over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Immune system

Designbuilt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
In your opinion what is the best supplement to strengthen then immune system?

Zinc - without a doubt. I have taken zinc religiously for a year now and (knock on wood) I have not gotten sick since starting this protocol.

I noticed that when I started to get sick once I took some of my friends zinc tabs. I felt a lot better a lot faster. I went out and bought a bottle of zinc on my own. I used to take them when I felt a cold coming on (which as a college student was fairly often) but for the past year or so I just take zinc before bed every night as a preventative measure - and it's worked.

Really it's great stuff and I bought a big cheap bottle at vitamin shop.

I don't even take a multi-vitamin but bet your ass I take zinc every night.

And I've tried mega dosing vitamin C. I feel like if you forget to take that stuff for a day or 2 you get sick. Aside from that I haven't tried any immune boosting supplements.

Last edited:
I dont think you can say there is 1 BEST supplement for immune system..I think its a combination of supplements and other factors to protect/strengthen it...But I am a big fan of Humanofort and Grape Seed Extract.

I don't know what the best is but this is what I'm using at the moment.It sends me to sleep really well and dream all night long.

Mucuna Pruriens

REGENERATION OF ORGANS (HEART, KIDNEY, LIVER, LUNGS)
DRAMATICALLY STRENGTHENED IMMUNE SYSTEM
IMPROVED SLEEP (PROMOTES DEEP SLEEP)
REDUCED BODY FAT & DECREASED CELLULITE
DECREASED WRINKLES
IMPROVED SKIN TEXTURE AND APPEARANCE
INCREASED BONE DENSITY & REVERSAL OF OSTEOPOROSIS
INCREASED LEAN MUSCLE MASS
IMPROVED MOOD AND SENSE OF WELL BEING
ENHANCED LIBIDO & SEXUAL PERFORMANCE
INCREASED ENERGY LEVELS
IMPROVED CHOLESTEROL PROFILE

Mucuna Pruriens commonly known as velvet bean, contains a significant amount of naturally occurring L-dopa, an amino acid that converts into dopamine. Mucuna Pruriens has long been used in traditional Ayurvedic Indian medicine for Parkinson Disease. In a randomized, controlled, double blind clinical trials, researchers has found that the natural source of L-dopa from Mucuna Pruriens possess advantages over conventional L-dopa preparations in the long term management of Parkinson Disease. Dopamine is an essential component of our body and it's required for proper functioning of the brain. Research has discovered that the body converts the amino acid tyrosine into L-dopa; L-dopa is then converted into dopamine. Without the neurotransmitter dopamine to serve a damping effect on neural transmissions, muscles become tense and tremble.

L-dopa may be useful for improving attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by improving sleep disorder. ADHD is a chronic, neurologically based syndrome characterized by restlessness, distractibility and impulsivity. Many patients with ADHD experience sleep disorder that may cause them to be inattentive and hyperactive due to sleep deprivation. According to a study released during the American Academy of Neurology, patients taking Levadopa showed marked improvement in their sleep disorder, behavior, and mental acuity. Researchers argue that there may be a common link -- a dopaminergic deficiency in the brain that causes both the sleep disorders and the ADHD. Early pharmacological studies, published in 1927 and 1930 respectively, proved (in the rabbit) that L-dopa exerted significant effects on glucose metabolism (causing marked hyperglycemia) and on arterial blood pressure. Powdered Mucuna Pruriens seeds (contains 3-4% L Dopa) were given to normal and diabetic rabbits. In normal group 0.5, 1 and 2 g/kg of M. Pruriens significantly decreased the blood glucose levels while in diabetic rabbits only 1 and 2 g/kg body weight caused a significant fall. High levels of trace elements like manganese, zinc, and others were found in these seeds. Therefore, it is conceivable that M. Pruriens seeds contain hypoglycemic principles, may be both organic and mineral, which seem to act indirectly by stimulating the release of insulin and/or by a direct insulin-like action.

In 1977 issue of SCIENCE, researchers reported that L-dopa increased mean lifespans by up to 50% when fed to experimental rats at a dose of 40 to 80mg per gram of food. In a 1979 research, L-dopa almost totally reversed the slowness of motion and lack of coordination shown by aged rats (24 to 27 months). Aged rats could not swim well for more than a few minutes and their swimming lacked coordination compared to control young rats, and after several minutes they would repeatedly sink. All of these problems disappeared after treatment with L-Dopa. These research present strong evidence that regular treatment with L-Dopa could have anti-aging effects and therefore lead to greater vigor in the old.

A group of Urologist from Southern France used apomorphine (Dopamine activator) for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. When animals have probes implanted that let them self-stimulate the pleasure pathway [dorsal raphe - ventral tegmental area – nucleus accumbens (NA)/prefrontal cortex (PFC)], they will often stimulate dopamine release into the NA/PFC, rather than eat or sleep, until they starve to death. This provides a strong evidence that participation of dopaminergic system in the control of sexual function. Dopamine is a precursor to adrenaline. Dopaminergic networks are associated with "pleasure and movement centers" and are thought to control mood, motivation and reward. Many rewards and pleasures can ‘trip the dopamine pleasure switch’, including sex, food, hugging, kissing, etc. Experimental data suggest that the release of dopamine are present at all stages of sexual behavior in rodents. It is likely that dopamine can trigger penile erection by acting on oxytocinergic neurons located in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus, and perhaps on the pro-erectile sacral parasympathetic nucleus within the spinal cord.

Mucuna Pruriens has also been popular among athletes as L- Dopa contains natural secretagogues which may support the body's ability to stimulate the natural release of growth hormone. The blood carries the dopamine into the brain, where it naturally increases HGH production from the pituitary gland. Human growth hormone (hGH), or somatotropin, is a protein made up of 191 amino acids which is secreted by the pituitary gland and coordinates normal growth and development. Receptors which respond to hGH exist on cells and tissues throughout the body. The most obvious effect of hGH is on linear skeletal development. But the metabolic effects of hGH on muscle, the liver, and fat cells are critical to its function. The increased dopamine levels also optimize the production of other hormones, including testosterone, leading to increased sex drive and improved sexual performance for both men and women, beneficial in stimulating muscle growth, as well as burning fat from fat cells

Last edited:
for me…

good stress management (my job especially) and quality sleep for 8-9 hours does the trick

Thanks, I appreciate all of the replys.

I think I may be able to add a bit to this thread.

Growing up I was always the "sick kid" any sneeze that comes my way, bam I got it. Forgetting to wash my hands before a meal? Got sick. Everyone would wonder whats wrong with me. I litterally would get sick, recover, and about 3 weeks later, get sick again. Almost never bacterial, always viral. Running noses, flu etc.

When I got sick, it wouldnt be the 3 day sniffles. I would go thru at least 3 big tissue boxes, with bloody sore nose, and about 2-3 week long intense colds.

In time, and desperation it was ruining my education, work, life.. I started to research what I can do. And now I must say, I get sick once in a blue moon. Last winter for the first time ever I did not get sick ONCE.

These are the things I take regularly and I really cannot believe this all works, but its undeniable with me, and now everyone who knows me.

Elderberry (Sambucus) 1 Teaspoon a day. AMAZING anti-viral

Olive Leaf Powder from Olivus (Not olive leaf extract as it doesnt have all the balanced constituents. Olive leaf is one of the most amazing things for viruses. It kills almost all viruses that are put against it in testing. (There can be a herxheimer reaction with so much pathogens being killed off, so becareful) I take 1 tablespoon every day.

Beta-1,3-Glucan (like epicor someone stated) It has the ability to increase white blood cell count, and increase the FUNCTION of the immune system. Macrophages are far more active. Attaches to them at their receptors signaling them to increase function and speed. Very interesting stuff. I take 500mg every day

Mushroom Extract with Reishi, shiitake, maitake and cordyceps are amazing at increasing T cells and immune function. I take 1 pill every day

Vitamin D. If you notice in northern America many flues start at the end of August, there is some studies on Vitamin D and its role in keeping flues at bay. After August, the sun shifts its angle, and our bodies do not produce adequate vitamin D at this time, due to inadequate UV. (Try to get sunlight between 10am and 2pm as the Sun angle is perfect for producing maximal vitamin D. This has been linked to flues acting up again, as viruses act in a cyclical fashion. I take 5000iu every day, especially after August.

Coconut Oil. Has lauric acid in it, infact a product called Lauricidin is an extract from this. Lauric acid is found in mothers milk as well and plays a big role in immunity. It actually helps liquify the shield around viruses, leaving them susceptible to our immune systems. (virus uses the fats to make its lipid layer, since lauric acid will not properly function in the lipid layer, the virus's protection disintegrates. I take two tablespoons every day.

Vira-Stop. Proteolyitic Enzymes. Some viruses have capsids around them, which are protein shields (basically). Vira-stop can go in and destroy those shields. I dont take this anymore due to price, but have before with great effects.

Oil of Oregano. VERY VERY POWERFUL STUFF. I have a nasal inhaler with oregano in it, I take oregano drops every day, and also oregano gel caps once a day. Everytime I feel a sniffle coming along, I take a sniff of my nasal spray and I dont get sick. It litterally destroys any bacteria, fungus, virus that comes in contact with it. Nothing can survive in my sinuses (where most common colds initiate viral replication.

And lastly for therapeutic reasons, I use aromatherapy from a nebulizer. I do this for fun, and it relaxes me. It has oregano oil in it, eucalpytus, ravensara, hyssop, Lime oil, and a few others. This goes from my nasal.. sinusus, into throat, and down into lungs. Helped me get over pneumonia once very fast. I do not actually get sick anymore, and when I do, its usually done in a day or two.

And I cannot forget garlic, 1 clove a day with food!

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Some good posts coming in now.
Save yours to my documents Weltweite

Watched the great vids Rooster,apprieciate it.Off to get some vitamin D on monday lol

:cool:

vitamin D

If I had to pick one, without a doubt it would be vitamin D. The only issue is to make sure you are getting a sufficient amount.

i use organic wheat grass tablets, quercetin, l-dopa, vitamin d, and organic cherry juice, and my faorite systemic enzymes

Last edited:
Glutathione

Glutathione injections maybe the best thing. I ever tired. Yet you need to research for yourself and make your own decisions

vitamin D

also a big fan of vitamin D

Immune - weird

I'm 46 next week and have always been extremely heatlthy. (tho' a poor speller) I started HRT in 6/08, with 2 blasts in between. I have 2 young children so i am exposed to various minor illnesses quite often.

Well, since 6/08 I have not even had a stuffy nose - nothing at all. Is there a correlation with HRT and 100% perfect health? I've probably just been very lucky. My diet pretty much sucks. No vitamins or any other OTC supplements.

Before I started GH and lost my weight. I was below normal in immune function. I got sick a lot. I got retested and I am now middle high on the scale.

hi tri

I'm 46 next week and have always been extremely heatlthy. (tho' a poor speller) I started HRT in 6/08, with 2 blasts in between. I have 2 young children so i am exposed to various minor illnesses quite often.

Well, since 6/08 I have not even had a stuffy nose - nothing at all. Is there a correlation with HRT and 100% perfect health? I've probably just been very lucky. My diet pretty much sucks. No vitamins or any other OTC supplements.

Hi man I enjoyed your post. I think I read that TRT/hrt will boost your immune system. At least I've heard that from many friends.

I'm a using D3 and turmeric, both of which I learned about here on PM. In addition I'm taking 18 grams of omega oils, flax n fish, 2 build up HDL levels before the fall cycle.
Then there's cinnamon caps and coq10. Btw this protocol took my blood pressure down from 170/130 ish to around 143/106. 25mg of HCTZ took it down to 123/96

Plus Glutathione anywhere from there amps pw if running DNP to 2 amps per month.

wow guys ive just bookmarked this thread as it has a wealth of infomation! weltweite may i pm you as i have been struggleing with serious immune problems and think i can learn very much from,no worries if not just thought better ask, thks rich

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear