mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

In my search for a higher EPA/DHA Fish Oil..

Ironic. I love NOW Foods (as I stated)...but it comes down to cost. To get 3g epa/dha 10 True Nutrition fish oils is what is called for. With Now, itd be 4.

1000/10=100 days ($29)
180/4= 45 days ($19)

.42cents a day for NOW and .29cents a day for TN...so when it comes down to it..not a humungous deal. Yearly its a $47.45 difference. (365 days taking 10 TN vs 4 NOW Ultra)

See I don't feel the need to take 3g combined EPA/DHA. I usually take 2 capsules per day, which provides 1.5g.

Do you have studies to back up a 3g daily dosage? Because if so, I'll certainly consider doing it.

My main difference again is less pills, enteric coating (so no fish burps) and FAR less filler/waste/non-omega 3 crap entering my system. 250mg per capsule vs. 700mg...and you take several more capsules of TN per day...

just curious, why do you choose fish oils over organic oil from seeds, used in UDO's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend. I've always used UDO's, what do you think the benefits are for you personally?

See I don't feel the need to take 3g combined EPA/DHA. I usually take 2 capsules per day, which provides 1.5g.

Do you have studies to back up a 3g daily dosage? Because if so, I'll certainly consider doing it.

My main difference again is less pills, enteric coating (so no fish burps) and FAR less filler/waste/non-omega 3 crap entering my system. 250mg per capsule vs. 700mg...and you take several more capsules of TN per day...

I think when Alpha6164 suggests to take 2-3g of epa+dha daily for max benefits...I'm going to listen.

the reason to use fish oil over flax is that your body has to convert the ala to epa and it only does this at a 30% rate. making it inferior to true high quality fish oil for omega three supplementation. omega 6 and 9 are both inflammatory and are not needed because we get plenty in the average american diet.

just curious, why do you choose fish oils over organic oil from seeds, used in UDO's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend. I've always used UDO's, what do you think the benefits are for you personally?

also gnc has a triple fish oil that is very good as well. its enteric coated and has a high epa and dha. its like 60 dollars for two large bottles which isnt bad

the reason to use fish oil over flax is that your body has to convert the ala to epa and it only does this at a 30% rate. making it inferior to true high quality fish oil for omega three supplementation. omega 6 and 9 are both inflammatory and are not needed because we get plenty in the average american diet.

Ok thank you,

I was educated differently, I suppose the very reason I was educated that way was because the book on fats was written by UDO himself, and quoted the worst side of fish oil use. Ten years ago, UDO's was the oil of choice for many athletes, now the trend is certainly fish oil, I was curious to know why.

Think I'll give them a go, I've been pretty much set in my ways for such a long time with regards to EFA's.

NutriForce Sports - Omegafort SCC

After looking at this, I ordered some today. Awesome. I ordered in a vitamin pak and by itself. Luckily I get it wholesale thru my store.lol

Not much difference on this fish oil and the script version. boom.

I think when Alpha6164 suggests to take 2-3g of epa+dha daily for max benefits...I'm going to listen.

This is your reason?

I'm not trying to offend you, I just don't see that as a good reason to do anything. If alpha recommended 1g or 5g, I'm not taking it just because he said so.

I'd like to see some research. We're not talking about peptides or actual black market stuff or things like injectable curcumin where we're the first to be able to test it in such ways...this is fish oil. There are plenty of studies. I've not seen any backing such a high dose of combined EPA/DHA. If I see some, I'll reconsider my dosing.

This is your reason?

I'm not trying to offend you, I just don't see that as a good reason to do anything. If alpha recommended 1g or 5g, I'm not taking it just because he said so.

I'd like to see some research. We're not talking about peptides or actual black market stuff or things like injectable curcumin where we're the first to be able to test it in such ways...this is fish oil. There are plenty of studies. I've not seen any backing such a high dose of combined EPA/DHA. If I see some, I'll reconsider my dosing.

When a doctor makes a statement or suggestion based on his medical experience and research, I listen. And yes, this is my reason.

When a doctor makes a statement or suggestion based on his medical experience and research, I listen. And yes, this is my reason.

Doctor's often have no idea about dietary supplements or AAS use.

If alpha provided references then I get it, if not, then to me, that's a terrible reason to blindly do something.

I wouldn't let my doctor give me supplement advice...or prescribe a drug to me without my having done research on it.

But hey, to each his own. I will say this though, if the medical research says 1g-2g combined EPA/DHA, then comparing products for pricing and quoting 3g isn't entirely fair.

But to each his own. We're all free to make our own choices and listening to alpha is better than listening to some bro in the gym who's like, "yo, u wanna get hyooooge brah?"

Well, I'm going to get another kilojug of True Nutrition fish oils and Im also going to get a couple bottles of Ultra Omega from NOW. ILL DO 60or 90 days at a time @ 3g of total epa+dha and see if I notice any differences.

Well, I'm going to get another kilojug of True Nutrition fish oils and Im also going to get a couple bottles of Ultra Omega from NOW. ILL DO 60or 90 days at a time @ 3g of total epa+dha and see if I notice any differences.

Hey Knight9, have you noticed any differences so far? Are you still taking both? I'm currently searching for a cost effective high quality fish oil supplement for me and my 3 year old daughter.

Also why not get the liquid form as it seems more cost effective? Any experiences or opinions on the liquids? I've been using NOWs liquid because of low cost.

Thanks for your help bro!

Hey Knight9, have you noticed any differences so far? Are you still taking both? I'm currently searching for a cost effective high quality fish oil supplement for me and my 3 year old daughter.

Also why not get the liquid form as it seems more cost effective? Any experiences or opinions on the liquids? I've been using NOWs liquid because of low cost.

Thanks for your help bro!

I have no experience with the liquids. I just haven't bothered to go that route.
Nordic Naturals are the Rolls Royce of Fish Oils it seems...I am about to purchase 16oz Liquid Children's Omegas for my 20 month old.

However, I didn't notice anything good or bad with NOW Ultra Omega. Well, it was less pills....(4) vs 10 standard 180/120 from TN. I like Jarrow Formulas very much and am currently about to order EPA/DHA Balance and take 5 of them daily for 3g combined EPA/DHA.

As long as you get a reputable brand and take about 3g a day....it should be just fine. Taking less pills is great and cost effective wise...not too much different than taking 10 from TN.

Dr. Berardi stated that if you are inflamed enough going up to 30g a day of omega 3 will benefit.

Dr. Berardi stated that if you are inflamed enough going up to 30g a day of omega 3 will benefit.

I started using high doses because he suggested it for reducing fat on the abdominals (Not really burning fat but just not as much is stored there). It took about 5 months but I really have seen a huge improvement in that area. There were some other contributing factors that may of helped but I believe the Fish oil help a lot.

I used 14 of the Now brand Super Omega EPA soft gels per day. 2 tabs contain 720 mg of Elcosapentaenoic Acid and 480 mg of Docosahexaenoic Acid.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Carlson-Omega-3-flavored-chewable-Softgels/dp/B003BVIBK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389468094&sr=8-1&keywords=carlson+fish+oil"]Amazon.com: Carlson Labs Elite Omega-3 Gems Fish Oil 1250mg, lemon flavored chewable, 120 Softgels: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XEPlsFTIL.@@AMEPARAM@@51XEPlsFTIL[/ame]

400 EPA
300 DHA
per each cap

240 caps $37.70 with shipping

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
theswede
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner