over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is bodybuilding worth LIVING for?

Johnny Smiles

Banned
Sorry guys, but I gotta go there lol. seems like all these threads lately that are 5 pages plus are all about bodybuilding and dying and is it worth it etc.....

well, I wanna remind everyone there are a few threads on here (including this one now) that are about how bodybuilding has SAVED some of us. I was/am an alcoholic and I cant change that. BUT when I train and live the lifestyle there is no place for drinking and that has always helped me stay sober. I am also a "high stress" person and bodybuilding has always give me a healthy outlet to relax and sleep better at night. It has given me goals, competition with my peers... sometimes I was so depressed at time that I dare say it even gave me a purpose to live. it gave me self esteem when I had none. a reason to keep fighting. keep pushing... that IS bodybuilding. learning to PUSH. whether it be against weight or against the odds or both.
it has taught me a lot. whatever it takes from me it might have given me just as much.....
now go lift bitches (jk);):D
love this board. its a BODYBUILDING board. keep it real gentlemen:)
-JS

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but I gotta go there lol. seems like all these threads lately that are 5 pages plus are all about bodybuilding and dying and is it worth it etc.....

well, I wanna remind everyone there are a few threads on here (including this one now) that are about how bodybuilding has SAVED some of us. I was/am an alcoholic and I cant change that. BUT when I train and live the lifestyle there is no place for drinking and that has always helped me stay sober. I am also a "high stress" person and bodybuilding has always give me a healthy outlet to relax and sleep better at night. It has given me goals, competition with my peers... sometimes I was so depressed at time that I dare say it even gave me a purpose to live. a reason to keep fighting. keep pushing... that IS bodybuilding. learning to PUSH. whether it be against weight or against the odds or both.
it has taught me a lot. whatever it takes from me it might have given me just as much.....
now go lift bitches;):D
-JS

Great post. Bodybuilding/Weightlifting and everything involved (following drug/diet plans etc) have given me purpose and drive and just lots of fun. Many won't get that but I am sure most on here do apart from some of the idiotic posters on here recently. In hard times I always have the gym and a battle with the iron.

I will pm you 2moro matey... the last 2 weeks has been abit mental. I hope you're well.

Totaaallllllllly agree!!! Spot on...... I went from shooting up heroin and cocaine and popping 10 methadone a night to......getting clean, eating right, moderate dosages of juice and it was my outlet.............

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

GREAT THREAD boss. I can't offer the knowledge that a lot of guys here can, but I can say this lifestyle is very much worth it. I don't agree with abusing ANYTHING, whether that be steroids, alcohol or cheeseburgers :)

I love trying to better my physique, which in turn leads to more confidence, which in turn leads to a better sense of well being and a feeling of satisfaction. Also it teaches you self control, and discipline. Great lifestyle if you go about it being conscious of your health. Hell it betters your health...I plan to be the 80 year old with vigor and spunk ;)

I've said this many times but i've never seen another sport/cult with so much negativities... people hate when a pro or another fellow competitor succeed saying ''thats all drugs'', ''wonder how his liver/kidney is..'' not tomention all those mishappens over the years like Craig Titus incident, pros getting busted for this and that... and lastly, BB is judged on criticism imposed upon competitor. jusges looks for your flaws and rip you apart on stage...
I'm wondering, if the law of attraction really exist, perhaps the negative nature of BB bringing this to itself?
just a thought...

JS! thanks for bringing some positivity into this!

Last edited:
I will even go as far as saying that the knowledge I have acquired regarding food and exercise has helped me serve others. I see so many people overweight and they are truly clueless as to why. with our knowledge (as bodybuilders) we can always inform and inspire people. at church. on the bus. at work. in line at the grocery store.... always opportunity to share our knowledge. its not all about drugs.....
-JS

Last edited:
Amen!
Training, eating well andall that goes with this sport is a positve part off a "mostly" balanced life I live today. I've gone from needing a couple lines of coke, handful of vicoden washed down with vodka and Gatorade just to get out of bed :( to waking up hitting 30 - 60 cardio to get my day started. :) ,running my own business, hitting the gym at lunch and living life
Now I'm not advocating doing grams of aas just like I dont suggest doing grams of coke or drinking a 5th of vodka in a couple of hours. But for those that can moderate and are happy, truely happy, all the best!

well, I wanna remind everyone there are a few threads on here (including this one now) that are about how bodybuilding has SAVED some of us. I was/am an alcoholic and I cant change that. BUT when I train and live the lifestyle there is no place for drinking and that has always helped me stay sober. I am also a "high stress" person and bodybuilding has always give me a healthy outlet to relax and sleep better at night. It has given me goals, competition with my peers... sometimes I was so depressed at time that I dare say it even gave me a purpose to live. it gave me self esteem when I had none. a reason to keep fighting. keep pushing... that IS bodybuilding. learning to PUSH. whether it be against weight or against the odds or both.
-JS

great post bro! I have lost most of my family from rec drugs. my father at 46, 2 uncles 30 and 35 years old and my twin brother 31 years old. all of us could be doing a lot worse to our bodies. i am a recovered heroin addict with 14 years clean, i was in 10 detoxes before i was 21 years old. the weights and gym and everything involved with training saved my life, no doubt. the gym is the only place i can really escape from this pathetic world we live in

A lot of us are addicts/alcoholics. I know if I couldn't work out, I'd probably go back to drugs and alcohol for the pump. I tried taking two days off last week and got a little depressed, so I can just imagine what long term would do to me.

i was a skinny toothpick 130lbs kid with zero confidence, mediocre social skills, and a virgin before I started lifting weights at 18. The bigger and better progress I made, the better my life has been in every aspect. I am blessed to be insanely popular and have countless friends, some who even look up to me. Lifting weights, and in turn juicing, has made me happier and happier and my confidence has become sky high as a result.

great post bro! I have lost most of my family from rec drugs. my father at 46, 2 uncles 30 and 35 years old and my twin brother 31 years old. all of us could be doing a lot worse to our bodies. i am a recovered heroin addict with 14 years clean, i was in 10 detoxes before i was 21 years old. the weights and gym and everything involved with training saved my life, no doubt. the gym is the only place i can really escape from this pathetic world we live in

My dad died at 50, and the sad part was we did blow a week prior.

Great post JS !

I concur with both your posts and totally relate to you. I have the same hyper type A personality and fast metabolism and had way too much stress in my life so was abusing rec drugs and alcohol as well, it wasnt until I decided to put that shit down and pick up the weights that things changed for the better. Great posts and very Timely too ! :headbang:

i was a skinny toothpick 130lbs kid with zero confidence, mediocre social skills, and a virgin before I started lifting weights at 18. The bigger and better progress I made, the better my life has been in every aspect. I am blessed to be insanely popular and have countless friends, some who even look up to me. Lifting weights, and in turn juicing, has made me happier and happier and my confidence has become sky high as a result.

How old r u?

-JS

Fuck yes!

Johnny... thank you for reminding me/us. I seriously had not remembered this angle of it in some time.

Also, please put up some sort of pic so you can be in the running to be a featured member in the future. LOL

wow

Johnny... thank you for reminding me/us. I seriously had not remembered this angle of it in some time.

Also, please put up some sort of pic so you can be in the running to be a featured member in the future. LOL

We would all like to see a pic, but I doubt that will ever happen:)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws