over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intravenous Vitamins-Minerals-Antioxidants-Aminos

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am just starting to see a new doctor and one of the cool things he does is intravenous treatments of vitamins, minerals, aminos, ect. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what the results were. I remember hearing Bill Romanowski talking about this and he swore by it. I also just heard Toney Freeman say the same thing. I am going to start getting the treatments and I was just seeing if anyone else on the board has done this as well and if they liked the results.

That's pretty cool, let us know how it works for you. My Dr. tells me to just take a multi vitamin "like centrum":confused:

thats interesting, how much are the treatments?

i have bought a few bags of freamine and a i.v. kit i have hooked up to a few times, its is very expensive to buy the i.v. bags and i really didnt notice to much i the way of anything from it, besides the hydration benifits.....

what kind of i.v. bag are they using?

I am just starting to see a new doctor and one of the cool things he does is intravenous treatments of vitamins, minerals, aminos, ect. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what the results were. I remember hearing Bill Romanowski talking about this and he swore by it. I also just heard Toney Freeman say the same thing. I am going to start getting the treatments and I was just seeing if anyone else on the board has done this as well and if they liked the results.

I have being seeing a holistic Doc and he is pushing IV's on me for some mineral and vitamin "defeciences" . Rana nutrient profile Spectracell labs. Unfortunately it cost me $700, after insurance and deductables.

I have been having some gastric issues and food allergies which I am trying to work through and have been slacking on my vitamin minerals supps which have left my tank low. I told him I wanna go the pill route first as I have every supplement known to man x 10 in my kitchen.
One thing he found me defeicient in was ferritin or serum iron, which suprised me as I eat a ton of red meat, but have kept supplemental iron out of my diet because my hematocrit runs high and when I donate they were always commenting on how my iron was.

The infusions he admits maked you feel sick and take 3-4 hours. The cost of $150 is kinda steep too.

Let us know how you make out, I think regular supps are fine, as long as there isn't an absorption problem or gastric issue/allergy and think there aren't much benefit to IV aminos over standard supps.
The benefits of hyper hydration may not be as effective either worth the needle in the arm as I have known a few guys to try and rehydrate with them saline and dextrose.

thats funny....when me and my boy sit there and think about the crazy stuff pros possibly do, iv feedings comes up alot. i wonder if anyone actually does this and what in the bag??

I read an article that Charles Poliquin wrote a while back, and he swore by intravenous vitamin C. His claim was that it allowed his athletes to maintain a much higher endurance. He implied rather than having to drop reps for a given weight load, one could reproduce the original reps with no noticeable difference.

I believe the treatments are around 120 per session...but insurance covers much of it. He is a naturopathic doctor so he has a different perspective than im used to. I am sort of new to this so I am learning as I ask him questions.

Remember guys a lot of these things aren't medically approved or tested we think they are good things but in reality they may not be.
for example chelation therapy was mentioned to me to possibly remove heavy metals, when I searched on it I found several references to renal failure becasue of it. (I'll keep my heavy metals and my kidneys thank you!)

"EDTA isn’t totally safe as a drug. There’s a real danger of kidney failure. (renal tubular necrosis). EDTA can also cause bone marrow depression, shock, low blood pressure (hypotension), convulsions, disturbances of regular heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmias), allergic-type reactions and respiratory arrest.

In fact, a number of deaths in the United States have been linked with chelation therapy. Also, some people are on dialysis because of kidney failure caused, at least in part, by chelation therapy.

The American Heart Association is concerned that some people who rely on this therapy may delay undergoing proven therapies like drugs or surgery until it’s too late. This is the added danger of relying on an unproven “miracle cure.”

Clearly, people who choose chelation therapy are risking more than money."

I am wondering the effects of saturating the blood stream quickly with vitamins and minerals, and the effect on the body especially CA.

thats interesting, how much are the treatments?

i have bought a few bags of freamine and a i.v. kit i have hooked up to a few times, its is very expensive to buy the i.v. bags and i really didnt notice to much i the way of anything from it, besides the hydration benifits.....

what kind of i.v. bag are they using?

KM which freamine were you using? 10% or 8.5%? Did you go with the one with electrolytes?

What was your rate of infusion?

Aren't you guys concerned about hyperammonemia?

Yeah Phil I am and just about anything else that may result (the treatments) from it. I'm not sure if a huge amount of aminos would cause a big increase in blood plasma ammonia but I dont want to be the person that it happens to. Maybe I guess it would have happened to someone by now? All I know is this quote from a medical journal and its not a fun one to read....

"Progressive hyperammonemia, whether treated or not, eventually causes cerebral edema, coma, and death"

:eek:

I also heard Toney Freeman say this during the "In the trenches" series at MD. He stated that they were the same IV solutions given to alcoholics. At my hospital we call them "banana bags" (because the bags are covered with a yellow bag to help shield them from light). They are comprised of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, etc. since alcoholics are usually deficient in these. They are also very expensive!!!!

I had a 2 customers that had some seroius overall cardiovascular issues that had cleation therapy and literally looked like they were alive again. For them it certainly worked positively. Always wondered about it. That was EDTA as mentioned above and huge C dose I belive.

Scary about the rate of renal failure possiblily associated with it.

Last edited:
What hospital is this?

I also heard Toney Freeman say this during the "In the trenches" series at MD. He stated that they were the same IV solutions given to alcoholics. At my hospital we call them "banana bags" (because the bags are covered with a yellow bag to help shield them from light). They are comprised of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, etc. since alcoholics are usually deficient in these. They are also very expensive!!!!

quite a while ago a doc developed supervitamins in liquid form to keep his bacteria and virus' alive in petri dishes. after a while he decided to try them on himself after creating a pill version and found that the results were amazing. his health drastically improved. his vitamins are the most bioavailable you will ever find on the market. I have teken them many times when I could afford them and I always feel much better on them than any centrum, GNC and animal pak (although the animal paks are better than the rest).
Now that I have sounded like a commercial I will tell you that I have no stock in this company...if I did, I would not tell you the following....you can even find these on E-Bay . the product line is owned by a company called Usana. I prefer the essentials because i hate taking handfuls of pills.
I have been having the worst luck getting a good deal on e-bay and am debating on sucking up the higher prices. i have been off for over a month now and I am getting colds left and right (started about 2 weeks after my last pill) i don't even take as many as I am supposed to, just one pill from each bottle does its wonders on me.
I will not offer any other info on how to get these items since I am not a sponsor, just go to e-bay...lots of sellers there.

Bottom line

quite a while ago a doc developed supervitamins in liquid form to keep his bacteria and virus' alive in petri dishes. after a while he decided to try them on himself after creating a pill version and found that the results were amazing. his health drastically improved. his vitamins are the most bioavailable you will ever find on the market. I have teken them many times when I could afford them and I always feel much better on them than any centrum, GNC and animal pak (although the animal paks are better than the rest).
Now that I have sounded like a commercial I will tell you that I have no stock in this company...if I did, I would not tell you the following....you can even find these on E-Bay . the product line is owned by a company called Usana. I prefer the essentials because i hate taking handfuls of pills.
I have been having the worst luck getting a good deal on e-bay and am debating on sucking up the higher prices. i have been off for over a month now and I am getting colds left and right (started about 2 weeks after my last pill) i don't even take as many as I am supposed to, just one pill from each bottle does its wonders on me.
I will not offer any other info on how to get these items since I am not a sponsor, just go to e-bay...lots of sellers there.

If you are a type A blood type, you absorb more nutrients from your foods. If you are type O or B, you will need vitamins to supplement your intake.

I dont know about you guys, but just the thought of having to take something IV makes me realize that I am just not cut out to do this. When do we draw the line? When do we realize the shortcomings of our genetics? Shooting IM or SQ is pretty much as far as I am willing to go to look good. With IV, there is no filtration, it is just going straight in your blood stream. Think about that for a second.

I agree

I dont know about you guys, but just the thought of having to take something IV makes me realize that I am just not cut out to do this. When do we draw the line? When do we realize the shortcomings of our genetics? Shooting IM or SQ is pretty much as far as I am willing to go to look good. With IV, there is no filtration, it is just going straight in your blood stream. Think about that for a second.

If anyone resorts to this.......they better rethink their choice of a hobby.

What hospital is this?

The hospital I work at.....can't say the name for obvious reasons. I'm a nurse on a medical/surgical floor. We always get stuck with the alcohol withdrawal patients. I do have some interesting stories though :)

i agree with you kais,

i dod a little thinking when i was frost adminstering this... i am always looking for something new, i am a supp nut, i try pretty much anything new that comes out and se how it works..... this idea was presented to me by some pretty high ranking bbers i the sport. i thought i would give it a try.... is this type of treatment for the weekend warrior? no... but for those of us who are try to find every advantage possible this might be a something to look into.... if you know anyone that plays pro football or a high level sport, i.v. use is not uncommon during after and befor games.... now i tried it and it made no real difference to me, i did bring a bag to both of my shows as a precaution if anythig went wrong with me.... my gal is going to nursing schol right now so she is experienced with this and knows the proper procedures to take....i agree with you though, it really makes you rethink your dedication level to the game when you are sticking a large needle in your arm!

dirkmoneyhsot....

i think i was usnig the 10% with the electrolytes, i dont kow what the rate of infusion was i'll have to ask my gal......

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131