over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Impressed with Phil Hernon...

IRON MAN

Banned
I'm new here at pro muscle and have been doing "numerous" searches on various training methods that have been talked about on this forum. The thing that sticks out in my mind is Phil Hernons 3 set twice per week training method whichj appears to be comprised of compound exercises for the most part.

Why am single out Phil? Well let me tell you a story. In 1984 I graduated H.S. and joined up at our local gym. I had worked out all my life using the weider principles. Generally I incorporated 8 to 12 sets twice per week which was common practice back then. The 4-6 day per week workouts where long and grueling. I gained some muscle and strength but lifter for years before joining the gym without really making any positive progress.

I a long with the rest of the gym's members continued to use volume training hoping to be the next Arnold. In 1986 a young man named Bill joined out gym. He was massive with very little body fat. Upon talking to Bill I found out he was only doing 3 sets twice per week. Then to my surprise he was only using one exercises per bodypart. I was thrown off by his statements and felt as if he was lying. Others mocked his low volume behind his back calling it stupid and portraying him as a lazy gentics freak on juice. But his body did the talking for him and I found out he was not only a natural trainer but a once skinny one at that. :eek:

To make a long story short Bill and I became great friends and still are to this day. He taught me about overtraining and three months under his tulage I gained more size and strength than I had gained the last 5 years of using volume training. This may sound far fetched but it is true none the less. Bill taught me that most people are so over-trained it wasn't even funny and how that doing more actually burned off muscle.He said a few genetic freaks did well with volume but those same individulas would do even better with less volume.

Upon taking my first cycle of steroids I reverted back to my old volume way of training. I was under the false impression more volume was needed when taking steorids. I didn't realize anabolic did nothing to help the CNS recevery any quicker and soon became overtrained and was at a stand still with my thrid cycle. Earlier Bill had told me to train the exact same when using steroids as he had taught me as a natural. He explained the stronger one gets the more intensity one is able to generate, therefore zapping the CNS all the more.

I went back to the MWF program working each body part with 3 sets twice in an 8 day period. I blew up with size and strength. My apetite increased and I was no longer fighting to gain muscular weight.

Sorry for rambling but I just had to share my story because Bill and Phil are like 2 peas in a pod when it comes to training beliefs. Now that I know what works the best it saddens me to watch guys spend so much un-needed time in the gym only to fight an uphill battle for each ounce of muscle mass because they are over-training their CNS.

Now I know why Phil is so well liked on this board. I had Bill browse through his training ideas and he had good things to say about Phils training methods. I hope everyone realizes what an asset it is to have someone like Phil Hernon on this board because guys like this are a gem in the rough. ;)

Good post

I agree, having Phil here is GREAT! So give me a chest workout for example....

Actually tell me exactly what your training routine is/ sets/ reps/ exercises...
Thanks bro!

|--[\\\]>------ phil is a prime example that 'more is not always better"

bigbadasian said:
|--[\\\]>------ phil is a prime example that 'more is not always better"

... thats why he uses the penis pump DOH! LMAO :D

I think...

Phil is hot!! :p he is such a savage ;)
gooey

IRON MAN said:
Why am single out Phil? Well let me tell you a story. In 1984 I graduated H.S. and joined up at our local gym. I had worked out all my life using the weider principles. Generally I incorporated 8 to 12 sets twice per week which was common practice back then. The 4-6 day per week workouts where long and grueling. I gained some muscle and strength but lifter for years before joining the gym without really making any positive progress.
During that same time period is when I got serious about bodybuilding.

What you describe is exactly what people in the gym "that were serious" were doing - sharing what the latest pro workout was (Weider principles). The only reason I may have made more gains than others is I knew the importance of nutrition. I didn't really get my awakening until around 1994 :eek:

phil hernon

I owe alot of my many accoplishements in the gym to phil. ANY workout Phil suggests, along with dedication in the gym, well the results speak for themselves. Thanks Phil for all the time and effort you've put into my training. d-train

D TRAYYYYYYYYYYYYN

D-TRAIN said:
I owe alot of my many accoplishements in the gym to phil. ANY workout Phil suggests, along with dedication in the gym, well the results speak for themselves. Thanks Phil for all the time and effort you've put into my training. d-train

Hi, how are you?

All the people I see that look the same month after month year after year are the ones on high volume training with little time off. They use alot of different exercises in one session...no break periods between one exercise to the next and they work for a couple hours. And even when they are supposed to be resting between sets... they are moving somewhere..fast...doing something...not actually rrrrrrresting. Have to say one thing for them...they have endurance..that's for sure.

The only people I've even seen whom use the high volume properly is the peeps whom already have the size they are going to get for the season and go into contest prep with low weights high reps compound sets etc. It's seems that alot of the peeps I see that use the high volume system have it confused with contest prep... got it out of a Weider Mag or something.

SS

here is a link

TrainingHard said:
Not to go offtopic but does anyone have a link to Phils program?

private message him + pay him = u will recieve .. Simple

Or if your a VIP client of his theres a hidden forum here for his
Customers... Invisable to most ;) :p I think Bumps in there.

Phils the Man!! The proof is in the Pictures, Both what he acomplished himself
and what he has done for many others. Money well spent for those of you interested enough to invest for personell assisitance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity