over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intravenous Vitamin C => insulin sensitivity => Fatloss

CHAPS

Registered
found this interesting (Vit C & Fatloss)...it is taken from an interview w/ Charles Poliquin at T-nation. The part about Milos & 3rd degree burns at the end is interesting too.

TC: Hey, what were you telling me the other day about intravenous Vitamin C and insulin sensitivity and hyperbaric chambers?

CP: Well, I got bit in the ass by a brown recluse spider and I got mono-like symptoms, and I never felt so bad in my life. I talked to one of my reps, and she referred me to a doctor in Denver and I went to see this guy who treated me with Vitamin C. First they confirmed that it was a brown recluse spider bite, and I was in danger, basically, of losing my butt cheek.

I got treated with the Vitamin C and put in a hyperbaric chamber, and within 36 hours I was asymptomatic. I still had a lump of venom in there, and I kept doing the treatments and I got rid of the venom and all the effects.

When you get bit by a brown recluse, you get necrotic fasciaitis, so people who get bit in the nose can lose their nose, people who get bit in the arm can lose their arm, etc, so by doing the super-high dose of Vitamin C—I was getting 180 grams twice a day–by IV, I was able to save my tissue.

However, interestingly, the guy told me that he had to monitor my blood sugar every 20 minutes. He said that such a high dose of Vitamin C has a considerable glycemic response, so I actually had to drink a gallon of grape juice while getting this Vitamin C treatment because my blood sugar levels were just falling,

However, after doing the Vitamin C, and despite ingesting so many carbs, I was actually leaner when I left the clinic!

Then I went on-line and found the research that intravenous Vitamin C changes insulin sensitivity, so I started experimenting on myself. I was at 6% body fat when I started to do 180 grams of Vitamin C twice a week for a month, and I got down to 2.8% body fat without changing anything else. I asked the doctors on my staff to start using the procedure on my athletes and we figured out that in 4 weeks, we could get body composition changes in 4 weeks that we normally get in 10 weeks.

TC: How did this tie in with the hyperbaric chamber?

CP: The hyperbaric chamber was to treat the brown recluse bite, so if you do the IV while in the chamber, the IV is more efficient.

For example, a while back, Milos Sarcev burned himself severely while making a movie. He had 3rd degree burns and looked like burned steak! He was supposed to have a skin graft and stay in the hospital a month, but one of my patients is the director of the burn center at Harvard, so he called the burn center in Arizona and told them to let me do whatever I want, so I gave Milos a ****load of antioxidants including Vitamin C and put him in the hyperbaric chamber. Two days after the treatment, he no longer needed a skin graft and he was released a week after.

I now use it with athletes to improve recovery. It even improves brain function. I was amazed at how mentally sharp I was every time I did an IV in the chamber.

I found this post on AM and found it very interesting, any thoughts?

I have recently been working on insulin sensitivity issues and have done extensive reading into it, indeed vit c is a key factor in insulin sensitivity and syndrome X or what ever people want to call it these days, daily does of 1500mg along with other supplements like NA-rala, bitter melon extract, biotin, chromium, magnesium, zinc, vit e and vit d, co enzyme q10 can significantly help to lower blood glucose levels and improve insulin sensitivity along with so many other benefits. In clincal trials all of the above substances have been proven in some way to improve the condition, and in the obese some of the results were nothing short of astonishing, even more so than prescription drugs. There are other ingredients that can help this condition too, although the above are the ones I have been studying in detail.

None of this supprises me apart form the size of the dose 180 grams that is a shit load that is around 3000 X RDA, I personally have never heard of doses that high in any condition, I know of people that use 10 grams per day and swear by it. I have read that intravenous vit c is so powerful it can be almost an anti cancer to a certain degree. All very interesting, and that drop in BF seems a bit far fetched, to be just vit c

I have recently been working on insulin sensitivity issues and have done extensive reading into it, indeed vit c is a key factor in insulin sensitivity and syndrome X or what ever people want to call it these days, daily does of 1500mg along with other supplements like NA-rala, bitter melon extract, biotin, chromium, magnesium, zinc, vit e and vit d, co enzyme q10 can significantly help to lower blood glucose levels and improve insulin sensitivity along with so many other benefits. In clincal trials all of the above substances have been proven in some way to improve the condition, and in the obese some of the results were nothing short of astonishing, even more so than prescription drugs. There are other ingredients that can help this condition too, although the above are the ones I have been studying in detail.

None of this supprises me apart form the size of the dose 180 grams that is a shit load that is around 3000 X RDA, I personally have never heard of doses that high in any condition, I know of people that use 10 grams per day and swear by it. I have read that intravenous vit c is so powerful it can be almost an anti cancer to a certain degree. All very interesting, and that drop in BF seems a bit far fetched, to be just vit c

If it was anyone else but Poliquin i'd have to agree with you. Imagine the uses for this though for burn victims, obesity, possibly help fight cancer.

Anyone know if it's legal to get vitamin c set up for intravenous use? And if so where you could get it, lol

What is the legality and availablity of IV vitamin C in the US?

Obviously Vitamin C is OTC but does putting it in solution change that?

What is the legality and availablity of IV vitamin C in the US?

Obviously Vitamin C is OTC but does putting it in solution change that?

You can get it from several places online. It's not cheap though and is an insane price when you mega-dose it like poliquin does.

I dunno about the precise legality. I would think though that even if it is a vitamin, it would be near impossible to get it OTC since I know that plaqces are heavily discoraged by legal action when considering selling injectable versions of everyday products. (ie. if some dumbass messes up an injection, gets an infection and dies this could lead to serious legal action against the seller for negligence etc etc). This is why poliquin has qualified doctors giving his athletes the injections.

To get around the price issue, though, you could just try and make your own injectable solution.(see link) I have never tried it myself. Make sure to let me know how it goes if you try it out.

Here, have a link.
http://www.doctoryourself.com/vitciv.html

CD

Poliquin has gone a bit insane the last few years. JMHO.

IV works well but you have to go to a holistic or non traditional MD for it to be administered in his office.
It's expensive and time consuming and inconvienent but has some good effects.

Looked into the stuff that McCormick and Pauling were advocating a while back and did a bit of reading on the topic, more related to collagen synthesis than body fat loss... seemed promising but depending how you go at it megadosing vit-C orally can cause a bit of discomfort.

2006 Study on IV Vit-C use in cancer patients
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16567755

I know of people that use 10 grams per day and swear by it. I have read that intravenous vit c is so powerful it can be almost an anti cancer to a certain degree. All very interesting,

Are the 10g/day taken orally or IV?

You can use it intranasally mixed with a saline solution, but it burns some. I've used it intranasally while sick, but not at those doses. That 180 grams is a very high dosage. I can't really add more than that though.

BMJ

IV works well but you have to go to a holistic or non traditional MD for it to be administered in his office.
It's expensive and time consuming and inconvienent but has some good effects.

How do you think you could go about this? Like you can't just go to a hollistic doctor and request intravenous vitamin C can you? I live in Canada so things may be different for me.

How do you think you could go about this? Like you can't just go to a hollistic doctor and request intravenous vitamin C can you? I live in Canada so things may be different for me.

In the US, you will have to pay (depending on your insurance plan) 30% of the office visit costs and 100% of the therapy.
Trust me you don't have to ask the holistic guys push vitamin and minerals and IV's on you big time.:D
they beleive in natural healing and therapies.

I have read about the cancer benefits...interesting to hear that it has benefits to athletes too

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws