my opinion.

If you read thru the lines you can see the story here...which is this

Jason HUH on phone: "Seth you dont have to even compete, all you have to do is get going social media wise and develop a shtick...mine is the savage shtick....you can be the all american roughneck shtick.....tell people you are picking your spot for you to compete again and then go about making money social media wise...yet never compete."

and I dont blame them one bit for it...not one bit. The more people I see dropping dead, or serious damaging their internal organs from taking risks to be "awesome" onstage...the more i get of the opinion that competitive onstage bodybuilding is freaking stupid. The risk to benefit ratio is paltry.

:yeahthat:

Great post Dante. And I actually think that Joe W. was handing out much bigger contracts that most of the guys getting today. Correct me if I'm wrong... I heard Flex Wheeler talking a few years ago and he said he had a year or two there in the 90's and early 2000's when Joe was paying him 200k. Is this happening today? And to put your body through what it takes for a lousy 4 a week. I mean your life?? Not that 200k isn't a good paycheck, but your vital organs and possibly your life. Eating apples for your hydration :eek:

I consider my self a hardcore trainer and I love it. Guys like Dusty, Branch etc that train harder then probably any pro nfl,nba,mlb, etc... But unless your at the elite level as you said 1-5 in the world, you have to work construction to make the ends meet... Something is really wrong in the sport. Pay these guys!!!

I dont think an interview has ever been done that showed my own personal reasons of why i think "competitive" onstage bodybuilding is absolutely one of the most stupidest things to do...and that might piss people off but it is what it is.

I came up thru the 90's....it was all about training hardcore, eating to gain with me...this thing was looked at as an athletic endeavor.....and then Momo Bennazizza died when he took diuretics in 92 and tried to limit his water intake by only eating apples. It was freaking shocking to me...Die? From competing? Then another top competitor in the 90's from Indiana (I dont want to name him because he sometimes still competes in masters shows)....went into kidney failure and had to have a kidney transplant....and on and on this has gone on for decades now.
Dante,
Might you consider being on one of these podcasts? It would provide you an opportunity to speak openly about such issues. Your insight and experience pertaining to competitive bodybuilding, strength training, drugs, general health and the supplement industry in general would be interesting and informative.

Dante,
Might you consider being on one of these podcasts? It would provide you an opportunity to speak openly about such issues. Your insight and experience pertaining to competitive bodybuilding, strength training, drugs, general health and the supplement industry in general would be interesting and informative.

yes PLEASE. I think Dante said he promised he would do gear'ed up first so I suggest he hurry up and gets that out of the way so he could go on PED asap

Dante,
I know a few shows that he would be great on and that would love to have him :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

$$$

I didn't realise until recently how much money these youtube channels are making...some of these guys are living comfortably off nothing more than making videos. Jason Blaha has about 90k subscribers and said he makes enough to pay his bills and everything just off videos...Piana has over 1/2 million subscribers and it was mentioned he pulls in 6 figures alone from his videos.

There are two kinds of wealthy people: those
who count their money and those who weigh it.

Yea Ive been asked time and time again but one of my fears is im going to go off on a tangent and rip on quite a few people i think need to be ripped on in this sport (alot of these social media stars which you guys believe in this facade they created and in truth you would feel so darn idiotic if you knew the honest truth) .... I dont need anymore stress in my life...LOL

Last edited:
Yea Ive been asked time and time again but one of my fears is im going to go off on a tangent and rip on quite a few people i think need to be ripped on in this sport (alot of these social media stars which you guys believe in this facade they created and in truth you would feel so darn idiotic if you knew the honest truth) .... I dont need anymore stress in my life...LOL

thumb-down-smiley.png

Just make sure they pay you a cut of that episode's revenue because it'll be a hit ;)

I suspect this in not going to be a popular post

:yeahthat:

Great post Dante. And I actually think that Joe W. was handing out much bigger contracts that most of the guys getting today. Correct me if I'm wrong... I heard Flex Wheeler talking a few years ago and he said he had a year or two there in the 90's and early 2000's when Joe was paying him 200k. Is this happening today? And to put your body through what it takes for a lousy 4 a week. I mean your life?? Not that 200k isn't a good paycheck, but your vital organs and possibly your life. Eating apples for your hydration :eek:

I consider my self a hardcore trainer and I love it. Guys like Dusty, Branch etc that train harder then probably any pro nfl,nba,mlb, etc... But unless your at the elite level as you said 1-5 in the world, you have to work construction to make the ends meet... Something is really wrong in the sport. Pay these guys!!!

This is not personal Kalatu_Pharma.

Nothing against bodybuilders; the extremes, the dedication, etc. . . I appreciate and
in many ways emulate and certainly respect what they do. I wish I looked better
than I do, but it is what it is.

But I disagree when you say ‘Something is really wrong in the sport. Pay these guys!!!’

And yes, I like Dantes post, but when you say we should ‘Pay these guys’ just what
are we paying them for? I think the numbers you quote, while if accurate, Flex
was being grossly overpaid in relation to what he contributes minus his commercial
value, which in my opinion is false advertising at its best and outright criminal fraud
at worst.

Again, nothing against bodybuilders and much respect for those who are able to
ilk out a living from their passion in a sub / sub culture . . . but what value are they
really adding to your life and society in general? A healthy lifestyle? (It used to be
but drugs all but ruined the health aspect of bodybuilding and the foundation on
which is was built and represented.) In most regards, sorry but no. Putting your
health at risk? Yes if you truly adopt the lifestyle . . . spending most if not all your
money chasing a dream that in most regards, the end result already being
genetically determined while you fantasize of living the dream? Give me a break . . .
it is just a body for crying out loud. Nobody really, ultimately nobody cares as
much about what you look like but you. My opinion. So what in the grand scheme
of things . . . some fotos, plastic trophies to show your children / grandchildren if
you are fertile enough to have them? Peace of mind is fine, accomplishments of
the physical nature, trust me, take on a different completion with time. I have
done more than enough physical things and have the scars to prove it, and not
enough for other people . . . but I am trying. Of that I am not proud.

And please don’t use professional mainstream sports and the money the super-
stars make as a rational means for comparison. It is not, and they too are
grossly overpaid but people are prepared to pay to see them play, and what
they make is what the market will bear so more power to them I suppose.

In bodybuilding, a dream is being sold under the pretense that anyone can build
the physique you want if you do this, take that, with commercial interests all but
destroying the ‘sport’ with many laughing all the way to the bank. While there are
many good and honest people out there I believe (think Dante, Shelby, JM, etc . . .)
where I believe they would put your health interests first and do not lead you
down the path of desperation while picking your pockets along the way . . . they
are few and far between.

It is really not that difficult if you have the genetics . . . you work out, you eat, you
sleep, you take ‘supplements’. Repeat. It is not rocket science. Everybody will
improve. Guaranteed. And some will improve more than others. Guaranteed. The
key is being happy with what you have and your genetic limitations, which are not
subject to change. In my opinion, most serious weight trainees / bodybuilders are
disappointed with their results as a result of unrealistic expectations. I fell prey
to it early in life until my dear old Dad told me you can’t make a silk purse out
of sow’s ear. (I have zero genetics for real bodybuilding.) And I was not willing to
take AAS at the time as I would surely have abused them, such is my nature, in case
you can’t tell. I am a 100%er.

Back when I started weight training they did not have site injections or implants
(except Arnold’s calves?), or PMMA and lord knows what else folks are doing now
a days. So who knows what lengths I would have gone to reach the idealized
version of myself.

Do I sound bitter? No, not in the least. Angry . . . no way. Sour grapes? Think again.
Envious of their physiques? Maybe. Certainly I used to be and in some ways still am.
Now, it keeps me honest, striving to improve my physique which is pretty much diet
at this stage in my life unless I want to increase my TRT dosage. So now, at a
minimum, at my age (I am old enough be a father to most members), maintaining
what little I have is a priority without sacrificing my health. It is great for
self-discipline and in many regards, self-esteem to be honest. I would miss that part
of my life for sure. I do believe if you have ever experienced significant results
from weight training, you will always be drawn back to it. True story.

It just makes me uncomfortable when folks have an unrealistic (my opinion) of
where bodybuilding fits into the grand scheme of things. I think they make more
money, if they make any real money at all, than they deserve, regardless of the
sacrifices, hard work and what they untimely contribute. This is from bodybuilding
. . . not direct sales, personal training, adverts, etc. . . . again, you get what the
market will bear, regardless of the consequents or the ethics.

Kalatu_Pharma, I agree with much of what you say but if you want to discuss
‘Something is wrong with this sport. Pay these guys’ that opens up a whole ‘nuther
can of worms, most of which I touched on above.

Be well,
alfresco

PS. Please excuse any grammar / spelling errors. This was a quick and dirty
'core dump.'

my fears is im going to go off on a tangent and rip on quite a few people i think need to be ripped on in this sport (alot of these social media stars which you guys believe in this facade they created and in truth you would feel so darn idiotic if you knew the honest truth)
That would be quite the show! Your rationale is sound. Still, it could be a platform to help more people than those who frequent these boards.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131